Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

3 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Umm.. its pretty well established that PSU does not have the same open door policy that other places do. 

Also, give it a rest. CP and Nomad frequently point out that PSU has the best wrestlers and best coaches. What more do you need? Remember when CP picked Gulibon as preseason #1 for pretty much no reason other than the fact that he was a PSU wrestler? Face it @Antitroll2828; you won't be happy until flo has a 10 minute PSU worship session every show.

I’m not a Penn state fan as I’ve pointed out numerous times. For the record I root for V tech and anyone from NJ..your bringing up gulibon number 1 five yes ago as your reasoning for Flo being pro penn state? I just feel Zain has absolutely disrespected throughout the entire process.Ive never seen yianni dominate anyone the way Zain did throughout his whole career and I was taken back by the lack of respect for Zains wrestling.So if pointing out obvious bias and as a wrestling fan being annoyed that Zain accomplishments are thrown out with people talking like he’s a scrub makes me a “penn state worshipper”  then I guess I’ll have to wear that hat 

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I wouldn’t call them fanboys but they obviously play favorites ,which isn’t the worst thing if they just admitted it, but they claim to be neutral but you can literally listen to bratke or nomad for 8 seconds and realize they are actively rooting for one guy .I understand that yianni a star and Flo is a business and he’s good for business but if u just picked up wrestling 3 weeks ago you would’ve thought yianni was our rep already the way they were talking...

The whole penn state Willie thing doesn’t make sense in this situation, he picked yianni to win and even if yianni had won in the same manner as Zain I don’t think he would spend 45 minutes arguing the match was scored wrong when no else in the wrestling community (including yianni) is saying that...Zain did the thing and they spend 40 minutes insinuating he should’ve lost or it was scored wrong  then throw out some line like “but Zain got it done congrats” after all this if I were zains camp or penn state I wouldn’t wanna give these people access and act all buddy buddy with them 

Nail meet hammer. 

Add this to their entire "summer of yianni" and it gets to be a bit much. For God's sake, they (Koll's lawyers and the arbitrator) take Zain's world team spot away from him via arbitration, then Zain wins it back on the mat like the man that he is, and all these guys do is whine their little selves to death implying that Yianni basically still won in their eyes. I found their commentary today was basically disrespectful to Zain.

If Yianni had won a low scoring 2-1 match and then another similar match you'd only have heard about Yianni greatness. It is like they are going to report what they want you to believe, not what actually happened. 

Edited by TBar1977

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Pyles loves Iowa. You love Iowa. Its natural you'd like Pyles. The friend of my friend is also my friend. Don't get offended. 

I'm not offended. There may be some truth to that. I think his demeanor compared to the others on the show also plays a part.

I don't see how Steiber would be more authoritative than JV wrestlers/freestyle fans in freestyle scoring.  Stieber had spent years getting really good at wrestling, but I suspect has spent very little time trying to get good at officiating wrestling.   If they really wanted an authority get on scoring related matters they should bring on an official.  This is what networks like ESPN do when there is a rules challenge in an NFL game.  Sure the broadcasters weight in, but they will often get a former official to look at it and weigh in as well.  That should hold more weight than pulling in some hall of fame player who has zero training as an official. 

I suspect nearly 100% of wrestling officials in this country did not compete at the world freestyle championships.  

6 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i wish those three were faking their opinion on the show today about the scoring situation.

but alas, it was genuine, and it still hurts my brain. 

I'm not saying they were completely faking.  I'm saying two sides arguing is compelling, while two guys agreeing is boring.  So everything gets polarized whether it's on purpose in the moment or not.  

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I’m not a Penn state fan as I’ve pointed out numerous times. For the record I root for V tech and anyone from NJ..your bringing up gulibon number 1 five yes ago as your reasoning for Flo being pro penn state? I just feel Zain has absolutely disrespected throughout the entire process.Ive never seen yianni dominate anyone the way Zain did throughout his whole career and I was taken back by the lack of respect for Zains wrestling.So if pointing out obvious bias and as a wrestling fan being annoyed that Zain accomplishments are thrown out with people talking like he’s a scrub makes me a “penn state worshipper”  then I guess I’ll have to wear that hat 

I brought it up because it was crazy, and pretty much no other school would have gotten the benefit of the doubt like that. Plus, what does it matter what year it was. Are you suggesting that CP's hatred for PSU is only a new development? Flo provides a platform for Zain to come on and talk. Cael can do the same. Yianni engages with flo and he is pretty damn likable. Zain and his fans have no right to be upset about the coverage. Thats on hm.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Nail meet hammer. 

Add this to their entire "summer of yianni" and it gets to be a bit much. For God's sake, they (Koll's lawyers and the arbitrator) take Zain's world team spot away from him via arbitration, then Zain wins it back on the mat like the man that he is, and all these guys do is whine their little selves to death implying that Yianni basically still won in their eyes. I found their commentary today was basically disrespectful to Zain.

