NJDan

Is Nahshon coming home?

Flo is showing Yianni working out with Nahshon Garrett: 

What's up with that? Is Garrett coming home to Ithaca, where he can train with Yianni, Tucker and  Vito? Did Koll fly him in to help Yianni train for Zain?

25 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

i feel like big things for nahshon. he's working on the details now. That kind of athletic ability with a yanni mindset to detail ? scary 

i'll take nashon for the olympic spot. 

I’ll take Fix. Has Garret done anything on the international order at 55 kg? 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

Haha, yes of course. I’m still dating things 2016 too..Hopefully not a result of too many years of wrestling. 

Except 2016 was 57kg too-How old are you!?!

Nahshon looks so big for 57...Watching him and Yianni wrestle really emphasizes how big a frame Nahshon has. 

He is maybe half an inch shorter than McDonough, who is the second tallest 125 lber I've ever seen (Nick Simmons is the same height), and Nahshon is more well-muscled. Jack Spates at 118 was the tallest at a comparable weight. Nahshon is an absolute monster at 57 kg. Now that he's back at Cornell, he's my pick to be our Olympic rep. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

9 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

If you're picking Nahshon, you're not doing it based on his freestyle resume. He hasn't done much (did make the world team last year before injury). It's all about his potential within the best environment for him.

He used to have a habit of reverting back to folkstyle hope he has that corrected.

23 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

If you're picking Nahshon, you're not doing it based on his freestyle resume. He hasn't done much (did make the world team last year before injury). It's all about his potential within the best environment for him.

Very few wrestlers make such a huge jump in skill at 26. Jamill Kelly is the only one that I can recall doing so, and his story is notable because of how unlikely it was. At this point, Fix is on an exponential trajectory and Gilman is still very seasoned/ tough. Cornell has two potential olympians in Dake/Yianni, but it’s not as if that environment has some extraordinary track record of developing world class wrestlers from elite wrestlers (by extraordinary I mean better than the other top RTCs). 

That’s all true but it’s also true that Garrett has been injured a big chunk of the time and has not really had an opportunity to get the 4 years or so of free time experience he would’ve had as a healthy guy. Colon earned a medal as his backup. It’s not completely off the reservation to think Garrett might have had similar success too, and then, what I wrote might not seem so crazy to you. 

For sure, Garrett is admittedly not the obvious pick. He’s just my pick. I think he has similar upside to Fix et al despite being a few years older.