Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

pyles and nomad were below average folk style wrestlers and probably never wrestled a freestyle match , yet I just listened to an hour straight of them declaring the match was scored wrong and telling Willie he’s biased...I get these guys promote the sport great, have the best ranking around but does any real wrestling man enjoy listening to JV wrestlers ( who play obvious favorites)  trying to explain something that they truly don’t understand.

Logan steibler broke down the match on the rudis podcast and it was so informative and well spoken .He explained so many little things and mental things that your average fan or Flo writer would never catch.Having competed at the highest levels I feel like he was able to explain things a lot better.  With all the money Flo brings in they really can’t hire a high level wrestler who understands situations and things that CP and nomad clearly don’t.They had an argument zains shot couldn’t be more effective then yhannis because he didn’t score. That’s a JV take, meanwhile steibler explains the best thing zain did was shoot and stalemate and how effective that was and how that’s something Logan learned from John Smith .

As a wrestling fan I appreciate Flo and being able to watch wrestling 24/7 but as big as they are now it seems they should be bringing in better wrestling minds and cutting down on the “drama”/clickbait articles

pending for your thoughts...

i was especially annoyed by todays FRL... and you will not find a bigger supporter of Flo than i am...

for the most part, i give them all a pass for a great many things... i do not necessarily look towards them for any expert analysis or insight... i see FRL as purely entertainment...

with that being said...

the constant misinformation about greco/free scoring and rules is becoming a bigger issue for me lately... all they got to do is learn the rules... and it is not just the 2-2 BS lately... so much this season has irked me...

now, is that more a function of me or them?

i'm willing to listen to arguments either way...

it might be purely my annoyance with some of the personalities, which, grows stronger weekly...

as far as Flo picking up a some high level wrestler, i dare say almost all high level wrestlers would rather eat ground glass than have to perform the day to day of a typical Flo position...

FWIW, i tried to listen to dernlan and steiber and was just bored to tears... neither of them have a dynamic enough personality to keep me engaged... even though willie exhibits all of the traits in a person i try to avoid, he is a strong enough personality to keep me listening...

I agree with @Antitroll2828. Flo can do a better job by bringing someone with more knowledge on freestyle rules or may be someone like Stieber.

I also think there is lot of scope for improvement on the live commentary for freestyle matches. Sometimes i feel i can do a good job ;-)

Edited by freestyle_fan

I skipped thru most of the shoe part of the podcast to be honest, I’m also not saying I don’t like CP and nomad I literally listened to almost every episode of FRL and I think they are great with ranking and most college stuff in general, but this isn’t iowa state vs Wyoming. Its 2 of the best in the entire world getting into positions I’m sure some all Americans or state champs have never seen and they are insisting they are right I just think for the world team stuff they should bring in someone whose competed and is better explaining things instead of people just telling Willie to shut up because they like yhanni because he’s a nice kid and been down with Flo since High school 

I think they are very knowledgeable in many ways and enjoy the banter for the most part. Logan would be a great addition :-))). 

My main issue with FRL is the childish xenophobia by Pyles.  In contrast to the other boys, CP is your typical American who has never traveled overseas really, and of course, has never lived anywhere either. 

Aside from the shallow American way of looking at the world, I think he/they add a great deal to the sport. I was glad to hear Willie and Nomad wanted to live outside of the US for a while to learn more about wrestling and life. 

Quite a contrast from the other nationalism, intolerance, and bias we hear from CP.  But to cut him some slack, he is like your bright, yet clueless nephew who visits for the holidays... he has a lot of interesting ideas, but from a global perspective, he is quite naïve and inexperienced. Keep up the good work Flo... but yes... bring in some folks with deep experience more often.

40 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They had an argument zains shot couldn’t be more effective then yhannis because he didn’t score.

I am confused by this. Maybe you could rephrase it in a way that makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

for all of willie's faults (and there are plenty) he was not wrong today...

He was wrong when he said that it was perposterous that someone would call that exposure for Yianni. I have seen that called exposure for the guy on the leg many times and usually it seems that the offensive man is rewarded. I don't see how Willie could see that 

17 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Its 2 of the best in the entire world getting into positions I’m sure some all Americans or state champs have never seen and they are insisting they are right I just think for the world team stuff they should bring in someone whose competed and is better explaining things instead of people just telling Willie to shut up because they like yhanni because he’s a nice kid and been down with Flo since High school 

I think we have a problem if only an Olympic wrestlers can explain our sport to the fans. Yeah Logan can offer tidbits that the layman wouldn't know, but I don't really see an issue with the the flo crews analysis in this case. Be honest, as a PSU fan, you're just miffed that they are not celebrating Zain's win in the way that you think they should.  Also, it is Yianni not Yhanni

32 minutes ago, russelscout said:

He was wrong when he said that it was perposterous that someone would call that exposure for Yianni. I have seen that called exposure for the guy on the leg many times and usually it seems that the offensive man is rewarded. I don't see how Willie could see that 

i didn't say that. i said it was preposterous that you could determine yianni initiated it.

