gallison

Missouri Questions??

On 8/29/2019 at 7:13 PM, SetonHallPirate said:

One never knows these days (and probably can never know with HIPAA rules), but unless he's received a waiver of some sort, given that it's Brown's second transfer, he should be required to complete a year in residence prior to competing for the Tigers.

Hopefully he will get to compete right away.

On 9/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, gallison said:

Apparently the decision Leeth will go 141 was made shortly after last season.   He's come down to 141 in a very gradual manner; not overnight.   He's surely lost some muscle but he'll still be a monster at 141 if he isn't suffering from the cut.

I hope you're right.

Tigers just picked up the #1 Recruit in Michigan in Josh Edmond.  The guy has had a lot of flashy success in freestyle, so I am thinking his style will translate well in the room, with the right coaching.

https://www.michigangrappler.com/news_article/show/1046638

Solid pickup and another reason for me to follow the Tigers.

18 minutes ago, gallison said:

Still no one that knows anything about Malik Johnson?   Is he till at Mizzou, or not?

On Mizzou's Facebook page, they've been putting photos up but none with Malik. I have a feeling he's gone.

That'd be a shame.  He was expected to have a starting role this year (subject to Connor Brown's availability).  Don't know who would have won a wrestle off.

Either way, excited to see this new Mizzou team compete.   Coach Smith continues to build champions and recruit well.

2 hours ago, gallison said:

That'd be a shame.  He was expected to have a starting role this year (subject to Connor Brown's availability).  Don't know who would have won a wrestle off.

Either way, excited to see this new Mizzou team compete.   Coach Smith continues to build champions and recruit well.

I guess that could be why he's not wrestling, since Connor is there now. Greener pastures elsewhere?

1 hour ago, flanders said:

I guess that could be why he's not wrestling, since Connor is there now. Greener pastures elsewhere?

So far though, no one has been able to confirm whether Connor is eligible to wrestle this season.  The predominant opinion is that he's required to sit out this season since this is his second transfer.

I was wondering about Connor Brown, he left at semester from Wisconsin. If he enrolled at Mizzou for 2019 spring semester. Can he wrestle the 2020 spring semester? Being that would be a year.

Seriously, I don't know how the ruling on this. If he can not.. Would this be considered his redshirt year (Since he hasn't taken one)?

Edited by killdozer

Mizzou so far in this recruiting class has the following

#5 O'Toole

#13 Elam

#46 Hawks

#71 Edmond

That is four in the Top 75. Only other teams that can make that claim are Oklahoma State (2, 11, 20, 28, plus 78), Cornell (8, 14, 33, 44, Plus 77),  Nebraska (9, 17, 26 and 57), Va Tech (15, 23, 24 and 75)

Hopefully they can get #74 Ranked (son of past Mizzou AA) Trey Crawford to join the class. 

2 hours ago, killdozer said:

Mizzou so far in this recruiting class has the following

#5 O'Toole

#13 Elam

#46 Hawks

#71 Edmond

That is four in the Top 75. Only other teams that can make that claim are Oklahoma State (2, 11, 20, 28, plus 78), Cornell (8, 14, 33, 44, Plus 77),  Nebraska (9, 17, 26 and 57), Va Tech (15, 23, 24 and 75)

Hopefully they can get #74 Ranked (son of past Mizzou AA) Trey Crawford to join the class. 

Yep, excited about the future!

20 hours ago, killdozer said:

I was wondering about Connor Brown, he left at semester from Wisconsin. If he enrolled at Mizzou for 2019 spring semester. Can he wrestle the 2020 spring semester? Being that would be a year.

Seriously, I don't know how the ruling on this. If he can not.. Would this be considered his redshirt year (Since he hasn't taken one)?

According to the Mizzou's roster, he's a redshirt sophomore. 

Here is a question as well. Does Dylan Wisman go for a medical redshirt after this year. His redshirt sophomore year (2017-2018 season) He only wrestled 6 matches at the end of the season and missed over 3 months?

1 hour ago, killdozer said:

Here is a question as well. Does Dylan Wisman go for a medical redshirt after this year. His redshirt sophomore year (2017-2018 season) He only wrestled 6 matches at the end of the season and missed over 3 months?

