Antitroll2828

How does Flo not hire ...

1 hour ago, qc8223 said:

Yes, this is exactly what Yianni was doing. Trying to fool everybody in the gym. Definitely not trying to actually score. It's not like he's the most prolific counter wrestler in the country or anything.

I'm sure he thought "oh no i'm going over, i better tap my toe real quick so pyles defends me on frl." 

Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

Doesnt sound ridiculous to me.  Dake has probably influenced Yanni on this more than anyone.  If you feel you are going over and you are in a 50/50 type position, you should try to "fool" the officials into at least a 2&2.  It appears the only ones he "fooled" were posters on here and maybe a couple naive announcers.

5 minutes ago, tbert said:

Doesnt sound ridiculous to me.  Dake has probably influenced Yanni on this more than anyone.  If you feel you are going over and you are in a 50/50 type position, you should try to "fool" the officials into at least a 2&2.  It appears the only ones he "fooled" were posters on here and maybe a couple naive announcers.

I think it was Metcalf who said in an interview several years back that you always need to make it look like you initiated the move because you never know what the judge might put up. Seems like common sense really.

4 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

correcting you is becoming a chore.

i said, on the call, 'people are coming up to me asking if he's too old; how the heck am i supposed to know?'

you're making things up again.

I wasnt talking about that. I think I was a little confused about what he was talking about bc I dont know about the incident you are referring to. I was talking about the exchange on FRL about the exposure. I was saying he needs to settle down about the need for backlash against Pyles and Nomads response to that. 

Sorry for the confusion.

4 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Flo needs to splash the cash on production.  I haven't seen a streaming event on their service that hasn't had some kind of audio or video issue

Maybe its your internet? I think the video and audio have been great lately

33 minutes ago, tbert said:

come on...you seriously think he's thinking about fooling people in the middle of the scramble. Or was he trying to pressure his hips into Zain to actually score points and Zain just did enough to score despite it. It's not that complicated guys. It's wrestling.

I like FLO, and I listen to FRL.  I would say I was at the upper echelon of competing and I have had to scout and figure out tendencies, game plan for specific international opponents, and figure out certain guys signature positions.  What is painfully obvious to me is that the guys on FRL have little to no grasp on strategy and tactics at that level, nor do they understand the rules and hierarchies of many positions.  It seems to me, that is what TS Antitroll is asking.  Why dont they bring in a personality that can decipher what is going on from a strategical, tactical, and positional standpoint?  I dont really find it necessary for me because I understand those things.  Many people dont, and I feel maybe they are left wanting more sometimes.  I will continue to support FLO and I think they are doing a good job.

Edited by olddirty

7 minutes ago, olddirty said:

What is painfully obvious to me is that the guys on FRL have little to no grasp on strategy and tactics at that level, nor do they understand the rules and hierarchies of many positions. 

Im not trying to bait you or anything, but what is an example of one of their more glaring omissions? 

58 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Maybe its your internet? I think the video and audio have been great lately

It’s possible but in FRL episode this argument occurred in they kept losing Willie’s audio when they went to show a replay of the scoring sequence from match.  CP and the other cohosts acknowledged this so I know that issue wasn’t on my end.   I wouldn’t conclude they have the audio issues when showing replays fully sorted. 

2 hours ago, olddirty said:

I like FLO, and I listen to FRL.  I would say I was at the upper echelon of competing and I have had to scout and figure out tendencies, game plan for specific international opponents, and figure out certain guys signature positions.  What is painfully obvious to me is that the guys on FRL have little to no grasp on strategy and tactics at that level, nor do they understand the rules and hierarchies of many positions.  It seems to me, that is what TS Antitroll is asking.  Why dont they bring in a personality that can decipher what is going on from a strategical, tactical, and positional standpoint?  I dont really find it necessary for me because I understand those things.  Many people dont, and I feel maybe they are left wanting more sometimes.  I will continue to support FLO and I think they are doing a good job.

