Sublime607

Question for Iowa fans.

If Iowa wins the title would it be looked at differently on Brands resume than the three he won with the double recruiting class? It's hard to hold that against him because I'm pretty sure those recruits would have gone any place he went in the first place. Still interesting that he hasn't gotten it yet after that slight advantage.

Edited by Sublime607

30 minutes ago, Sstern said:

The irony would be if Iowa wins there might be another asterisk because all Brands’ guys are wrestling while other teams have important Olympic shirts being taken.

Eh no asterisk. That’s never how it works. This isn’t like Russia sitting out the Olympics. 

3 hours ago, Sstern said:

The irony would be if Iowa wins there might be another asterisk because all Brands’ guys are wrestling while other teams have important Olympic shirts being taken.

Who is taking an O redshirt at PSU? 

If they win, they will have earned it.

Nobody will be giving the Squawkeyes a thing.

Their guys aren't stepping up at NCAA's. Not as bad as Oklahoma State in that regard but for some reason they don't seem to be all in when it really counts.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Personally the only person I think will take a ORS is Mason Manville in Greco. I think all other guys who qualify will wrestle NCAA this year.

53 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

Personally the only person I think will take a ORS is Mason Manville in Greco. I think all other guys who qualify will wrestle NCAA this year.

Hall?

I’m not suggesting it wouldn’t be earned as I think it would.  But based on what a lot of Iowa haters post, I think there might be the suggestion it’s an easier year.

I should have been more clear on my own thoughts.

5 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I would argue the dynamics at 141 alone help PSU more than all the redshirts combined would help Iowa. 

Very true. Nick Lee becomes a legit title contender instead of a ceiling of 3rd. It sounds like Hall is going too, so Penn State should be at full strength. Lewis red shirting helps them equally. Same situation with the 133 redshirts. If anything, the redshirts might allow Penn State to hold off Iowa.

6 hours ago, Idaho said:

That's exactly it...if Iowa wins it with their PA boys, the only way it is legitimate is if PSU throws their real team out there.

Sanderson was ok throwing in the towel the one year and allowing tOSU to win a title but tOSU is not a long term threat while Iowa still is.  Sanderson cannot allow Iowa to win one and if PSU takes it this year, the nail is in the coffin for TnT.

Like I said, tOSU is not a long term threat.

35 minutes ago, Boompa said:

That's exactly it...if Iowa wins it with their PA boys, the only way it is legitimate is if PSU throws their real team out there.

Sanderson was ok throwing in the towel the one year and allowing tOSU to win a title but tOSU is not a long term threat while Iowa still is.  Sanderson cannot allow Iowa to win one and if PSU takes it this year, the nail is in the coffin for TnT.

tOSU would have won the title anyway that year. Don't act like they only won because Cael let them. They would have won, Cael knew it and decided to look at the future.

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

I'd be shocked if Cael didn't consider tOSU a long-term threat. They've had some strong recruits the last couple of years and the team title race should be interesting after this year (when PSU will win it with room to spare, now that they've got Sheed & Cassar).

How many matches have to swing to make up the 41 point difference? 

Final team scores

1. Penn State 137.5

2. Ohio State 96.5

3. Oklahoma State 84

4. Iowa 76

5. Michigan 62.5

6. Missouri 62

7. Cornell 59.5

8. Minnesota 53.5

9. Rutgers 51.5

10. Nebraska 51

6 hours ago, qc8223 said:

Very true. Nick Lee becomes a legit title contender instead of a ceiling of 3rd. It sounds like Hall is going too, so Penn State should be at full strength. Lewis red shirting helps them equally. Same situation with the 133 redshirts. If anything, the redshirts might allow Penn State to hold off Iowa.

Right on.

133 redshirts help RBY

141 redshirts are Lee’s wet dream come true 

165 Lewis redshirting is a huge gift to Cenzo (to be fair, same for Marinelli)

174 Zahid moving up helps Hall avoid being another Mymar/Nato/Schlatter/et al

If Iowa wins it, it certainly will be in spite of all the above and not due to some pre-Olympic off year at PSU. 

9 hours ago, qc8223 said:

So PSU should get an asterisk next to their title... 

I'd be shocked if Cael didn't consider tOSU a long-term threat. They've had some strong recruits the last couple of years and the team title race should be interesting after this year (when PSU will win it with room to spare, now that they've got Sheed & Cassar).
I'd say the 3 B1G tournament titles are somewhat threatening.

It's one of the reasons for the new grey shirt, redshirt.policy for Carl.

It's a six year plan.

Threat Level Midnight!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

Adding Nico’s hypothetical points means subtracting whatever they scored at 125 as well. Had an AA there. 

Conway took 8th and only won 1 match topside (12-7) then had a few dec in wrestle backs and lost his medal match ...really didn’t score many points ...nico is most likely a finalist at 125 unless zeke moisley pinned him too ...penn state had NQ at 141 where Zain is most likely a finalist (against steibler) or 149 Zach Beitz went 1-2 and lost to pantelo and Zain is most likely champ here ....also they had nolf in redshirt and he only lost to green by 1 that year 

Edited by Antitroll2828