Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

it has already been explained in great detail... you are just ignoring it...

clearly babi thought so... as did the judge... as did yianni's corner...

This is not controversial. The discussion on flo didnt even paint it as such. My criticism is towards Willie who proceeded to and continues to say anyone who saw even a possible exposure in Yiannis favor is mental. How can you be that black and white? Its been called both ways all year, regardless of what the corner and ref said this match. Keep in mind, it was him yelling, not Nomad or Pyles.

And I saw your explanation for this position. Its not completely clear that its Zains move when watching it. I could see an arguement where Yianni drove Zain over his back while elevating the leg. Whoops, better get my head checked!

Edited by russelscout

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

This is not controversial. The discussion on flo didnt even paint it as such. My criticism is towards Willie who proceeded to and continues to say anyone who saw even a possible exposure in Yiannis favor is mental. How can you be that black and white? Its been called both ways all year, regardless of what the corner and ref said this match. Keep in mind, it was him yelling, not Nomad or Pyles.

he didn't say that... this is another example of people just hearing what they want to hear...

he said it was clearly zain's action... he even said he could see a possiblility for someone claiming yianni caught zain on his back, which, incidently, would be the only way a 2-2 score would be a scoring option... still that would have been two different actions... yianni did not and it wasn't...

54 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I just dont see how you can be so definitive on that sequence. The way I heard the discussion is that the 3 guys thought that could have been called both ways because of precedent in countless other matches, while Willie thought it was obvious as it stood. How can that sequence be seen as so obvious with anyone who disagrees needing their head checked when we have seen this call go both ways. 

Thats not a knock on Zain at all. 

Look, I am not trying to convince you to see this my way (2 Zain). You ARE trying to convince me to see it your way (2-2), much like how CP, nomad and Bratke tried like heck for most of their show to convince Willie.

Who cares. It's over. Move on, finally. Zain won. 

9 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Yes, because its been well established; even if there is precedent to the contrary, unless you see things exactly the same way as LJB and Willie, there is something wrong with you, and you need help. Give me a break.

show the precedent...

face it, you are falling prey to one of the more annoying traits of people... an unwillingness to learn... it has been explained why the action was scored the way it was, but, you refuse to allow yourself to be educated on how greco/free is called... you just want to dig your heels in and try to be "right"

i promise you if you actually try to understand the rules and how positions are going to be called, you will ultimately enjoy watching the sport more...

14 minutes ago, LJB said:

show the precedent...

face it, you are falling prey to one of the more annoying traits of people... an unwillingness to learn... it has been explained why the action was scored the way it was, but, you refuse to allow yourself to be educated on how greco/free is called... you just want to dig your heels in and try to be "right"

i promise you if you actually try to understand the rules and how positions are going to be called, you will ultimately enjoy watching the sport more...

You watch any wrestling this summer?  Yeah I know the rules. Unfortunately I do not have a file saved with this specific exchanged saved, but youre just going to have to take my word on it because Im not going to scour the archives to prove this point.

3 hours ago, LJB said:

second... the 2 was clearly zains... he had stopped the initial attack by yianni... totally flattened him out... yianni was going nowhere... zain takes his knee off the back of yianni's knee and starts the lift... yianni then and only then is able to start basing up and then using zain's momentum turns it into what it became... without zain's crotchlift that sequence gets stalemated with a quickness...

Yianni continues to circle his hips around, gets to his knee and eventually his feet as he drove Zain over his back. He did not get to those positions because Zain allowed it or put Yianni there. Yianni improved his position and exposed Zain as a result. That is a counter arguement and seems pretty damn valid. If I make that arguement do I need to have my head examined? I dont think so.

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

blah blah blah

clearly you don't know the rules...

clearly you just say it has happened but can not verify it by anything other than BECAUSE  I SAID SO!!!!

clearly you have ignored the fact that yianni was flat and the only reason he was able to base up was that zain took his knee off of yianni's leg and had started the crotchlift... yianni did not halt the action at any point nor did he change the direction of the action...

clearly you ignore the ref, the judge, and yianni's own corner BECAUSE YOU SAY SO!!!!

pay no attention to the snickers in the background...

