Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Yianni D - best shot defense, ever?

Just watched the latest Zain and Yianni match and I just came away with my jaw on the floor at Yianni's defense.  I get that Dake may have the overall best defense but I have never seen someone who can give up his legs on a deep shot and somehow scramble out of it or get a reversal.  Closest comparison might be Askren.

Is Yianni's shot defense/scrambling the best ever?

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Dake won Worlds last year without surrendering a point, so I am going to say that is the best defense ever. 

Dake's overall  defense is the best.  But I think Yianni is the best once a guy gets in on his leg.  Dake hardly lets someone get in on his legs.

I would not call it best.  I like it but sometimes too funky and gets put in bad spots where somehow he is able to do more funk and somehow not give up points ... usually.  And my jaw drops. But sometimes, for example with the Hungarian / Russian, doesn’t go so well.

He has some improving to do.

In folk, probably the best last year. Is there a valid statistical database  for folk wrestling ? Mehki Lewis didn’t give up one take down at NCAAs. I know he lost two matches during the year and don’t recall the specifics on TDs. I am fairly certain bc state Bullard took him down in the ACC or possibly the dual