While I don’t always agree with you say that’s exactly the point I was getting at , sure yianni lost on a questionable call but he got another shot and lost, Zain did nothing wrong with getting his hand raised the first time he just wrestled he can’t control what the refs do and then he has his spot taken via arbitrator has to rewrestle after yianni goes to dogu against team USA wishes and beats Zain , the whole thing screws up the guys engagement and wedding then goes handles his business wins and Flo does an entire show of 3 people yelling at Willie that he’s wrong and implying yianni should’ve won. Today’s show was nothing but disrespectful to Zain, like damn give the man his due 

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

While I don’t always agree with you say that’s exactly the point I was getting at , sure yianni lost on a questionable call but he got another shot and lost, Zain did nothing wrong with getting his hand raised the first time he just wrestled he can’t control what the refs do and then he has his spot taken via arbitrator has to rewrestle after yianni goes to dogu against team USA wishes and beats Zain , the whole thing screws up the guys engagement and wedding then goes handles his business wins and Flo does an entire show of 3 people yelling at Willie that he’s wrong and implying yianni should’ve won. Today’s show was nothing but disrespectful to Zain, like damn give the man his due 

I am glad that Willie told the Coleman Scott story too. This "there's a process" sh!! gets old when it's your life and your hard won spot on the team that is constantly being called into question. I am starting to think Pyles is basically so pro Iowa that he's now basically anti Penn State. Not a good look for Flo, but whatever. Penn State and NLWC will win anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Do you atleast agree that is a position that gets called the other way frequently? Should they have celebrated Zain a bit more, especially after everything he has been through this summer? Probably. However, that position goes both ways many times. Its worth discussion.

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I am glad that Willie told the Coleman Scott story too. This "there's a process" sh!! gets old when it's your life and your hard won spot on the team that is constantly being called into question. I am starting to think Pyles is basically so pro Iowa that he's now basically anti Penn State. Not a good look for Flo, but whatever. Penn State and NLWC will win anyway. 

There is one school who doesn't play ball with flo. If you were Pyles, wouldn't you lean that way too eventually? Lets be honest though. He gives PSU plenty of respect too.

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

My phone auto corrects to yhanni...I didn’t say just Olympic wrestlers ,I said someone with actual experience because I’ve noticed since the first final X last year that they really don’t have that great of grasp on free style scoring ...

also to all the people that said they just interview yianni because penn state is so secretive , do you ever think it’s just because it’s pretty obvious CP and Nomad don’t like penn state and routinely pick against them whenever given the chance.i mean Cael literally does a weekly interview all season long, the wrestlers give interviews in bar stool and PA papers and such , I’ve beginning to think the reason there isn’t more access to penn state is they just don’t like some of the Flo guys. Most people don’t typically invite people they don’t like into there house 

If you think those guys are anti-PSU, you're either being disingenuous, or not paying attention.

There are post-Final X Zain interviews all over the site right now, and they continually give PSU their due in every ranking discussion, tier breakdown, and relevant discussion.

They sometimes mock hardcore PSU fans, but less so than their Iowa counterparts, and honestly, after posting on here for a month or two, I'm surprised they're as gentle as they are.

Nor are they nearly as ill-informed about freestyle as you suggest.  In the run-up to the Zain/Yianni arbitration, they pretty much nailed every substantive argument, and the arbitrator eventually agreed with them.  I don't mind their commentary either, but that's entirely subjective.

Is Nomad a bit smug? Yeah, probably, but he's a Baltimore County kid who went to Calvert Hall and JMU.  Comparatively speaking, he's practically a bastion of humility.

And CP's tendency toward American Exceptualism is much more earnest than xenophobic.  Although I probably disagree with him on many social issues, I appreciate his self-deprecating humor, and obvious love for the sport.

That said, I've only been an avid FRL listener for the last year, and am unfamiliar with Willie's credentials.  I'm pretty sure he was a 103 pounder in high school, and since he was left out of the OP's criticism, I assume he at least had a good PA high school career.  Anyone know the specifics?

6 minutes ago, russelscout said:

There is one school who doesn't play ball with flo. If you were Pyles, wouldn't you lean that way too eventually? Lets be honest though. He gives PSU plenty of respect too.

If you are a pundit or simply an entertainer then you can do what you want, but if you want people to respect your opinion as a down the middle type of guy you have to play it that way. Pyles' "respect" for PSU seems like an anecdote at the end of some biting commentary most of the time. His very much outward love for Iowa and, now seemingly, whomever is in a big match against Penn State's guys, is obvious.

No biggie he leans the way he does, but he nor anyone else should be offended when others take notice of it. 

37 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

what was i wrong about today? 

