1 minute ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It doesn’t matter who you would take against the field, Yianni won’t get the chance to prove for the next few years. 

We will see in 2020. For now I will root for Zain while he goes 0-1 at worlds. 

16 minutes ago, tbert said:

Yanni had very little for Zain, almost nothing.

a bit like tbert on the forums?

It's not as if Zain had much either, but he won the match fairly.  I'm not sure why Yianni kept trying to go behind after sitting the corner, without even really trying to roll him through with the crotch lock.

Yeah, Zain was flattening his hips, but Yianni had pretty good leverage, and when Zain had Yianni's lower leg behind his head, there was no way Yianni was getting behind him.

1 minute ago, OBXWrestler said:

We will see in 2020. For now I will root for Zain while he goes 0-1 at worlds. 

Don't root too hard then since you know he isn't beating anyone. Remember, though, you didn't think he could beat Yianni either. 

2 minutes ago, nom said:

Zain is a medal threat.  He won't go 0-1.  Kid is a gamer.

Being a gamer, whatever that actually means, isn't really enough, but Zain's a medal threat.

He could also go 0-1 just as easily.

Honestly, I doubt Zain medals without a great draw, and I doubt Yianni would have either.

By 2020, however, I won't be surprised if Yianni's significantly improved.  Perhaps Zain will be as well.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Unbearable, I tell ya.

"Yianni had nothing for Zain".  It was 2-1, and Penn State fans are crowing like Zain teched him.  They can't just enjoy the well-earned win, they literally have to fabricate attacks against the opponent's ability.

75% of the board was picking Yianni, I guess in the boards eyes this was a huge upset. 

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Don't root too hard then since you know he isn't beating anyone. Remember, though, you didn't think he could beat Yianni either. 

Just because I thought Yianni would win doesn’t mean I didn’t think Zain could. 

I am just being honest in my assessment of Zain at the international level. He doesn’t have very many ways to score. He is similar to Metcalf. 

What I saw in Zain today was some additional great adjustments.  He and his team have been training him so well.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.  Some are worried about this being close to worlds, I'm thinking this was some extra motivation to get better leading into worlds.  I think he will do really well.