Yea pretty much what I was getting at..I like Flo overall and I like FRL normally I just think some things in these higher levels matches go right over there heads.i wasn’t saying anyone needs to go I just think it would be beneficial all round If they added someone that can give more of a wrestling take opposed to a fan and slightly biased fan at that 

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea pretty much what I was getting at..I like Flo overall and I like FRL normally I just think some things in these higher levels matches go right over there heads.i wasn’t saying anyone needs to go I just think it would be beneficial all round If they added someone that can give more of a wrestling take opposed to a fan and slightly biased fan at that 

What is the right point? A further deep dive into tactics, strategy and technique would fundamentally change the show. Remember that this is podcast format so discussion on technique is limited anyways, but there would definitely be diminishing returns in entertainment delivered. I see value in a show that can cover an inch deep but a mile wild. A 25 minute discussion into tactics doesn't really appeal to many outside of those who frequent this board. The thing is, there is an option for someone searching for what you are looking for and you referenced it: The Rudis Podcast. That show does do a much more significant deep dive than FRL when it comes to technique, tactics, and strategy, but as a result it is a little more dry. FRL is popular because it is entertaining and accessible. It is more popular than The Rudis despite the difference in approach. More technical does not equal better in this case IMO. 

And frankly you just need to quit with the bias crap. Iowa fans think they are after Spencer Lee and Iowa. PSU fans think they hate Penn State, Cael and Zain Retherford. Its just really not true in pretty much all these cases. FRL can spend 30 minutes praising Cael and NLWC, but the moment they even question one thing in favor of PSU or pick against one of their wrestlers, everyone gets in a tizzy and cries bias despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. It is getting to the point now where it comes across as a bit immature by people on this board. People can not hear anything but constant praise for their wrestlers without crying and seeing it as a personal attack on them and their fan base. Heaven forbid we have opposing views in this world!

Edited by russelscout

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

And frankly you just need to quit with the bias crap. Iowa fans think they are after Spencer Lee and Iowa. PSU fans think they hate Penn State, Cael and Zain Retherford. Its just really not true in pretty much all these cases. FRL can spend 30 minutes praising Cael and NLWC, but the moment they even question one thing in favor of PSU or pick against one of their wrestlers, everyone gets in a tizzy and cries bias despite plenty of evidence to the contrary. It is getting to the point now where it comes across as a bit immature by people on this board. People can not hear anything but constant praise for their wrestlers without crying and seeing it as a personal attack on them and their fan base. Heaven forbid we have opposing views in this world!

So you think that after all Zain went thru this summer that after he again wins the world team spot for the second time, that the very next FRL show should immediately go with 45 minutes of whining about the officiating in a way that strongly suggests Yianni was robbed and, with that, Zain's win is again tainted? 

That episode was misplaced. 

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

What is the right point? A further deep dive into tactics, strategy and technique would fundamentally change the show. Remember that this is podcast format so discussion on technique is limited anyways, but there would definitely be diminishing returns in entertainment delivered. I see value in a show that can cover an inch deep but a mile wild. A 25 minute discussion into tactics doesn't really appeal to many outside of those who frequent this board. The thing is, there is an option for someone searching for what you are looking for and you referenced it: The Rudis Podcast. That show does do a much more significant deep dive than FRL when it comes to technique, tactics, and strategy, but as a result it is a little more dry. FRL is popular because it is entertaining and accessible. It is more popular than The Rudis despite the difference in approach. More technical does not equal better in this case IMO. 

Ok let’s try this a 4th time in the same topic....I’m not a penn state fan...so idk how I’m a homer when I have no dog in this fight ...I’ve known more  people That went to Cornell then PSU , I literally pointed out it was the wrong time to be “suggesting “ the match was scored wrong ..because as a fan of the show I think they throw some shade at psu sometimes but thinking that all of sudden that makes me a penn state boaster? You’ve spent 48 hrs fighting with everyone that has a different opinion then you calling people all types of names then put up something like “heaven forbid we have opposing views” Your the only one that can’t  accept other people’s views , u spent 2 days saying you are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Put down the burner account Sammie Brooks

13 minutes ago, jon said:

I for one am a big fan of Rudis podcasts!