I don't know the answer but that would be great if he got another year.

Mizzou Wrestling Update - Taken from Mizzou Take down Club Email

Pre-season is rolling and we are training with a purpose.  Strength Coach, Mike Larson, has the team improving each week.  We are getting runs and stadiums in as well as technique practices.  The Black and Gold meet is October 19th and our first competition with Virginia Tech is November 2nd. The team knows this hard work is preparing them for another great season!

DEPTH CHART

125     Sophomore Dack Punke: Qualified for NCAA’s last season

Freshmen Cevion Severado and Noah Surtin: add to a weight that has great depth

133   Sophomore Allan Hart: Solid season last year backing up John Erneste and looks to make big things happen this season. 

Others at the weight are Cameron Valdiviez and Weston Diblasi.

141   Junior Grant Leeth: Dropping down to compete at 141

Senior Alex Butler:  Also dropping down from 149

149   Sophomore Brock Mauller: Outstanding freshmen season earning NCAA All-American status

157   Sophomore Jarrett Jacques: Worked extremely hard to put himself on the podium this year

Senior Phyllip Deloach

165   Freshmen Peyton Mocco and Senior Luke Fortuna: Battling for the spot.  Both had solid seasons last year and are capable of big things.

174   Senior Connor Flynn: Moving up a weight and has high expectations for this season with a leadership position

Freshmen Jeremiah Kent: Continues to improve and impress the coaches in the room everyday.

184   Dylan Wisman and Canten Marriott: Both NCAA Qualifiers and are very good, we just need to keep them healthy.

197   Junior Wyatt Koelling:  Returns to make a big impact this year.  He had a very good season last year, but missing out on the NCAA’s has added some motivation to his off season workouts. 

Jack Flynn: Also at the weight.

285   Zach Elam: NCAA Qualifier returns but he may redshirt

Senior Austin Myers: Stepping in if Elam redshirts.

1 hour ago, mlbruem said:

Mizzou Wrestling Update - Taken from Mizzou Take down Club Email

Pre-season is rolling and we are training with a purpose.  Strength Coach, Mike Larson, has the team improving each week.  We are getting runs and stadiums in as well as technique practices.  The Black and Gold meet is October 19th and our first competition with Virginia Tech is November 2nd. The team knows this hard work is preparing them for another great season!

DEPTH CHART

125     Sophomore Dack Punke: Qualified for NCAA’s last season

Freshmen Cevion Severado and Noah Surtin: add to a weight that has great depth

133   Sophomore Allan Hart: Solid season last year backing up John Erneste and looks to make big things happen this season. 

Others at the weight are Cameron Valdiviez and Weston Diblasi.

141   Junior Grant Leeth: Dropping down to compete at 141

Senior Alex Butler:  Also dropping down from 149

149   Sophomore Brock Mauller: Outstanding freshmen season earning NCAA All-American status

157   Sophomore Jarrett Jacques: Worked extremely hard to put himself on the podium this year

Senior Phyllip Deloach

165   Freshmen Peyton Mocco and Senior Luke Fortuna: Battling for the spot.  Both had solid seasons last year and are capable of big things.

174   Senior Connor Flynn: Moving up a weight and has high expectations for this season with a leadership position

Freshmen Jeremiah Kent: Continues to improve and impress the coaches in the room everyday.

184   Dylan Wisman and Canten Marriott: Both NCAA Qualifiers and are very good, we just need to keep them healthy.

197   Junior Wyatt Koelling:  Returns to make a big impact this year.  He had a very good season last year, but missing out on the NCAA’s has added some motivation to his off season workouts. 

Jack Flynn: Also at the weight.

285   Zach Elam: NCAA Qualifier returns but he may redshirt

Senior Austin Myers: Stepping in if Elam redshirts.

No mention of Brown. He must not be eligible until 2nd semester?

On 8/30/2019 at 8:54 AM, Broomstick said:

One of the most interesting things I see on MO's roster: Dack Punke (125lbs) and Jace Punke (285lbs), both from the same high school.  Are these guys brothers?  If so, I don't think I have ever seen that big of a weight disparity between two brothers at the college level.  I guess they don't roll around together too much back home!

Sounds like the mailman was involved here.