NJDan

All these People Who Say Greco is Popular

Greco is doing just fine... 

all of you that are scared of it have no impact on the health of Greco worldwide... it will be appreciated and celebrated long after you guys are gone...

On 8/23/2019 at 12:11 PM, jon said:

Your statement is lazy, weird, to my eyes insincere. I called you a dick. There's no 'if' about it.

Apologies jon. your opinion matters a great deal to me and I will do my best to not be a dick to you in the future. thank you for the feedback. 

12 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Apologies jon. your opinion matters a great deal to me and I will do my best to not be a dick to you in the future. thank you for the feedback. 

Not a matter of opinion, man. I've got plenty of opinions about you but I don't voice 'em. In several posts (directed to several posters) you've said something to the gist of "calm down" or "don't get upset". It's bullysome, it's ad hominem, it's underhanded. Thanks for taking interest in my opinion. I wish you'd take interest in your own bad conduct.

Edited by jon

3 hours ago, LJB said:

Greco is doing just fine... 

all of you that are scared of it have no impact on the health of Greco worldwide... it will be appreciated and celebrated long after you guys are gone...

"Greco is doing just fine"

that is not entirely true. beach wrestling is a real, imminent threat. 

3 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

At some point, someone needs to explain what beach wrestling is.  I'd never even heard of it until recently, and still wonder if I'm being trolled every time it's mentioned.

21 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

This what you came here to add?

you are a gem...

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

I can already see what you guys are implying. They're going to cut FS and GR and just replace with with beach wrestling in the Olympics. Terrible. 

More likely they'd replace  wrestling with MMA.

22 minutes ago, NJDan said:

More likely they'd replace  wrestling with MMA.

It would require way too much recovery time between fights to put any sort of Olympic MMA tournament together. 

At any rate, the UFC has contracts with most of the best fighters and I can’t imagine they’d release them to fight at the Olympics. Releasing them would hurt the UFC’s bottom line in several ways.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:40 PM, jon said:

Not a matter of opinion, man. I've got plenty of opinions about you but I don't voice 'em. In several posts (directed to several posters) you've said something to the gist of "calm down" or "don't get upset". It's bullysome, it's ad hominem, it's underhanded. Thanks for taking interest in my opinion. I wish you'd take interest in your own bad conduct.

"bullysome?"

On 8/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, LJB said:

yes it is...

i won't even bore you with the issues my oldest is going through, but, he was 3rd at cadet greco WTTs this year losing to a teammate 8-4 all because he din't think he was in a match the first 10 seconds... they both teched everyone else in the bracket with ease... that kind of talent and he has been kicked out of the OTC and suspended from USA wrestling for a year, so, clearly i don't have the answers...

but, obli di obli da... we will continue to try and find ways to make greco a priority...

Wisconsin has had a few good HS wrestlers (i.e. Nutter, Peak) leave their HS teams to focus on GR, and it seems to be paying off for them. It will be interesting to see how this program develops and if it can draw some top talent. 

http://fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/wisconsin-high-school-approves-greco-roman-program/

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

"bullysome?"

Is it not a word? LOL. One 'bullysome' link: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bullysome

There's a pattern of Jaroslav saying to several other persons something to the gist of "calm down" or "don't get upset". He speaks as if the other persons are hysterical, emotional. Seems to me persons who engage in debate with Jaroslav will be made, by Jaroslav, to look unhinged. In the words of LJB: It's an Internet Parlor Trick. In the words of me: It's tantamount to bullying.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. I post aforementioned paragraph only in response to another post.

Edited by jon