I am a monstrous fan of FLO happily pay the money each year because the amount of coverage they have is and continues to be unmatched. Specifically, FRL has had taken me from being just a D1 college fan, to knowing more about high school wrestling/wrestlers and international wrestlers as well. My only gripe is it just seems like lately they are feeding in to more silliness and inside jokes, especially with these last two episodes.  Their questions from fans segment used to be my absolute favorite because they would get really interesting questions, dissect them, and have meaningful conversations.  Now it has just evolved into who can make the goofiest twitter handle to get noticed and then ask a ridiculous question....and then the hosts entertain these questions which then just continues the cycle.  It may be because its a little bit of a down period and when worlds comes it will pick back up, but sometimes I feel like i am listening to a podcast that TMZ or Buzzfeed would put out as opposed to wrestling journalism.  That's why I am happy to have found the Rudis podcast.  Seems a little more fact driven and straight forward.  

Edited by JBluegill133

21 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

So you think that after all Zain went thru this summer that after he again wins the world team spot for the second time, that the very next FRL show should immediately go with 45 minutes of whining about the officiating in a way that strongly suggests Yianni was robbed and, with that, Zain's win is again tainted? 

That episode was misplaced. 

I dont really think that was a shot at zain. That was the major exchange from a 50/50 position. There are going to be differences in opinion there. I personally think the call was correct on the mat, but it seems they have been awarding the guy on the leg if there is any doubt at all this summer which is why I have repeatedly said I see the arguement the other way.

Yesterday they went on about Zain being one of the greatest ever Tbarr, and the day before they said they were incorrectly influenced by the Dogu result(which I definitely was). Was that enough love? What is enough? 

Edited by russelscout

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ok let’s try this a 4th time in the same topic....I’m not a penn state fan...so idk how I’m a homer when I have no dog in this fight ...I’ve known more  people That went to Cornell then PSU , I literally pointed out it was the wrong time to be “suggesting “ the match was scored wrong ..because as a fan of the show I think they throw some shade at psu sometimes but thinking that all of sudden that makes me a penn state boaster? You’ve spent 48 hrs fighting with everyone that has a different opinion then you calling people all types of names then put up something like “heaven forbid we have opposing views” Your the only one that can’t  accept other people’s views , u spent 2 days saying you are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong. Put down the burner account Sammie Brooks

I dont care what team you support. You are still whining about bias. 

I have spent 48 hours arguing people who said their opinion is the only opinion.

Where did I call someone names?

Sammie Brooks? Sure, Ill take that.

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I dont really think that was a shot at zain. That was the major exchange from a 50/50 position. There are going to be differences in opinion there. I personally think the call was correct on the mat, but it seems they have been awarding the guy on the leg if there is any doubt at all this summer which is why I have repeatedly said I see the arguement the other way.

Yesterday they went on about Zain being one of the greatest ever Tbarr, and the day before they said they were incorrectly influenced by the Dogu result(which I definitely was). Was that enough love? What is enough? 

You are taking the position that Flo is above criticism while at the same time you criticize the critics. Pot meet kettle.

19 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You are taking the position that Flo is above criticism while at the same time you criticize the critics. Pot meet kettle.

I have called out Flo many times on here Tbar. Every time it has been provable and clear what my issue was with Flo. I have never put them above criticism, but when someone just screams bias over and over they are using it to put an asterisk behind everything they say, ussually because they didnt like one or two things theyve said.

Edited by russelscout

all anyone has to see is that a thread bashing FLO has continued for several days and 8 pages and counting, while, a thread praising Flo has one reply...

FLO has never bashed PSU... not once... 

manufactured outrage...

this is the world we live in...

I'd go thru the whole thread and count the number of persons who it so happens all bring """manufactured outrage""" but there's no good outcome from that exercise -- your take will be the same still and Flo's shortcomings will be major still.

Suggestion: Don't look at it as just eight pages, man. Look at it as an eight-page thread that has some very sharp posts, some very good points. In my opinion!

You'd think with "literally over a million fans" Flo would be driven to raise its game and so would appreciate this thread, which gives feedback about podcast, about production, about professionalism, about decline in quality, etc.

There's no manufactured outrage here. There's no bona fide outrage here. This thread pretty chill actually. 

Edited by jon