13 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Willie is becoming unbearable for me lately. Maybe it's an issue with connectivity with him calling in long distance, but he struggles to follow even the most simple arguments from his cohosts and it ends up derailing conversations repeatedly. Worse yet, he typically screams his way through it.

The more he is proven wrong, the louder he yells. 

I actually enjoy Pyles feedback. 

Nomad trys to pass as an expert, but damn he is cringy. BTW how tall is Mark Hall's dad?.... jeesh 

32 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I am confused by this. Maybe you could rephrase it in a way that makes sense. 

I think we have a problem if only an Olympic wrestlers can explain our sport to the fans. Yeah Logan can offer tidbits that the layman wouldn't know, but I don't really see an issue with the the flo crews analysis in this case. Be honest, as a PSU fan, you're just miffed that they are not celebrating Zain's win in the way that you think they should.  Also, it is Yianni not Yhanni

My phone auto corrects to yhanni...I didn’t say just Olympic wrestlers ,I said someone with actual experience because I’ve noticed since the first final X last year that they really don’t have that great of grasp on free style scoring ...

also to all the people that said they just interview yianni because penn state is so secretive , do you ever think it’s just because it’s pretty obvious CP and Nomad don’t like penn state and routinely pick against them whenever given the chance.i mean Cael literally does a weekly interview all season long, the wrestlers give interviews in bar stool and PA papers and such , I’ve beginning to think the reason there isn’t more access to penn state is they just don’t like some of the Flo guys. Most people don’t typically invite people they don’t like into there house 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

pyles and nomad were below average folk style wrestlers and probably never wrestled a freestyle match , yet I just listened to an hour straight of them declaring the match was scored wrong and telling Willie he’s biased...I get these guys promote the sport great, have the best ranking around but does any real wrestling man enjoy listening to JV wrestlers ( who play obvious favorites)  trying to explain something that they truly don’t understand.

Logan steibler broke down the match on the rudis podcast and it was so informative and well spoken .He explained so many little things and mental things that your average fan or Flo writer would never catch.Having competed at the highest levels I feel like he was able to explain things a lot better.  With all the money Flo brings in they really can’t hire a high level wrestler who understands situations and things that CP and nomad clearly don’t.They had an argument zains shot couldn’t be more effective then yhannis because he didn’t score. That’s a JV take, meanwhile steibler explains the best thing zain did was shoot and stalemate and how effective that was and how that’s something Logan learned from John Smith .

As a wrestling fan I appreciate Flo and being able to watch wrestling 24/7 but as big as they are now it seems they should be bringing in better wrestling minds and cutting down on the “drama”/clickbait articles

pending for your thoughts...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i was especially annoyed by todays FRL... and you will not find a bigger supporter of Flo than i am...

for the most part, i give them all a pass for a great many things... i do not necessarily look towards them for any expert analysis or insight... i see FRL as purely entertainment...

with that being said...

the constant misinformation about greco/free scoring and rules is becoming a bigger issue for me lately... all they got to do is learn the rules... and it is not just the 2-2 BS lately... so much this season has irked me...

now, is that more a function of me or them?

i'm willing to listen to arguments either way...

it might be purely my annoyance with some of the personalities, which, grows stronger weekly...

as far as Flo picking up a some high level wrestler, i dare say almost all high level wrestlers would rather eat ground glass than have to perform the day to day of a typical Flo position...

FWIW, i tried to listen to dernlan and steiber and was just bored to tears... neither of them have a dynamic enough personality to keep me engaged... even though willie exhibits all of the traits in a person i try to avoid, he is a strong enough personality to keep me listening...

Today's FRL was the most fanboi FRL of all time. Willie was the only one that made any sense. The other three may as well have been wearing cheer leading outfits.  

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Nomad trys to pass as an expert, but damn he is cringy. BTW how tall is Mark Hall's dad?.... jeesh 

what was i wrong about today? 

what are you talking about? of course it would determine how it's scored.

what is the 'poor take' ? lol.

it sounds like you don't know the rules.