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

His biting commentary was the entire nearly entire show long EMPHASIS on the scoring in this last match, as if Yianni (the not Penn State wrestler) somehow got jobbed. Pyles doesn't need to make any direct "biting" comments towards anyone at Penn State to come off as biased. There are hundreds if not thousands of ways to frame things to get someone to to buy into what you are selling. In this case he is selling the idea that Zain didn't win fair and square. It's b.s. And it's especially b.s. since this is round 2 of the whole Zain isn't deserving of the spot b.s. 

Imagine if you are Zain or anyone at NLWC listening to that garbage today. 

very unprofessional by flo. Giving the drawn out nature of this series resulting in a 3rd match from arbitration , any more chatter about unfairness is insensitive to the zain train who is the champ and won that match as "handily" as you could a one score match. It wasn't that close frankly. Zain was Clearly the better wrestler. But flo wants to spend an entire show about how that call decided the match when a)  the call was not unfair and  b)  - it didn't decide the match regardless . Zain was superior in all positions the entire match, had more attacks, and had better defense. And dealt with arbitration. 0 more excuses. 0 more bull****. fair is fair. give the man his due.

If willie got bashed for simply stating what observers were stating about the cuban wrestler, the rest of the flo crew needs alot more backlash than that. This was flat out favoritism toward yanni and unfair to zain -  they did not even give zain his due before the rant or put a disclaimer on zain being the true champ and better wrestler

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly you have ignored the fact that yianni was flat and the only reason he was able to base up was that zain took his knee off of yianni's leg and had started the crotchlift... yianni did not halt the action at any point nor did he change the direction of the action...

No i addressed that. Yianni clearly built his base circled his hips around and forced exposure on Zain.

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly you just say it has happened but can not verify it by anything other than BECAUSE  I SAID SO!!!!

Once again, Im not going to scour youtube and flo to prove the point. If you dont believe me thats fine. Atleast I know I have Cpyle, Nomad and Bratke on my side. Maybe we can get a group discount on CAT scans. 

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly you ignore the ref, the judge, and yianni's own corner BECAUSE YOU SAY SO!!!!

I wasn't the only one who expressed this viewpoint.

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

pay no attention to the snickers in the background...

It never ceases to amaze me just how upset people will get when someone wont see things exactly the same way they do. Keep writing in capital letters, use exclamation points, call me crazy... I think youre pretty close to switching my view point with this strategy LJB.

3 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

willie got bashed for simply stating what observers were stating about the cuban wrestler, the rest of the flo crew needs alot more backlash than that

Willie got bashed for saying there was pretty much no room for discussion on it. Settle down before you leave the house with your pitchfork.

16 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Blah blah blah

You are wrong... it’s as simple as that... Yianni did not start the action, Yianni did not stop the action, Yianni did not change the direction of the action, and most importantly, Yianni was not awarded any points...

all your blathering does not change any of that...

no one is upset with you... quite the opposite... personally, I feel a little sorry for you...

40 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Willie got bashed for saying there was pretty much no room for discussion on it. Settle down before you leave the house with your pitchfork.

anthony echemedia's age. from fargo. if that was taken as insensitive, this surely must be towards zain and penn states camp given the nature of this process.

Last thing - even if the call was aggregiously wrong and went in zains favor - so what ? it didn't decide the match. koll didn't throw the brick and in international wrestling, missed calls are the norm. 

What would of Burroughs done ? He would of scored and won the damn match. 

The yanni excuses are over.  

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Ok so why is Flo joking about its commentators being incompetent? Thats the punchline right?

Good God man lighten up. It’s a JOKE and you even acknowledged as much but are still internet mad about a video of Nomad showing how to hit a switch...sarcastically. Can’t make this stuff up.

I can’t imagine how upset you’d be over this segment if you were a football fan. 

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Look, I am not trying to convince you to see this my way (2 Zain). You ARE trying to convince me to see it your way (2-2), much like how CP, nomad and Bratke tried like heck for most of their show to convince Willie.

Who cares. It's over. Move on, finally. Zain won. 

He's only claiming that it wasn't black and white, not that it wasn't Zain's points.

12 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

pyles and nomad were below average folk style wrestlers and probably never wrestled a freestyle match , yet I just listened to an hour straight of them declaring the match was scored wrong and telling Willie he’s biased...I get these guys promote the sport great, have the best ranking around but does any real wrestling man enjoy listening to JV wrestlers ( who play obvious favorites)  trying to explain something that they truly don’t understand.

Logan steibler broke down the match on the rudis podcast and it was so informative and well spoken .He explained so many little things and mental things that your average fan or Flo writer would never catch.Having competed at the highest levels I feel like he was able to explain things a lot better.  With all the money Flo brings in they really can’t hire a high level wrestler who understands situations and things that CP and nomad clearly don’t.They had an argument zains shot couldn’t be more effective then yhannis because he didn’t score. That’s a JV take, meanwhile steibler explains the best thing zain did was shoot and stalemate and how effective that was and how that’s something Logan learned from John Smith .

As a wrestling fan I appreciate Flo and being able to watch wrestling 24/7 but as big as they are now it seems they should be bringing in better wrestling minds and cutting down on the “drama”/clickbait articles

pending for your thoughts...

I would love to give a whistle to those guys, let them ref, I can be a coach in the corner and then critique their job as an official online.

I really get a kick out of Jaroslav's silence here. One week ago when fewer persons speaking up he cries """anonymous troll""" and he cries """relentlessly negative feedback""". Turns out all his weird, silly snark doesn't do nothing to fix problems! Flo talks about """big-boy sports""" but when push comes to shove some Flobros wilt and others lean on the 'breadth of coverage' crutch. I'd like to see Flo do better, fix problems, walk the walk.

Edited by jon

8 hours ago, LJB said:

no one is upset with you... quite the opposite... personally, I feel a little sorry for you...

You feel sorry for me because I dont feel exactly the same way you do? Thanks for looking out LJB, but I dont need your sympathy. 

Now just because I dont see it exactly your way, Im a sad story. You just cant help yourself. It kind of seems like you need ad hominem attacks to feel like a winner on here.

8 hours ago, LJB said:

You are wrong... it’s as simple as that... Yianni did not start the action, Yianni did not stop the action, Yianni did not change the direction of the action, and most importantly, Yianni was not awarded any points...

I disagree. I see where you could award Yianni points there.

Edited by russelscout

2 hours ago, jon said:

I really get a kick out of Jaroslav's silence here. One week ago when fewer persons speaking up he cries """anonymous troll""" and he cries """relentlessly negative feedback""". Turns out all his weird, silly snark doesn't do nothing to fix problems! Flo talks about """big-boy sports""" but when push comes to shove some Flobros wilt and others lean on the 'breadth of coverage' crutch. I'd like to see Flo do better, fix problems, walk the walk.

What exactly is the giant problem here? A select few seem to think there wasnt enough Zain worship on the show today, can't handle opposing opinions if a PSU wrestler is involved and are upset that the show wasnt exactly the way they want it to be. 

16 minutes ago, russelscout said:

What exactly is the giant problem here? A select few seem to think there wasnt enough Zain worship on the show today, can't handle opposing opinions if a PSU wrestler is involved and are upset that the show wasnt exactly the way they want it to be. 

I've not listened to that episode. Seems to me, though, 5+ pages of critique is indicative of a problem. Everyone here loves wrestling but not everyone here loves Flo personalities. It's great for fans to pay for good coverage. It's ridiculous for fans to pay for shortfalls, nuisances, and other nonsense that Flo can- but doesn't fix.

Willie talks about coverage but the Flo product is more than just coverage. Flo nonsense undermines Flo coverage.

Edited by jon

Just now, jon said:

I've not listened to that episode. Seems to me, though, 5+ pages of critique is indicative of a problem. Everyone here loves wrestling but not everyone here loves Flo personalities. It's great for fans to pay for good coverage. It's ridiculous for fans to pay for shortfalls, nuisances, and other nonsense that Flo can- but doesn't fix.

So it needs to be fixed so that the individuals sharing opinions are agread with by everyone at all times and everyones personality needs to be loved? Yeah, that sounds pretty entertaining. 

Do yourself a favor, listen to the episode, then rethink your stance of protest. Good lord....