Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

with all due respect, and remember i am saying with all due respect...

little you say can be taken seriously... you see everything through tainted glasses... no objectivity at all...

That's alright, with all due respect back to you, my feelings are not hurt. 

the other thing i forgot to add...

nomad using a practice room crotchlift as some means of justification was especially horrible...

a crotchlift is a chump move for the most part and easily defended... you really only see them being used by kids against other kids who still do not have much of an understanding of real wrestling... 

how many points were scored using a crotch lift in the quarters and beyond at 2018 worlds?

that's it...

55 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Bad takes are different than bad sites or bad 'journalism'.

Flo destroys everyone on earth in wrestling coverage. 

There's no rebuttal to this. 

it was one show.

I agree I started this post to just point out I think it was disrespectful to Zain for the biggest wrestling platform in the country to spend 45 minutes questioning the scoring after the guy went through shenanigans all summer and finally won his spot again..especially because the yianni hype has been real.I didn’t intend for this to turn into a bashing Flo post because wrestling has more fans and is in a better place because of Flo 

I just think today’s take was crap and the fact that 3 grown men couldn’t accept someone else’s opinion and spent half the time yelling that they are right made it seem worse 

2 hours ago, qc8223 said:

You wasted 5 minutes of the show screaming the word "crotchlift" into the mic while refusing to understand the argument your cohosts were actually presenting you with. This process happens frequently these days. If you did less yelling and more listening, you'd actually figure out what you're supposed to be responding to quicker and waste less of everybody's time. 

They tried to ask you what the difference was between the 2 and 2 call at Final X and this. I actually think they blew the comparison here. The perfect comparison would be Dake-Ringer at the open last year. That's an almost identical situation. 

The difference for me between the two is that Ringer did more to expose Dake in that scramble than Yianni did to expose Zain. Ringer threw his hips over top, exposing Dake, but was then exposed himself by Dake's crotchlift. In this case, Yianni does hook the heel and elevate a little bit (something you repeatedly ignored on the show), but I don't think that action was enough to expose Zain. Zain only exposed after initiating his own counter, whereas Dake was going to expose whether he initiated his move or not. Zain's move, not Yianni's. I'd go 2 Zain, but 2-2 certainly wouldn't  be "preposterous."

That was a really good explanation.

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Real question:

they recently did a technique video where Nomad shows a switch, was this A) a joke or B) an informative technical analysis? 

It was clearly a joke

23 minutes ago, Hotkarl712 said:

"but was then exposed himself by Dake's crotchlift" taken out of context how a whole different feel to it

Ya know, I realized that immediately after I posted it. Not my most eloquent description, but when you're posting at work, speed is your friend.

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

So?

You disagree that this position gets called both ways then?

I think he and Tbar are correct that this turned into the summer of Yianni, and Flo wasn't immune.  Between the huge wins, Final X, arbitration controversies, and the FLWC access, Flo, and FRL, were obviously enamored with the guy.  His story was something special this summer.

But neither FRL, nor the site itself, disrespected Zain.  The Flo website hosted numerous Zain specific articles, and with any access to NLWC, would almost certainly have hosted more.

Perhaps more importantly, despite obviously jumping on the Yianni bandwagon pretty early (again, understandable), the FRL hosts never disparaged Zain in any way at all, and I imagine his presumed injury played a huge role in their winner picks.  I don't think Willie was wrong at all when he stated that Zain would have to be 100%, and wrestle as well as he did in the initial Final X matches, to beat Yianni.  As it happened, he was 100%, and did wrestle as well as at Final X, and won.

I haven't listened to yesterday's FRL yet, but arguing about a call doesn't imply favoritism, nor even dismiss Zain's win, and I certainly haven't heard anything on FRL this summer that suggests any of the four hosts bear PSU any ill will at all.

3 minutes ago, MDogg said:

It was clearly a joke

A joke stemming from one of Nomad's classic over confident proclamations that "nobody does switches right in college." At least they're self aware sometimes.

