Sign in to follow this  
smn23

Dieringer signs with German Club KSV Ispringen - DRL (German Wrestling League)

KSV Ispringen announced the 2019/2020 Roster! Gwiazdowski (again) and Dieringer are on the team.

Don´t know if possible in the US, but here you can watch the fights live (when the Season starts)

https://sportdeutschland.tv/ringen

https://www.ringerliga.de/2019/09/03/kader-deutsche-ringerliga-saison-2019-20/

KSV Ispringen

Amoyan Malkhas                             22.01.1999         ARM/N                                                                72gr

Aslanyan Karen                                22.07.1995         ARM/N                                                                67gr

Chakaev Akhmed                            21.03.1987         RUS/N                                                                 72fr

Dieringer Alexander                      06.06.1993         USA/N                                                                 87fr

Dzhaparov Darsam                         21.03.1988         RUS/N                                                                 77fr

Gwiazdowski Nickolas                   30.12.1992         USA/N                                                                 130fr

Harutyunyan Arsen                        22.11.1999         ARM/N                                                                60/63fr

Kasumov Israil                                  02.06.1990         RUS/N                                                                 77fr

Khinchegashvili Vladimer             27.01.1991         GEO/N                                                                 67fr

Kobliashvili Roberti                         06.12.1993         GEO/N                                                                 87gr

Korpasi Balint                                    30.03.1987         UNG/EU                                                             77gr

Lam Balint                                          14.05.1992         UNG/EU                                                             130gr

Lörincz Viktor                                    28.04.1990         UNG/EU                                                             87gr

Milov Kiril Milenov                          27.01.1997         BUL/EU                                                               97gr

Minkailov Zelimkhan                      07.07.1993         RUS/N                                                                 87fr

Mnatsakanian Aik                           14.10.1995         BUL/EU                                                               77gr

Nadareishvili Revazi                       22.07.1991         GEO/N                                                                 97gr

Odikadze Elizbar                              14.06.1989         GEO/N                                                                 97fr

Pataridze Zviadi                               22.03.1997         GEO/N                                                                 130gr

Rasuev Tamerlan                             04.06.1989         RUS/N                                                                 130fr

Tsikhayeu Rasul                               16.03.1991         BLR/N                                                                  87fr

Tsurtsumia Nugzari                         25.02.1997         GEO/N                                                                60/63gr

Fallacara Ibrahim                             03.05.1992         GER/D                                                                 60/63gr

Yeter Yasin Mohamed                   20.04.1995         GER/D                                                                 67/72gr

Usually the videos are also on YouTube after a few days. I saw the Line-up of Ispringen yesterday, I hope dieringer and gwiz get well paid. 

Edit : I also plan to attend a few of the matches and maybe get the chance to talk to both of them, usually it's possible to talk to the athletes before or after the matches but the Russians don't speak English very well

Edited by Graverobber

I too think it is awesome those guys are doing the league.  It is only gonna help them down the road and if they get paid a little more that's even better.  

I wonder if Gwiz will make a move to OSU? Especially if Cassar is gonna try for the Olympic year. Gwiz trains there at PSU some if I remember right, but you would think it may be a conflict come next year. 

I imagine Gwiz, Gable, and Cassar will be the front runners.  Hopefully with Gwiz waiting in the best of 3 finals. Meaning he brings home another world medal. 

12 hours ago, Graverobber said:

I can explain it to you if the article wasn't enough 

If you don't mind, that'd be great!  The article didn't go into any detail regarding the number of teams, matches, rules, etc., and my curiosity is definitely piqued.

I had no idea any sort of professional freestyle/greco league existed anywhere, not least Deutschland.

14 minutes ago, whaletail said:

If you don't mind, that'd be great!  The article didn't go into any detail regarding the number of teams, matches, rules, etc., and my curiosity is definitely piqued.

I had no idea any sort of professional freestyle/greco league existed anywhere, not least Deutschland.

Well, to understand the DRL you need to understand the system of wrestling leagues in Germany at first and the argument of the German federation and the DRL. 

