Sign in to follow this  
mspart

Yianni U23?

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Sure, but that's not his fault.  He was following the process set by USA wrestling, right?  

It’s not his fault he decided to protest and missed the deadline? He could’ve did exactly what Bo did after the final x lose but he chose to go the legal route and rewrestle

While none of us know where Yianni is "at" right now, Even if it wasn't too late and he chose not to, I don't see how that could be a bad idea.  He's been wrestling alot and gained a wealth of international experience, as well as other learning experiences, just since the NCAA season ended.  I don't think taking a break and resetting for 2020 would be a bad thing.  Sometimes a break is better for you long term than to keep going...

Edited by Lurker

On 9/4/2019 at 8:34 AM, treep2000 said:

Sure, but that's not his fault.  He was following the process set by USA wrestling, right?  

Yes and part of the process is to let USA Wrestling know by June 22nd that you would like a special wrestle off. Since we have heard nothing to that effect I am assuming that he did not request a wrestle off.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, Lurker said:

While none of us know where Yianni is "at" right now, Even if it wasn't too late and he chose not to, I don't see how that could be a bad idea.  He's been wrestling alot and gained a wealth of international experience, as well as other learning experiences, just since the NCAA season ended.  I don't think taking a break and resetting for 2020 would be a bad thing.  Sometimes a break is better for you long term than to keep going...

Yianni himself said on Monday that he was probably going to take a break...until Tuesday.  He also talks about focusing on the OTT, so any thought of doing U23 is out of the question (even if he could get the spot on the team).

Yianni is a world-class senior freestyle wrestler.  He's done with Cadets, Juniors, or U23, I would think.