50 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I agree I started this post to just point out I think it was disrespectful to Zain for the biggest wrestling platform in the country to spend 45 minutes questioning the scoring after the guy went through shenanigans all summer and finally won his spot again..especially because the yianni hype has been real.I didn’t intend for this to turn into a bashing Flo post because wrestling has more fans and is in a better place because of Flo 

I just think today’s take was crap and the fact that 3 grown men couldn’t accept someone else’s opinion and spent half the time yelling that they are right made it seem worse 

To be fair to flo, it's not like there's much else to talk about right now. They have to fill an hour and a half somehow. Did you want them to ignore the biggest exchange of the biggest event of the week that was itself the conclusion to the biggest story of the summer?

Flo has been nothing short of transformational for our sport. After 15+ years away from the sport (in terms of actively following beyond watching NCAA’s and a few other major events). it is a HUGE part of the reason I was able to strongly reconnect with my first true love. That’s a bold statement, but I 100% believe that if it wasn’t for Flo I wouldn’t be following wrestling nearly as close as I am today. 

I’ve since become a wrestling junkie again and get my fix from lots of different websites, content providers, etc...so I now know where and how to shop around. However, the fact remains that Flo has done more than the rest have collectively. Obviously just my opinion.

Could they do things better? Of course. And it almost goes without saying that some of the personalities rub people the wrong way. That’s almost by design with any successful sports media property that gets people to listen to 400+ podcasts that are 60-100 minutes long. I personally find Nomad insufferably arrogant  when it comes to how high brow and stubborn he is when it comes to the rankings (especially rankings of true and RS freshman). 

Just my two cents.

6 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

A joke stemming from one of Nomad's classic over confident proclamations that "nobody does switches right in college." At least they're self aware sometimes.

Could very well be...I just assumed it was a self deprecating joke given his wrestling resume (on the mat at least).

On 9/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, MDogg said:

Could very well be...I just assumed it was a self deprecating joke given his wrestling resume (on the mat at least).

It was self deprecating, but it stemmed from one of the fan questions on FRL where they were asked what their go-to moves were. He said it was a good move. The others pointed out it rarely works at high levels. He responded in his usual manner "that's because they don't do it right," which rightly drew ridicule from his cohosts. All in all pretty funny. 

Edited by qc8223

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

it was one show.

I dont agree with everything you say, but agree here. I dont see how people can be displeased by the product. Good wrestling content is constantly at my fingertips and that just was not the case in the past nor is it the case today outside of flo.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

agree I started this post to just point out I think it was disrespectful to Zain for the biggest wrestling platform in the country to spend 45 minutes questioning the scoring after the guy went through shenanigans all summer and finally won his spot again..especially because the yianni hype has been real.I didn’t intend for this to turn into a bashing Flo post because wrestling has more fans and is in a better place because of Flo 

Thats not what you did though. You suggested they bring in a high level talent to comment on high level matches because Logan gave Zain a lot of praise and Flo guys didnt give enough in your opinion so they obviously didnt know what they were talking about.

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

it was one show.

Can you address the OP’s extremely convoluted question regarding why FLO doesn’t hire folks with an impressive pedigree and an extensive technical understanding of the sport? 

I’m not one who thinks pedigree is altogether necessary for providing quality insight but I do wonder if this is something that has been pursued? If so, why hasn’t it worked out? If not, what are the objections?

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Pretty much nailed it. 

I just dont see how you can be so definitive on that sequence. The way I heard the discussion is that the 3 guys thought that could have been called both ways because of precedent in countless other matches, while Willie thought it was obvious as it stood. How can that sequence be seen as so obvious with anyone who disagrees needing their head checked when we have seen this call go both ways. 

Thats not a knock on Zain at all. 

Edited by russelscout

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I just dont see how you can be so definitive on that sequence. The way I heard the discussion is that the 3 guys thought that could have been called both ways because of precedent in countless other matches, while Willie thought it was obvious as it stood. How can that sequence be seen as so obvious with anyone who disagrees needing their head checked when we have seen this call go both ways. 

Thats not a knock on Zain at all. 

it has already been explained in great detail... you are just ignoring it...

clearly babi thought so... as did the judge... as did yianni's corner...