In Germany we got in each State a few regional federations and all of them organize 3-4 leagues with one league for the whole state. For example, I live in Baden-Württemberg and we got Federations of Württemberg, Süd Baden, North Baden and ARGE Bodensee/Schwarzwald, in all of this Federations we got like 4 leagues with different level, you as a team start in the lowest league and if you win the league you move on to the next. Each league contains 6-10 Teams and they compete from September to Christmas twice against each other, one time in your hometown and the other time at their town. A win gains 2 Point, draw gains 1 point and a lose 0 points. When you and, you're team win all state leagues and move on to the Bundesliga, we got 3 Bundesligen, South, North and Middle with 8 teams. The best 8 Teams of the 3 leagues compete from January to February in playoffs against each other. 

These leagues are labeled as "amateur leagues" because wrestling is a amateur sport. A few years ago, I think about 20 years or more, the DRB (Federation) decided to allow 2 Foreigners in the lower teams and 4 foreigners in the Bundesliga. Each Team contains 10 Wrestler in the following Classes 57kg, 61kg, 66kg, 71kg, 75kg twice, 80kg, 86kg, 97kg and 130kg, five matches freestyle and 5 matches greco, they shift in the second half of the season. Usually in the fourth or fifth league it's common to "buy" two foreigners from Romania, Bulgaria, Polen or any other country with relatively near distance to Germany, the foreigner wrestler usually stay for the season in Germany or drive each other week for 6 minutes of wrestling to Germany, they get paid 100-300€ per fight and are expected to win every fight. Last year my old team in 3th league hired the 97kg bronce medal winner of U23 Worlds of 2017 and it was a good thing for him, because he earned money and competed 16 times against opponents of various skill levels, I think he lost one or two fights, just to understand the level of the leagues. 

Every wrestler can earn 4 Points for his team in each match. The way for earning the points are

Win with 1-3 Points difference = 1 Point for Team

Win with 4-8 Points difference = 2 Points for Team. 

Win with 8-14 Points difference = 3 Points for Team 

Win with 15 Points or more difference = 4 Points for Team

Pin = 4 Points for Team 

In the lower leagues usually U23 or junior members of foreigner nationalteams get hired, but in the highest league often times worldchamps or medalwinners of worlds or Europeans get hired, for example Magumedmurat Gadzhiev, Cengizhan Erdogan, Balint Korpasi and many more.

A few years ago a ceo and millionar of a big company in Germany needed a new hobby and decided to sponsor a small wrestling club in his hometown of Ispringen, he bought some foreigners, some German wrestlers and Ispringen worked his way up in the leagues and finally arrived in the DRB Bundesliga. He payed the foreigners and Germans very well, hired professional coaches and everything. He also tried to change the Bundesliga because we had 5 Teams with money up to 400k € each year just for the wrestlers and teams with less money and because of the high maintenance costs(for each foreigner wrestler the uww wants 500-1500€ just to allow them to transfer/wrestle and the state federation often times also wants money to let them go each week to compete) of the teams the Bundesliga got smaller and smaller and contained just 12 teams at the end. He decided to fund his own league and of the 12 teams just 4 joined them, Ispringen, Weingarten, Nendingen and Schifferstadt, later Eisleben and the Belgium based Team Eupen joined the League. Of course the German federation wasn't a fan of this because they lost a ton of money from the fees the 5 teams usually would pay and forbid every German wrestler to compete in the DRL otherwise they will get kicked out of the nationalteam. So the DRL decided to pronounce their league as a professional league to fight in court to allow the German wrestlers to compete in the DRL, the federation lost the battle in court and has to allow German wrestlers to compete in DRL but they told every German, if they compete in the DRL they will not be considered for the international Competitions and now only the third or fourth guy signs with DRL Clubs or older guys who wants to earn a bit of money and are totally fine with not competing internationally anymore. The DRL pays approximately 1000€ or more for each fight for a German guy, so it's not a bad thing for them. But because of the ban of German wrestlers the teams decided the rules in the DRL are, 10 Wrestlers for each fight, 6 Athletes from European countries are allowed and 4 guys from non European countries, such the US or Russia are allowed. The teams in total contain 24 Wrestlers. 

I hope it's not to long to read and you understand everything, if not just ask, I wi try to explain everything. 

Also the DRL is in an argument with the UWW, because UWW just accepts the league of the German federation and the DRL refuse to pay the same fees like the DRB league, but the argument got settled in court and no foreign wrestler is expected to get sanctioned because of his participation. 

