WillieBoy

Time to give Yanni a break?

Considering the legal action and the resulting wrestle off - it is time to give Yanni a break.

He and his coach did what they could, using the system in place and the result is now final. Zain is the guy.

Yanni is good and I bet both wrestlers push each other over the next few years and out team will be stronger for the competition.

Cornell & Co are not the invasion of The Taliban into US Wrestling. They aren't ruining anything associated with the sport. They used the system and now abide by the result.

Good luck moving forward. If things need to be tweaked in the US system - let those in power do so. If you need to push them - do so. 

All most of us want is a fair system so we get the best wrestlers on the mat representing us.

Who is this meant for? With the exception of a vocal minority (and one TBar who should step away from the keyboard and go outside and take a walk every now and then) most people on here were either rooting for Yianni, sure he was going to win, or at least happy he got an extra chance.

12 hours ago, IronChef said:

Who is this meant for? With the exception of a vocal minority (and one TBar who should step away from the keyboard and go outside and take a walk every now and then) most people on here were either rooting for Yianni, sure he was going to win, or at least happy he got an extra chance.

Exactly.  This board is 95% pro Yianni.

I ht thought Yianni would win and do so easily.  Apparently he is not as good as I thought.   Not one offensive point.  He was supposed to be the next thing.  He may end up being the next thing after Zain is the current thing.  Zain didn't have a great match either, but he was injured as we know.  Hopefully he is fully peaked for WC's.

mspart

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Exactly.  This board is 95% pro Yianni.

I think the board is 100% pro Yianni. Being pro Yianni doesn't mean we dont like Zain, that somebody doesn't prefer Zain over Yianni, etc. Although I am a Yanni fan there are people out there who prefer Zain, believe it or not. Quite a lot of them in fact. It doesnt make them idiots and it doesn't mean they don't like Yianni.