You wasted 5 minutes of the show screaming the word "crotchlift" into the mic while refusing to understand the argument your cohosts were actually presenting you with. This process happens frequently these days. If you did less yelling and more listening, you'd actually figure out what you're supposed to be responding to quicker and waste less of everybody's time. 

They tried to ask you what the difference was between the 2 and 2 call at Final X and this. I actually think they blew the comparison here. The perfect comparison would be Dake-Ringer at the open last year. That's an almost identical situation. 

The difference for me between the two is that Ringer did more to expose Dake in that scramble than Yianni did to expose Zain. Ringer threw his hips over top, exposing Dake, but was then exposed himself by Dake's crotchlift. In this case, Yianni does hook the heel and elevate a little bit (something you repeatedly ignored on the show), but I don't think that action was enough to expose Zain. Zain only exposed after initiating his own counter, whereas Dake was going to expose whether he initiated his move or not. Zain's move, not Yianni's. I'd go 2 Zain, but 2-2 certainly wouldn't  be "preposterous."

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If you are a pundit or simply an entertainer then you can do what you want, but if you want people to respect your opinion as a down the middle type of guy you have to play it that way. Pyles' "respect" for PSU seems like an anecdote at the end of some biting commentary most of the time. His very much outward love for Iowa and, now seemingly, whomever is in a big match against Penn State's guys, is obvious.

No biggie he leans the way he does, but he nor anyone else should be offended when others take notice of it. 

The worst thing about PSU he ever says is that they don't work with flo. Its not a slight. Its the truth. What has been said that was an attack? If you are talking about fan bases? Well then I, as an Iowa fan, have much more to be angry with flo about than you do.

11 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I like the idea that Flo has intricately calculated master plan to favor certain wrestlers or teams or takes to boost clicks or subscriptions. Makes us sound way smarter and organized than we are. Please keep assuming we are that smart. Thank you. 

The crazy thing is that both major programs think flo is trying to take down their team.

7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Such outward love for Iowa and hate for Penn State that he always picks Penn State to win, calls their staff the best in the country every week, says he would send his kid there if he wanted them to be a champ, etc... The persecution complex is a little much TBar. 

Cael is the Belichick of college wrestling. He's very selective with the access he gives people to his program. That's his prerogative. This isn't some crazy anti-PSU bias. You don't think Flo would love to have access to the team with one of the largest and most die-hard fan bases in the country?

Btw, they literally had a 2 minute segment on FRL today where they went through Cael's old tweets and said how funny/cool he is.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

The crazy thing is that both major programs think flo is trying to take down their team.

You could replace Penn State with Iowa in all of TBAr's posts and it would look like it came straight from the worst posters on Hawkeye Report lol. Almost identical, except Willie is the scapegoat on HR.

13 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

You could replace Penn State with Iowa in all of TBAr's posts and it would look like it came straight from the worst posters on Hawkeye Report lol. Almost identical, except Willie is the scapegoat on HR.

Pyles and Nomad have been plenty of times too. 

14 minutes ago, russelscout said:

The worst thing about PSU he ever says is that they don't work with flo. Its not a slight. Its the truth. What has been said that was an attack? If you are talking about fan bases? Well then I, as an Iowa fan, have much more to be angry with flo about than you do.

One, I never used the word "attack" that you are ascribing here. Two, I am only talking about Pyles, not the entire Flo org. He may be subconsciously biased, but he's still biased imo. He can deny that is the case. No big deal. It is still the case, imo, and anyone can disagree. 

Finally, I don't see any grand master plan of bias. That isn't how most biases work. Most of the time it just creeps into a person and they can't even see it in themselves. Its on a subconscious level. 

Edited by TBar1977

28 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Do you atleast agree that is a position that gets called the other way frequently? Should they have celebrated Zain a bit more, especially after everything he has been through this summer? Probably. However, that position goes both ways many times. Its worth discussion.

They are the only people having this conversation. I haven’t seen anyone else take issue with it including rob koll, a man with no problem voicing his displeasures or yianni himself . Does CP or nomad have the golden eye that can catch something koll or mike grey missed? Last time JB and plenty of other wrestlers all let there opinions on the bad call be heard. This time no controversy at all. Zain has had to deal with more BS then any world team member in the last 20 years and the first show after the biggest wrestling platform in the USA spends 45 minutes arguing and yelling that the match was scored wrong and yianni probably should’ve won...if u think that’s reasonable your too deep in the cornfields to reach 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

One, I never used the word "attack" that you are ascribing here. Two, I am only talking about Pyles, not the entire Flo org. He may be subconsciously biased, but he's still biased imo. He can deny that is the case. No big deal. It is still the case, imo, and anyone can disagree. 

No big deal and everyone can disagree.... but you're going to make damn sure everyone knows your opinion on it won't ya?