nom

Rules of exposure - Yianni / Zain

About 1:45 into first period in the Zain Yianni Sept 2nd match, Yianni goes in for low single.  Zain gets a crotch lock.  Yianni has Zain's right foot and ankle outstretched.  He hooks Zain''s other leg with his own leg.  He is driving into Zain.  Zain has a crotch lock and is pulling on Yianni.  They roll to Zain's back as Yianni is hoisting Zain's leg up.  Yianni keeps foot hooked on Zain's leg (it is not outstretched as if counter balancing a roll).  After Zain goes to full back, Yianni exposes a bit.

2 for Zain. 

Cornell side does not throw brick.

I get how Zain was trying to pull Yianni over but Yianni was trying to put Zain to his back.  He he was by far the most successful in putting Zain to his back.  Zain goes full blades down.  

How is that not 2 for Yianni?

No, I expressly said Cornell didn't throw brick.  Relax and get a bit more self confidence,  no need to get triggered every single time.  I'm trying to learn.  

Even CP yells out 'whose points? Two red!'

This is tough position, trying to learn.

Nom, I had the same question.  I thought Yanni had 2 - it took a while for Zain to pull him through to get the exposure.  I was very surprised not to see the brick.  Not complaining about the outcome.  In these matches, you can't look to be winning by a point or two.  On the other thread, someone said Zain started the scoring action, which I didn't question.  Now that I think about it, didn't Yanni start the action having taken the shot?? 

Ignore the clown - and I am using the singular.  There is no way there are two idiots on this level in the world.....

3 minutes ago, RED said:

Nom, I had the same question.  I thought Yanni had 2 - it took a while for Zain to pull him through to get the exposure.  I was very surprised not to see the brick.  Not complaining about the outcome.  In these matches, you can't look to be winning by a point or two.  On the other thread, someone said Zain started the scoring action, which I didn't question.  Now that I think about it, didn't Yanni start the action having taken the shot?? 

Ignore the clown - and I am using the singular.  There is no way there are two idiots on this level in the world.....

Your final comment is why you get sh!! thrown back at you today. You can't just throw that crap out there and not expect people to throw it back at you. 

43 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

And so it begins. The relitigation of yet another of Zain's wins over Yianni. 

Dude, match #2 process is indeed screwy. Don't act as if Team Yianni out of line to litigate that one. Not only did Team Yianni prevail in arbitration but they prevailed against USAW nonsense 'finality clause' assertion. You made great posts in the threads discussing arbitration. C'mon, man.

Edited by jon

Just now, IronChef said:

Yianni took the shot, but the scoring "action" was initiated pretty clearly by Zain. This is not a controversial call, as evidenced by the confirmed points and lack of challenge.

I haven't watched it again but at the time I thought it was all Yianni....though I am starting to doubt myself cause all i've seen is Yianni everytime they wrestle.

13 minutes ago, jon said:

Dude, match #2 process is indeed screwy. Don't act as if Team Yianni out of line to litigate that one. Not only did Team Yianni prevail in arbitration but they prevailed against USAW nonsense 'finality clause' assertion. You made great posts in the threads discussing arbitration. C'mon, man.

jon, all I got was crap for those posts all summer. People call me and a few others pretty much every disparaging thing they could think of, and they repeatedly said Zain wasn't as good as Yianni. Excuse me for pushing back on that today. 

Edited by TBar1977

I just rewatched that exchange and have to admit that I could see that call going either way. Yianni’s back was exposed momentarily because of Zain’s crotch lift, but in my opinion, Yianni was more in control of the whole exchange and even held zain on his back for a decent amount of time by hoisting up his foot. 

1 minute ago, CMickey92 said:

I just rewatched that exchange and have to admit that I could see that call going either way. Yianni’s back was exposed momentarily because of Zain’s crotch lift, but in my opinion, Yianni was more in control of the whole exchange and even held zain on his back for a decent amount of time by hoisting up his foot. 

