Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Coon

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, KTG119 said:

Did those Iowa guys qualify as freshmen?

Couple other Iowa greats who DNP as freshmen, in their cases cause they did not start:

Terry Brands non starter 1-2-1

Chad  Zaputil non starter 2-2-2

Think Steve Martin kept both those guys out of post season line-ups

Lou Banach I believe did not as he could not make 190 mid season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franklin Gomez DNQ,3,1,3

2007 was when I really started to lose the ability to follow MSU wrestling without some disgust. They hosted the B1G tourney that year and, other than Nick Simmons, no one looked like they even wanted to be there. Gomez was the 4 seed and went 0-2 and BBQ.   Such a waste of talent that season.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

141 over the last 9 years has been interesting (all in consecutive years): 

Marion (Iowa) 2010-2012: 2,4,2

Port (Edinboro) 2013-2015: 2,3,2

Meredith (Wyoming) 2016-2018: 2,4,2

Also, Greg Jones is an interesting one: 1,DNP,1,1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yonz_g said:

141 over the last 9 years has been interesting (all in consecutive years): 

Marion (Iowa) 2010-2012: 2,4,2

Port (Edinboro) 2013-2015: 2,3,2

Meredith (Wyoming) 2016-2018: 2,4,2

Also, Greg Jones is an interesting one: 1,DNP,1,1

Wow. Good point. 

Recently there has been a lot of parity here. Even when Heil was winning he had constant close matches. 

With Yianni now that has changed but still interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, MSU158 said:

Franklin Gomez DNQ,3,1,3

2007 was when I really started to lose the ability to follow MSU wrestling without some disgust. They hosted the B1G tourney that year and, other than Nick Simmons, no one looked like they even wanted to be there. Gomez was the 4 seed and went 0-2 and BBQ.   Such a waste of talent that season.....

At least they've had some small signs of life recently.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

At least they've had some small signs of life recently.  

I am pretty excited, actually.  They have an outside chance of everyone from 165 up at qualifying for nationals.  If the stars align appropriately and the entire team makes huge jumps, we could see upwards towards 7 or 8, or even 10 qualifying for nationals this year.  It's not impossible.

125) Foley
133) Pepple
141) Hrisopoulos
149) Enriquez/Omania
157) Tucker
165) Hughes
174) Malczewksi
184) Caffey
197) Wilton
285) Beard

I want to see Omania or Enriquez make the drop as well as Hris drop to 133 as well.  That gives the team it's optimal lineup(I think).
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...