hammerlockthree

Theory: Did Gilman have a say in Lee competing?

If you are Gilman, currently the premiere resident practice partner at the HWC/Lightweight U, and you are essentially a coach for Lee, Teasdale, Desanto....its not unreasonable to think you might put down an ultimatum along the lines of, "he waits or I leave," and its not unreasonable to think this might be a pretty persuasive pitch to the coaches. 

That's just a theory, I guess I want a better explanation for Lee not competing than, "he's getting coddled." 

Much like you don’t have to work for the Pentagon to know who would win a war between the US and Puerto Rico (which would be a pseudo-civil war since residents of PR are Americans citizens) I don’t have to be a member of the Iowa coaching staff to say that this didn’t happen.

come on jimmy... it's a bad thread centered around a topic that absolutely can not be answered and only speculated upon and that speculation has been played out for months and months...

i'm sure there is a creative writing forum somewhere where you can discuss made up premises until the wee hours of the morning...

of course superman beats up batman...

2 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Much like you don’t have to work for the Pentagon to know who would win a war between the US and Puerto Rico (which would be a pseudo-civil war since residents of PR are Americans citizens) I don’t have to be a member of the Iowa coaching staff to say that this didn’t happen.

What would be "pseudo" about American citizens fighting other American citizens? 

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Well it’s happened in engagements since the Civil War and we haven’t called any of them Civil Wars.

I'll forgive you for ignoring my question and address your second statement. Your original post asked "who would win a war between the US and Puerto Rico." What are some examples of the United States government engaging in warfare with an organized territory of the US that merit the term "pseudo" civil war? I earned my BA in European history, so a refresher on 20th century American history would be much appreciated. 

19 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

I'll forgive you for ignoring my question and address your second statement. Your original post asked "who would win a war between the US and Puerto Rico." What are some examples of the United States government engaging in warfare with an organized territory of the US that merit the term "pseudo" civil war? I earned my BA in European history, so a refresher on 20th century American history would be much appreciated. 

Did you kinda study Turkey's history?

The only way I could see this happening is if Lee had more of a take it or leave it attitude towards freestyle this year.  I would imagine they would rather not upset Lee over Gilman at this point.

Unless of course to add more conspiracy theory, Tom & Terry are afraid he’s coming for the HC job in which they may not mind telling him to wait.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

The only way I could see this happening is if Lee had more of a take it or leave it attitude towards freestyle this year.  I would imagine they would rather not upset Lee over Gilman at this point.

Unless of course to add more conspiracy theory, Tom & Terry are afraid he’s coming for the HC job in which they may not mind telling him to wait.

I think we can deduce that that really isn't the case based on some of the interviews he's given.  He said recently that he "thought he was going to go wrestle at the trials... but then that didn't happen."  Which says to me that he wanted to but something impeded him.  Not necessarily T&T though.

Did anyone catch his interview with Askren--and if so, did they talk about this?

Because Ramos and Dennis were both post graduation maybe, not a situation where one is essentially expected to mentor the other. 

Eh. Lee is a lot more important to the program than any of the other three guys. Hard to see them standing in the way of the success of the face of the program's attempt to rebuild it's stature to championship team.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I think we can deduce that that really isn't the case based on some of the interviews he's given.  He said recently that he "thought he was going to go wrestle at the trials... but then that didn't happen."  Which says to me that he wanted to but something impeded him.  Not necessarily T&T though.

Did anyone catch his interview with Askren--and if so, did they talk about this?

I did see it but can’t remember the details. Couldn’t it just be that T&T urged him not to due to injury risk and the fact that they’re counting on winning it next year?

Because the thread was titled, "Theory: ...."  Isn't the onus on you to tell the readers what your, 'Theory' is, as opposed to the readers trying to guess?                                                                         You start the thread title with, "Theory" and end that same title with a question mark?  

FWIW...I would like a better explanation as well.  

13 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Because the thread was titled, "Theory: ...."  Isn't the onus on you to tell the readers what your, 'Theory' is, as opposed to the readers trying to guess?                                                                         You start the thread title with, "Theory" and end that same title with a question mark?  

FWIW...I would like a better explanation as well.  

idk what you mean, i did give a theory, are you mad i abused a question mark?