Isn't it more than just a little ironic that Zain's win comes on a crotch lift? Especially after how the last Final; X match played out. If we had a poll as to which wrestler would win on a crotch lift before the match, it would have been 99 percent saying it would be Yianni. 

I haven't seen the match yet, but the offensive wrestler has to score cleanly or the points will often go to the defensive wrestler. If the defensive wrestler is able to stop the initial shot or change their direction, they will almost always get the points. The real irony is that this is the exact kind of position Tbar was complaining about in another thread because he doesn't understand freestyle. He didn't seem to think Yianni actual earned all the points he has scored off of counters. Congrats to Zain. Hope he brings it to worlds. It'd be great to actually bring something home at this weight for once.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

watching it live, i felt zain was the easy call...

just got back home and rewatched it...

still zain is the easy call... 

anyone looking for shanigans is just trying to make it more complicated...

zain stops the shot... flattens him out... then crotch lifts him... no way yannis can build u0 from that position whitout zain bringing him over as eveidenced by that entire match of zain stuffing every crappy shop by yanni...

this stuff isn't hard...

BTW, yanni should have let go of the leg once zain got his hands locked around the crotch and started to lift...

but, whatever...

I watched and rewatched the entire sequence. When Yianni is flat on his belly, Zain has the crotch lock and begins the move by pushing his foot against the mat, it seems like he lifted Yanni's hip because Yianni gets to his knees at the exact same time. Zain pushes again and Yianni does the same, both expose. Who did start the move? It seems Zain started it. Extremelly hard call, but I have no problem being scored to Zain.

2 hours ago, nom said:

About 1:45 into first period in the Zain Yianni Sept 2nd match, Yianni goes in for low single.  Zain gets a crotch lock.  Yianni has Zain's right foot and ankle outstretched.  He hooks Zain''s other leg with his own leg.  He is driving into Zain.  Zain has a crotch lock and is pulling on Yianni.  They roll to Zain's back as Yianni is hoisting Zain's leg up.  Yianni keeps foot hooked on Zain's leg (it is not outstretched as if counter balancing a roll).  After Zain goes to full back, Yianni exposes a bit.

2 for Zain. 

Cornell side does not throw brick.

I get how Zain was trying to pull Yianni over but Yianni was trying to put Zain to his back.  He he was by far the most successful in putting Zain to his back.  Zain goes full blades down.  

How is that not 2 for Yianni?

I think Cornell should definitely sue.  

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

I haven't seen the match yet, but the offensive wrestler has to score cleanly or the points will often go to the defensive wrestler. If the defensive wrestler is able to stop the initial shot or change their direction, they will almost always get the points. The real irony is that this is the exact kind of position Tbar was complaining about in another thread because he doesn't understand freestyle. He didn't seem to think Yianni actual earned all the points he has scored off of counters. Congrats to Zain. Hope he brings it to worlds. It'd be great to actually bring something home at this weight for once.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is funny is that the two sides are now switching to the other side of the same argument. 

In the last match I thought Zain initiated and should have been awarded the points. Others obviously disagreed.

In this match today the two are on the other end of things. Yianni shoots, but Zain sits the corner this time. Zain stuffs the Yianni shot and there is a clear couple of seconds where Yianni is bellied out. Zain gets the crotch lift and its again his move, and that is how they scored it. Zain's move led to Zain getting exposure on Yianni. 2 pts for Zain. Very easy call to make. 

Yianni ended up in a weird backwards ankle lace situation he might have been able to turn into exposure, but he never developed it. 

Edited by TBar1977

ok, thanks for the adults that responded.   I clearly saw the crotch lock.  I saw both trying to do the same thing by getting the roll to go in that direction.  Yianni was clearly trying to expose Zain by rolling him to his back from his seated position with the lift of the right ankle and the hooking of the other foot.   Zain clearly trying to expose Yianni with the crotch lock.  Crotch lock wins.  I plan to watch this more closely in the future.