nom

Zain / Yianni - Final X part 2 - match thread

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Zain didn’t do much. Rooting for him but come on. He constantly deliberately stale mated

Agreed. He shouldn't get the spot since all he did was try to win. He should have let Yianni score, it would have been more sporting of him.

(What the hell does Zain have to do to deserve the spot? Rip his arm off??)

I don't know if the rules have changed (probably have), but when i was younger I always baited guys by giving up the crotchlift then as they committed to the move, I would cross pick the far knee and shift my weight across them, exposing their back and pick up 2.  This is pretty much what Yanni did, though 
Zain was able to follow up with an exposure of his own.  Why didn't Yanni get 2 there?

Just now, nom said:

Ahhh, nothing like winning with style and grace.  TBar representing Penn State and their fans well.

SZorry your feelings are hurt. Actually, not sorry. Not after all the grief you handed out this summer. Zain won, live with it. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

This. Zain was for sure the aggressor. And Yianni didn't create anything. 90% of what he does at this level is counter. Zain and NLWC have him figured out. 

Take off your Penn State glasses. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

SZorry your feelings are hurt. Actually, not sorry. Not after all the grief you handed out this summer. Zain won, live with it. 

Feelings hurt?  No.  Grief I handed out?  Huh?  You are projecting.  Zain seems like a great guy.  Wish he had better representation on this board.

1 minute ago, RED said:

I don't know if the rules have changed (probably have), but when i was younger I always baited guys by giving up the crotchlift then as they committed to the move, I would cross pick the far knee and shift my weight across them, exposing their back and pick up 2.  This is pretty much what Yanni did, though 
Zain was able to follow up with an exposure of his own.  Why didn't Yanni get 2 there?

Because it was Zains action that created the score 

4 minutes ago, airmail said:

Welp.  Was hoping for a 2nd match for my own entertainment this Labor Day.  Hoping Retherford gets it done at Worlds. Kind of a 'richard' move leaving Yanni hanging on the handshake at the end tho...

I don't think Zain did it on purpose......he was just "geeked".

Yanni seems like a great kid, too bad his interview made it seem like the only reason Zain has beaten him is because he wrestled sloppy

Great to see Zain win this rivalry will only make both of them better. Zain did great job not attacking as much as he has done in the past.  

Close match both great wrestlers 

5 minutes ago, RED said:

Because Zain's back never exposed. Go watch the replay. 

5 minutes ago, nom said:

Feelings hurt?  No.  Grief I handed out?  Huh?  You are projecting.  Zain seems like a great guy.  Wish he had better representation on this board.

You wish Zain had better representation on a message board?  What a weird thing to say.

yianni needed to do more than try for the single leg. a lot of outside shots, not as creative as he usually is. Zain also did a great job of keeping yianni from scoring from a sprawl. not sure about the scoring on Zain's 2 - will have to watch again - but the white paddle on yianni on the shot that would have made it 3-2 was right Zain held the left leg with an eye fixed on the right leg ready to switch for the stalemate if yianni peeled his fingers off and it worked. 

both guys took a lot of shots. nobody was dominating offensively. Zain mostly sat on a lead at the end but that's the right approach so no complaints. 

can't say I mind Zain taking a second for himself before the handshake either. congrats to him. don't blow it in Kazakhstan. 

1 minute ago, nom said:

Yea, Yianni put out hand, Zain was reacting to the moment with pure joy and excitement .. pausing to shake was not the natural thing to do.  Makes sense to show some joy first..  He was going to come back to it.  

That moment (appearing to ignore Yianni's hand) didn't look great for Zain, but I will give Zain the benefit of the doubt on this. I was pulling for Yianni, but on this front, everyone I know that has had encounters with Zain say he is an A-plus guy. Let's hope he didn't see Yianni's hand there, or if he did, perhaps he can be forgiven a moment like that given all of the turmoil in Yianni/Zain's 2019 series.

5 minutes ago, nom said:

I wish Yianni the same. 

If you can't see that your side handed out a load of grief all the way thru this on what really amounted to opinions then your are purposely blind. 

Zain beat Yianni every single time it mattered. Fact!

Now I know you are a douche.  Zain was clearly exposed, but I do understand it was his action that created the scoring.   And I realize that Zain won, fair and square, which makes it so much easier to refer to you as a douche.