Billyhoyle

Yianni Zain Prediction Thread

Yianni Zain Prediction Thread  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who makes the world team?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2019 at 07:00 PM

I know mathematically the chances of Yianni winning back to back is slim, but I think when you factor in their latest match both skill for skill and psychologically, plus the Zain injury,  plus Yianni being younger and adapting faster, I think Yianni takes it. 

Yianni also never loses in the finals. His loss  at junior trials was in the semis. He was 1-1 (based on what he thought) vs Zain. He rises to the occasion. 

Yianni takes it 

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I know mathematically the chances of Yianni winning back to back is slim, but ...

Didn't he already win 'back to back?'  Question is can he win 'four in a row?'  ;)

Yanni for the win. This prediction is based on a thoroughly scientific analysis.  The methodology is based on the "because I said so" principle.  It has work for me in the past and will work again. Unless, of course, I am wrong.

Rooting for Yianni but just don't know.  Zain is awesome.  Yianni is awesome.

But, if Yianni loses ... I'll go ahead and preemptively blame all the media Yianni and the Cornell camp has done.  Had flo in there in final days.  Right thing to do?  

Seems like Cornell/Yianni does 10X+ what PSU does from a media discussion and openness perspective.  Really appreciate it as a fan ...  but is it a distraction?

1 minute ago, rocklobsta said:

Based on Flo's coverage, I'm not sure why Zain is even bothering to show up.  Yianni's opponent is still Zain, right?

I don't know but my guess is that Zain and team are in blackout mode.  No interest in talking to Flo.  Yianni and team have given tremendous access.  Flo is taking what they can get.  I'd be shocked if they weren't asking for Zain camp's help in hyping this up.

Just now, nom said:

I don't know but my guess is that Zain and team are in blackout mode.  No interest in talking to Flo.  Yianni and team have given tremendous access.  Flo is taking what they can get.  I'd be shocked if they weren't asking for Zain camp's help in hyping this up.

Again, I'm nowhere near behind the scenes on this but I would agree here.

Seems like Yianni enjoys the interviews. I don't see a problem with it and as a fan I love it.

Also, have no problem with Zain and his camp staying silent and doing it their way. Good luck to both studs!

42 minutes ago, nom said:

But, if Yianni loses ... I'll go ahead and preemptively blame all the media Yianni and the Cornell camp has done.  Had flo in there in final days.  Right thing to do?  

Kaboom!

5 hours ago, USMC5702 said:

Yanni for the win. This prediction is based on a thoroughly scientific analysis.  The methodology is based on the "because I said so" principle.  It has work for me in the past and will work again. Unless, of course, I am wrong.

I am not sure how it happened, but clearly I misspelled Rutherford.  I knew my method worked.

Edited by USMC5702
misspelling