Edited by Graverobber
Forgot something

2 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Thanks Graverobber.

This sounds like it works much like the Bundesliga Soccer Association?  Is that a fair statement the way the teams are relegated and/or promoted?

Yes, on a lot smaller scale obviously, an average Bundesliga match will be attended by like 600-1500 visitors, depending on the team, location and everything. Playoff finals can be up to 6000 visitors.

12 hours ago, Graverobber said:

From your earlier post, it seems like the DRL teams actually use lower level German wrestlers (who wouldn't be able to make the national/world team anyway), but higher level foreign wrestlers.  Is that correct?

And if I read it right, there are only 4 DRL teams across all of Germany?  Or just in Baden-Wurttemberg?  Whereas the original amateur leagues sill have many teams within each region?

Finally, do those wrestlers - all foreign, I guess - of Ringer or Gwiz' level get paid a decent salary (~100,000+ euros per annum), or only around 1K euros per match?

1 hour ago, whaletail said:

From your earlier post, it seems like the DRL teams actually use lower level German wrestlers (who wouldn't be able to make the national/world team anyway), but higher level foreign wrestlers.  Is that correct?

And if I read it right, there are only 4 DRL teams across all of Germany?  Or just in Baden-Wurttemberg?  Whereas the original amateur leagues sill have many teams within each region?

Finally, do those wrestlers - all foreign, I guess - of Ringer or Gwiz' level get paid a decent salary (~100,000+ euros per annum), or only around 1K euros per match?

It is correct, at the moment only lower lvl German wrestlers compete in the DRL, it's to high of a risk to compete in the DRL if you still want to be considered for worlds or Europeans. In Germany the Coaches pick the Nationalteam and since the federation and the DRL are not in good terms they could end up losing their position in the team. For example, a few Germans signing with the DRL : Mohammed Yeter got kicked out a few years ago of the nationalteam because of weight issues. Ibrahim Fallacara ended his international career a few years ago and just wants to wrestle in the league.

The DRL and the amateur league uses high lvl foreigners, in the first season of the DRL Schifferstadt hired most of the U23 Team of Georgia because the Coach and Manager in Schifferstadt knew the U23 Coach of Georgia. 

Currently the DRL league contains 6 Teams (5 German and 1 Belgium) and it's suggested and there are rumors about the DRL clubs wanting to get back under the roof of federation. Also it's unlikely that new clubs will enlist in the DRL because often times a club in the highest league got more than one team in the amateur leagues and it could hurt the career of all wrestlers, nobody wants to risk the career of the wrestling offspring. Also it might be bad for the club as well to join the DRL, because the majority of visitors are regional wrestling fans and a big minus is, the attending folks often times can't interact with the foreigners like they can interact with German wrestlers due to language barrier. 

Hmm! About the payroll I can't say anything, mostly because I don't know it. The budget of Ispringen under the Federation was approximately 400k euro just for the wrestlers and what I heard a few years ago was Soner Demirtas (Bronze Olympics 2016 74kg freestyle) earned round about 25k during the season, flights and everything got obviously paid. I think Gwiz and Dieringer will have 3-4 Fights, because it would be too expensive to let them stay in Germany for the whole season and it's nuts to fly every week from the US to Germany for 6 minutes of wrestling so I suggest they will cash in 8-12k in total. 

Edit Also it should be noted, in Eastern Europe a payroll of 8-12k is much more than 8-12k in the US due to living costs 

Edited by Graverobber
Added something

1 hour ago, whaletail said:

that´s correct, most of the german wrestlers in DRL Teams are not part of the national team (or not any more).

There are six teams (one is from belgium) KAV EislebenKSV Ispringen, ASV Nendingen, VfK Schifferstadt, Germania Weingarten  & Saitiev Eupen

you are right about the amateurs teams, there are a couple teams arround.

They get paid per match (i would say arround 2k could get more if they win prob.) And maybe a little signing bonus ... you also got to pay them tickets for coming over =)

The Bundesliga matches are a good time.  The fans are great and they have interesting rules.  I saw Frank Chamizo wrestle in the Bundesliga, before he became Frank Chamizo...It's a great thing and a great way to make some extra $$.