NJDan

All these People Who Say Greco is Popular

40 minutes ago, jon said:

Is it not a word? LOL. One 'bullysome' link: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bullysome

There's a pattern of Jaroslav saying to several other persons something to the gist of "calm down" or "don't get upset". He speaks as if the other persons are hysterical, emotional. Seems to me persons who engage in debate with Jaroslav will be made, by Jaroslav, to look unhinged. In the words of LJB: It's an Internet Parlor Trick. In the words of me: It's tantamount to bullying.

I don't mean to hijack this thread. I post aforementioned paragraph only in response to another post.

"bullysome?"

I call it "bruised feelings."

Edited by AHamilton

Absurd.  What is being said on here is that if 25 people participate in a sport that has a total of 100 people watch it, that it is more popular than a sport that has 20 people and a million people watch it. 

3 hours ago, Katie said:

It would require way too much recovery time between fights to put any sort of Olympic MMA tournament together. 

At any rate, the UFC has contracts with most of the best fighters and I can’t imagine they’d release them to fight at the Olympics. Releasing them would hurt the UFC’s bottom line in several ways.

They have boxing in the Olympics, bu wear  headgear. Why couldn't MMA do the same?

52 minutes ago, Peso said:

Absurd.  What is being said on here is that if 25 people participate in a sport that has a total of 100 people watch it, that it is more popular than a sport that has 20 people and a million people watch it. 

Popular to compete in, yes. 

4 hours ago, tclark said:

Wisconsin has had a few good HS wrestlers (i.e. Nutter, Peak) leave their HS teams to focus on GR, and it seems to be paying off for them. It will be interesting to see how this program develops and if it can draw some top talent. 

http://fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/wisconsin-high-school-approves-greco-roman-program/

I’ve been in contact with that school... I will be keeping tabs on them this year...

On 8/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, gimpeltf said:

Americans think Soccer is boring. The World doesn't.

False. Soccer is becoming more and more popular. Have you seen what is going on at Atlanta United games? 

Our national team isn’t nearly as good as they should be. If we ever make the World Cup finals or even win the thing, soccer will explode. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

False. Soccer is becoming more and more popular. Have you seen what is going on at Atlanta United games? 

Our national team isn’t nearly as good as they should be. If we ever make the World Cup finals or even win the thing, soccer will explode. 

More and more popular still ranks it way behind other sports. Yes, it is a popular youth sport.

American sports tend to emphasize scoring over skill. 

I hadn't heard- think it's great but they are pretty much of an outlier Their average is twice any other team besides Seattle. And they have the top 9 single game crowds in the regular season and top 4 in playoffs.