Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

McKenna bolts Columbus

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Heading to Coach Slay and the PRTC.  Interesting.  Best of luck to him.

McKenna "bolts" Columbus?  Come on. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Novak said:

Ohio State grad....just doesn't have the same panache as Stanford.  

He's going to Wharton.  You know, the #1 MBA program in the country... but please, keep telling us about panache.  

7 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

McKenna "bolts" Columbus?  Come on. 

He's going to Wharton.  You know, the #1 MBA program in the country... but please, keep telling us about panache.  

Thank you. You know for such a ****ty place as Columbus it sure took him an awful long time to "bolt". Also, when we're talking graduates, does any school sound as good as Stanford? Certainly none that have better wrestling!

Is he attending Wharton? MBA or other degree option.  I didn’t think straight to MBA without significant work experience was all that encouraged at Wharton.  But my experience is dated.

Either way, if at Wharton, a big plus.  Kudos to him.

5 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

Thank you. You know for such a ****ty place as Columbus it sure took him an awful long time to "bolt". Also, when we're talking graduates, does any school sound as good as Stanford? Certainly none that have better wrestling!

Right... and I don't mean to downplay the value of a Stanford undergraduate education.  It's as good as you'll find anywhere in the world.  I just find the lazy takes re: McKenna's education to be irritating.  The kid gets a 36 on his ACT, is damn near a 4.0 student, but we people couldn't imagine he might have had a plan when he made the move?  

2 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Right... and I don't mean to downplay the value of a Stanford undergraduate education.  It's as good as you'll find anywhere in the world.  I just find the lazy takes re: McKenna's education to be irritating.  The kid gets a 36 on his ACT, is damn near a 4.0 student, but we people couldn't imagine he might have had a plan when he made the move?  

Well come on there's nobody whoever went to Stanford and then voluntarily left who doesn't have something wrong with him. I mean it is the absolute perfect place for every human being to go to school. Obviously there's something wrong with Joey McKenna, Andrew Luck, and so on and so forth. Christ Almighty!

You know had he gone to Ohio State originally nobody would be saying one word. Maybe, just maybe, since he's smarter than probably anybody on this message board, we oughta give him the benefit of the doubt. At least I am.

17 minutes ago, nom said:

Is he attending Wharton? MBA or other degree option.  I didn’t think straight to MBA without significant work experience was all that encouraged at Wharton.  But my experience is dated.

He mentioned in a Flo interview he spent an entire summer interning at some big place in nyc a few years ago and I believe Tom Ryan mentioned him being involved with the new wrestling facility at OSU ... 

1 hour ago, nom said:

There isn't an Ivy League University that ever saw a tuition check they didn't want to cash. 

1 hour ago, nom said:

He didn’t say specifically he was attending Wharton, but he spoke a good bit about the educational opportunities being a big factor in choosing PRTC. One can assume bring a business graduate and high achiever that is what he was referring to, but it is just an assumption. 

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He mentioned in a Flo interview he spent an entire summer interning at some big place in nyc a few years ago and I believe Tom Ryan mentioned him being involved with the new wrestling facility at OSU ... 

McKenna’s dad James owns a big time construction group in NYC. Joey interned with the group that built OSU’s new facility. 

14 hours ago, nom said:

According to Ryan on twitter he'll be at Wharton, for whatever that's worth.  Undergrad -> Wharton MBA is definitely not the norm, but there are exceptions. Considering his standardized test scores, I'm sure he crushed (or will crush) the GMAT, and his particular situation as a resident athlete / Olympic hopeful would definitely be taken into account.  

Seems to me it would make more sense for him to wait for Fall 2020 to enroll, if that is indeed his plan.  

Yeah I think him going to Wharton definitely squashes the “why go from Stanford to tOSU?” questions.

With a grad degree from Wharton, no one will care where he went to undergrad (not that tOSU is a bad school anyway).