DFino

Can someone explain Mark Schultz doing some Jadiding in '88?

This is indeed what he wrote in his book.  Prior to that, I had heard he was injured in an early match but was able to keep winning until he got to the semis.  That match was on Facebook at one point and I watched it.   To me,  it looked like Mark couldn't push off of one leg, so the injury explanation made sense.  The match was recreated in the movie Foxcatcher, I believe with Mustafar Abdurakmanov portraying the wrestler from Turkey.  The match in the movie just showed some quick footage, but it looked like the actual match, with the Turkish wrestler exposing Mark back and forth.  

20 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Mark Schultz is completely nuts btw.....

That's putting it mildly. I've been following him on Twitter for quite some time for amusement purposes. It's a combo of hysterical and terrifying. Just wait until he starts talking about Korean boy bands. 

28 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Not to compare myself athletically at all but I've had games where I couldn't remember running or scoring and did a lot of both. It's called being in the zone. Adrenaline will do that.

So will CTE

1 hour ago, PSUMike said:

That's putting it mildly. I've been following him on Twitter for quite some time for amusement purposes. It's a combo of hysterical and terrifying. Just wait until he starts talking about Korean boy bands. 

Maybe he should run for president.  

5 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

This. I’m going through some early on-set dementia from all the concussions I had in football and wrestling. Working with a neurologist in Baltimore who specializes in CTE at Hopkins.

God bless and good luck. Sending thoughts and prayers up your way for you to get effective treatment. 

17 hours ago, MDogg said:

God bless and good luck. Sending thoughts and prayers up your way for you to get effective treatment. 

Thanks man! With the NFL money there are a lot more options now for treatment. Luckily my insurance is covering my current treatments.