(fyi - it's also not 'a different package'. it's the same package. you just didn't remember it right)

Edited by Husker_Du

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

also to all the people that said they just interview yianni because penn state is so secretive , do you ever think it’s just because it’s pretty obvious CP and Nomad don’t like penn state and routinely pick against them whenever given the chance.i mean Cael literally does a weekly interview all season long, the wrestlers give interviews in bar stool and PA papers and such , I’ve beginning to think the reason there isn’t more access to penn state is they just don’t like some of the Flo guys. Most people don’t typically invite people they don’t like into there house 

Umm.. its pretty well established that PSU does not have the same open door policy that other places do. 

Also, give it a rest. CP and Nomad frequently point out that PSU has the best wrestlers and best coaches. What more do you need? Remember when CP picked Gulibon as preseason #1 for pretty much no reason other than the fact that he was a PSU wrestler? Face it @Antitroll2828; you won't be happy until flo has a 10 minute PSU worship session every show.

I remember the days when Flo actually had articles, videos and other content that were accessible without subscribing for their "Pro" service.  Those were the days.  

Now it seems like unless you have FloPro all you get is a constant stream of clickbait on Instagram and trollish "DeSanto by fall" comments.

FLO is clearly taking a page from ESPN.  Have two guys give opposite takes and yell about it.  

ESPN's Fantasy Football Guy Matthew Berry wrote a recent article about his first TV experience.  The cohost ranted about why player A was going to be great.  When he got done Berry agreed with him and the director yelled cut.  They confirmed that Berry thought the guy was good and they refilmed the scene with the cohost now ranting about why player A was going to be terrible.  Berry said his mind was blown.    

This setup is the bedrock of today's sports media.  FLO is in the business of attracting ears and eyes (and inspiring debate and forum posts).  If both guys on the show take a measured approach and speak reasonably nobody listens.  So instead they pick opposite sides of a hot topic.  

Now if your issue is that they don't get great wrestlers to take fake positions against each other then I don't know what to say to that.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Pyles loves Iowa. You love Iowa. Its natural you'd like Pyles. The friend of my friend is also my friend. Don't get offended. 

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Today's FRL was the most fanboi FRL of all time. Willie was the only one that made any sense. The other three may as well have been wearing cheer leading outfits.  

I wouldn’t call them fanboys but they obviously play favorites ,which isn’t the worst thing if they just admitted it, but they claim to be neutral but you can literally listen to bratke or nomad for 8 seconds and realize they are actively rooting for one guy .I understand that yianni a star and Flo is a business and he’s good for business but if u just picked up wrestling 3 weeks ago you would’ve thought yianni was our rep already the way they were talking...

The whole penn state Willie thing doesn’t make sense in this situation, he picked yianni to win and even if yianni had won in the same manner as Zain I don’t think he would spend 45 minutes arguing the match was scored wrong when no else in the wrestling community (including yianni) is saying that...Zain did the thing and they spend 40 minutes insinuating he should’ve lost or it was scored wrong  then throw out some line like “but Zain got it done congrats” after all this if I were zains camp or penn state I wouldn’t wanna give these people access and act all buddy buddy with them 

2 minutes ago, boconnell said:

FLO is clearly taking a page from ESPN.  Have two guys give opposite takes and yell about it.  

ESPN's Fantasy Football Guy Matthew Berry wrote a recent article about his first TV experience.  The cohost ranted about why player A was going to be great.  When he got done Berry agreed with him and the director yelled cut.  They confirmed that Berry thought the guy was good and they refilmed the scene with the cohost now ranting about why player A was going to be terrible.  Berry said his mind was blown.    

This setup is the bedrock of today's sports media.  FLO is in the business of attracting ears and eyes (and inspiring debate and forum posts).  If both guys on the show take a measured approach and speak reasonably nobody listens.  So instead they pick opposite sides of a hot topic.  

Now if your issue is that they don't get great wrestlers to take fake positions against each other then I don't know what to say to that.

i wish those three were faking their opinion on the show today about the scoring situation.

but alas, it was genuine, and it still hurts my brain. 

15 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

what are you talking about? of course it would determine how it's scored.

what is the 'poor take' ? lol.

it sounds like you don't know the rules.

(fyi - it's also not 'a different package'. it's the same package. you just didn't remember it right)

20 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

He was wrong when he said that it was perposterous that someone would call that exposure for Yianni

This Is what I said. 

You responded by saying:

21 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i didn't say that. i said it was preposterous that you could determine yianni initiated it.

Since I was talking about the call, and you were talking about something that would result in that call being made, I said it is the exact same thing, just repackaged. Get it?