Jimmy Cinnabon

If Yianni wins, should Zain hang 'em up?

6 hours ago, fanta said:

FYI, Yanni has a serious knee injury. He was going to get surgery if he didn't win the arbitration. I guess that is getting put off.

If true, it can't be that serious if he plans to train and possibly wrestle through Worlds on it.

17 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

not ranked #1 who has a younger, better gatekeeper blocking them for the rest of their career...yes

Would you say Thomas Gilman is in a similar position?  Fix is younger and could be a better gatekeeper for the rest of Gilman's career.  Or do you think Gilman could move up to 61kg and take out Graff/Colon/Garrett and or Yianni/Zain/JO/Molinaro at 65kg in the Olympic years?

5 hours ago, misterc said:

If true, it can't be that serious if he plans to train and possibly wrestle through Worlds on it.

It's quite serious....and serious enough to require surgery. Remember, he wrestled at the NCAA's on a torn ACL.

9 minutes ago, fanta said:

It's quite serious....and serious enough to require surgery. Remember, he wrestled at the NCAA's on a torn ACL.

I heard he lost his knee in a boating accident... he was going to get it reattached if he lost the arbitration, but, priorities and all...

remember, he has wrestled with no triceps...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

well, he was at the OTC last week, so, make your own determination...

yeah that's what I was figuring, just trying to give my man an opportunity to add some substance to his claim.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

yeah that's what I was figuring, just trying to give my man an opportunity to add some substance to his claim.

that path leads towards damnation...

10 hours ago, LJB said:

well, he was at the OTC last week, so, make your own determination...

I was too son. And anyone else that was there can substantiate my claim. His knee is jacked!

If this is true, it raises questions about Yianni camp strategy.  Turn around time to OTT is not that long.  Waiting to have surgery to repair is really rolling the dice that it will be largely ok by OTT.  Seems dangerous.  They’ve given up months of healing and getting back to form at this point.

Options: 

1.  Fanta is wrong in the magnitude of an issue.  It isn’t that big of a deal.

2.  Fanta is right  & Yianni and crew feel he can compete now and through Olympics with no major surgery and no major degradation in performance

3.  Fanta is right  & Yianni and crew believe Yianni can medal and give him the time he needs to heal.  Can medalists delay OTT?  This option assumes they can.

4.  Fanta is right  & Yianni and crew believe that even if he doesn’t medal, he can get the issue fixed and be back in good form by OTT

5.  Fanta is right & Yianni and crew are freaking insane to gamble being prepared for OTT just to make this world slot, just because

other options?  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, fanta said:

I was too son. And anyone else that was there can substantiate my claim. His knee is jacked!

So, his knee was jacked before the ruling... he decided to not get surgery for this jacked knee so he could wrestle off... yet showed up for the camp with shoes on with no knee brace on his jacked knee...

And interestingly enough, no one at the camp noticed... no one has said anything... no rumors are floating... 

even those I have personally spoken to who were there didn’t say anything even when yanni was brought up... 

you got a couple more days of your game... enjoy it

20 hours ago, LJB said:

So, his knee was jacked before the ruling... he decided to not get surgery for this jacked knee so he could wrestle off... yet showed up for the camp with shoes on with no knee brace on his jacked knee...

And interestingly enough, no one at the camp noticed... no one has said anything... no rumors are floating... 

even those I have personally spoken to who were there didn’t say anything even when yanni was brought up... 

you got a couple more days of your game... enjoy it

Cool it. I'm not trolling, I'm giving an inside scoop. I could give a "F", if you or anyone else believe it. You said nobody noticed at the camp....EVERYONE from 65kgs to 74kgs noticed.

Unless making an Olympic or World team is achievable, I question why some guys keep going. There is not much money and the abuse on the body will eventually  result in limited and painful mobility. Meanwhile, while the guy is chasing the impossible, he is losing time establishing a meaningful career. After college I had aspirations of competing but quickly learned the wall in front of me was too high to get over. With no fanfare, I left my ASICS not on the mat but in the back of my pickup truck. 

Well the short answer is no, you never know maybe Zain wins everything in sight next year and becomes our Olympic Rep. And as we all know, Dake and DT, looked like they were never going to break into the line up, and look at them now. So who knows there's always injuries, and some times people just catch fire like Coleman Scott did in 2012, so maybe Zain is that guy in 2020. 

But I am sure that after 2020, we will see a bunch of retirements which will be kind of a bummer to see some of our guys and gals hang it up, but fortunately we will also see a bunch of young stars trying to become the next World and Olympic Champions, and that will be great. 

And talking about our young stars, I have really enjoyed the success that we have had on our Cadet, Junior, and Senior levels these past six or seven years or so, and I hope it continues, (forever). 

On 8/26/2019 at 10:36 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I know Zain is still relatively young, but if Yianni defeats him and takes the World Team spot should Zain just hang 'em up and move on with his life's work (MMA or something else)?  The reason I ask is because Yianni will have beaten Zain 4 or 5 times to Zain's 1 win over Yianni.  Yianni is younger and is clearly better at freestyle and will be at the same weight as Zain going forward.  I just don't see much of a future for Zain in freestyle if Yianni is the gatekeeper.

MMA... ahahah he will try make Olympic team in next year. Thi guy won't back down 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin