Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

I think you are wrong. 

you can think that all you like, but, for whatever reason, you are not seeing things as it happened, as it was called, or as it was confirmed...

don't worry... that does not make you unique...

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

you can think that all you like, but, for whatever reason, you are not seeing things as it happened, as it was called, or as it was confirmed...

don't worry... that does not make you unique...

I get why Zain got points. I just can also see why someone would throw up points for Yianni. 

Personally, I like FRL and generally like Nomad's and CP's takes.  I don't really care that he wasn't a 4-time national champ like Logan.   That said, both were wrong today and Willie was right.  Nomad's focus on what it would look like in practice versus a match was odd.  

The best you can say is that Yanni held Zain after Zain got the 2 for the crotch lift, but I don't think that sort of hold is called 2 internationally.  I mean, I've definitely seen plenty of times where the top guy gets a gut for 2 and is held a little bit before going fully over. It's never 2 and 2.  It's always 2 for the top guy.  In those situations, it's either 2 blue or 2 red, but never 2 and 2.  

The Ringer/Dake 2018 Open match is a good contrast, as someone pointed out earlier.  Ringer get's the 2 first by hipping over Dake, then Dake gets the crotch lift for 2. Two independent acts.  Yanni's move was really holding Zain briefly from completing his full act.

20 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I get why Zain got points. I just can also see why someone would throw up points for Yianni. 

oh, i can see why someone would want to give yianni points, but, they would be ignoring the rule set and how it is called... 

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Im not ignoring the rule set. If Yianni initiated the move, its his points.

if he did initiate the move, then yes it would have been...

sadly, he did not and it was not...

i do feel we have made some progress... we have moved on from not understanding the rules to finally settle on not understanding wrestling positions...

of course, i don't anticipate this will go any quicker or smoother...

let's just cut straight to the chase...

clearly, my dad can beat up your dad...

14 minutes ago, LJB said:

if he did initiate the move, then yes it would have been...

sadly, he did not and it was not...

i do feel we have made some progress... we have moved on from not understanding the rules to finally settle on not understanding wrestling positions...

of course, i don't anticipate this will go any quicker or smoother...

let's just cut straight to the chase...

clearly, my dad can beat up your dad...

I actually havent changed my position at all.... and my dad would whoop your dads ass!

So just to be clear how many here on this thread are actually trying to have a meaningful conversation about the scoring/match/flo and how many are feigning outrage and making comments just trying to say things to get Willie and the rest of the flo guys to notice them?  

7 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

So just to be clear how many here on this thread are actually trying to have a meaningful conversation about the scoring/match/flo and how many are feigning outrage and making comments just trying to say things to get Willie and the rest of the flo guys to notice them?  

Nobody here feigning outrage. Nobody here feeling outrage. This thread great, in my opinion. Last couple pages (my posts! lol) feel superfluous though.

One person speaks up and someone's response is "anonymous troll". Numerous persons speak up and someone else's response is "feigning outrage". Perhaps the halo effect, coming from Flo documentaries (polished) and projecting onto Flo other stuff (amateurish), is diminishing.

Edited by jon

5 minutes ago, jon said:

Nobody here feigning outrage. Nobody here feeling outrage. This thread great, in my opinion. Last couple pages (my posts! lol) feel superfluous though.

One person speaks up and someone's response is "anonymous troll". Numerous persons speak up and someone else's response is "feigning outrage". Perhaps the halo effect, coming from Flo documentaries (polished) and projecting onto Flo other stuff (amateurish), is diminishing..

I guess I'm just cynical to these boards (and society in general) now a days....I don't truly believe people really care this much (7 pages worth)  and rather are just trying to rock the boat , get attention or validate themselves, or just get under the skin of others...which makes reading this board difficult for the rest of us who come here for meaningful conversation about our favorite sport.

ps its a slow day at work...i can feigned some outrage if we need some more?

3 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

I personally appreciate all 7 pages of feedback. even if half of it is from anonymous trolls saying mean things about us. because ultimately I agree, sometimes it's just nice to be noticed.

18 hours ago, MDogg said:

I personally find Nomad insufferably arrogant  when it comes to how high brow and stubborn he is when it comes to the rankings (especially rankings of true and RS freshman). 

if you are referring to college rankings then that's on me and CP. Nomad doesn't do the NCAA rankings. Although Nomad may have defended the practice of not ranking true freshman. in which case then it's probably fair to include him.

11 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I personally appreciate all 7 pages of feedback. even if half of it is from anonymous trolls saying mean things about us. because ultimately I agree, sometimes it's just nice to be noticed.

Yes. Sure. This thread full of trolls. Right... More like full of truths. Stellar example of """big-boy media""" right here, folks.

3 hours ago, jon said:

Perhaps the halo effect, coming from Flo documentaries (polished) and projecting onto Flo other stuff (amateurish), is diminishing.

Edited by jon

10 minutes ago, jon said:

Yes. Sure. This thread full of trolls. Right... More like full of truths. Stellar example of """big-boy media""" right here, folks.

"Big Boy Media" is far more contentious than flo. What Would Stephen A. Smith Do?

16 hours ago, russelscout said:

Willie got bashed for saying there was pretty much no room for discussion on it. Settle down before you leave the house with your pitchfork.

correcting you is becoming a chore.

i said, on the call, 'people are coming up to me asking if he's too old; how the heck am i supposed to know?'

you're making things up again.

57 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Which one are you?...btw I just wandered over to the college board and I will now retract my previous statements...I will take fake outrage and the poking and prodding of eachother over the frequent nonsense posts from a certain poster any day of the week...please proceed.

Flo should definitely not hire Stieber to replace the Flo radio crew.  I don't think he would be superior as a broadcaster and he also says stupid ****. 

Twice on the Rudis podcast he has spoke about wrestling as a path to paying for college with a scholarship and though a wrestler probably won't get a full scholarship they could get a partial scholarship or even just books.   He's pointed out books multiple times.  As though getting your college books paid for would be a reasonable return on spending $250/season (is that $500, $750, $1000?/year) over middle school and high school to attend Stieber Elite, plus tournament entry fees, plus shoes and equipment, plus transportation costs, plus any increase in health care costs to treat injuries.  A parent would be far better off if they took all that money they would spend on wrestling and invested it then had their kid buy used books with that and better off still if they had their son or daughter get a job and earn money in place of all those hours spent wrestling.  Derlan's point about gaining access to a school you wouldn't otherwise get into is far more compelling if you ask me.  Stieber should take that and forget about the scholarship and especially book talk.

Flo needs to splash the cash on production.  I haven't seen a streaming event on their service that hasn't had some kind of audio or video issue and the Yianni-Zain wrestle off was no exception.  They tried to replay the video related to the NLWC challenge, but they replayed it with the original audio.  So during the slo-motion replay you could hear the original commentary slowed down as they did it and then CP and Willie were trying to talk about it over top of their original slow motion rebroadcasted commentary.  It was awful and it wasn't the only audio issue in the broadcast. 

They were successful in creating banter in their good cop/bad cop schtick.  They were just paying back  the Cornell team for their all access loyalty.  I seriously doubt either one is dumb enough to believe Yanni initiated that exposure.

1 hour ago, tbert said:

They were successful in creating banter in their good cop/bad cop schtick.  They were just paying back  the Cornell team for their all access loyalty.  I seriously doubt either one is dumb enough to believe Yanni initiated that exposure.

Yianni is really good at making the opponents offense appear to be his offense. The little toe tap to make it appear he was pushing off after Zain already had the crotch lift pretty high is an example. I bet two of the three actually believe it.

Just now, TBar1977 said:

Yianni is really good at making the opponents offense appear to be his offense. The little toe tap to make it appear he was pushing off after Zain already had the crotch lift pretty high is an example. I bet two of the three actually believe it.

Yes, this is exactly what Yianni was doing. Trying to fool everybody in the gym. Definitely not trying to actually score. It's not like he's the most prolific counter wrestler in the country or anything.

I'm sure he thought "oh no i'm going over, i better tap my toe real quick so pyles defends me on frl." 

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

I'm not posting to get in an argument....just throwing  in my 2 cents.  I've been involved in wrestling for close to 60 years, as a competitor, coach and clinician.  Coached at most of the levels for many years and worked camps for about 35 years.  Point being I have a pretty good knowledge of the sport and it's many different aspects.  I think back to television coverage, which over time has been minimal.  In 1972, when we won 3 Gold medals in addition to some silver and bronze.  As I remember it, the main sportscaster for wrestling was a football player/Frank Gifford,  but mainly because of Gable, we did at least get some serious coverage, including a special on Dan.  Later, we got Russ Hellickson who did a great job for a number of years.  Later, I watched for a number of years, Tim Johnson and Doug Brown on Iowa Public Television broadcasting matches with the likes of Iowa, Iowa State, Okla State, Oklahoma, Northern Iowa,  and more.  The Big Ten Network now has Jim Gibbons, Tim Johnson and Shane Sparks.  I guess my point is,  we're still limited in the number "big time" announcers.  And I'm so thankful we have Flo, and what they offer us......I live by Flo, Track and TheMat.com.  So, Bader, Willie and  company don't bother me......I won't listen to a whole Flo Radio Podcast, so I look at the index and pick what I want to hear.  Maybe they can find better, I don't know.....I appreciate them for what they do bring to the table, rather than look at their wrestling resumes....they're not that bad.  I have a more difficult time listening to Steven A. Smith on ESPN when he starts screaming at Max Kellerman, or whoever his sidekick is....I change the channel at that point, actually maybe it's why I don't watch ESPN as much as I used to.  I do like Jim Gibbons....great guy, I'm friends with him, but to be honest, I get tired of "freight train double" and his reference to the "belt buckle", but do I want him doing BTN.....absolutely...he brings a lot to the table.  And as far as all this goes,  this thread was on page 7 when I put this post out, and there was no way I was going to go thru all this banter....just wanted, again, to throw  in my two cents from my "coaches corner".  Fadz