Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

If/when Yianni wins 4 NCAA titles...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jon said:

This topic ridiculous but I'll take the bait...

Dake number one: Four years, four weights, balls of steel, a winner despite his attending Cornell lol.

Multiple losses though.

Yianni only has 1 career loss.  What if he finishes 130-1 with 4 titles?  I would put him above Dake then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Multiple losses though.

Yianni only has 1 career loss.  What if he finishes 130-1 with 4 titles?  I would put him above Dake then.

Through two years Yianni has the same number of NCAA titles and loses as IMAR.  I would rank Dake's NCAA career ahead of IMAR's though IMAR had fewer career losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Multiple losses though.

Yianni only has 1 career loss.  What if he finishes 130-1 with 4 titles?  I would put him above Dake then.

If Yianni's career continued at his current rate wouldn't he be on pace to finish with 2 career loses and 4 titles?  In two years he has two titles and a 66-1 record.  Shouldn't that make for 132-2 and 4 titles over a 4 year career?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fishbane said:

If Yianni's career continued at his current rate wouldn't he be on pace to finish with 2 career loses and 4 titles?  In two years he has two titles and a 66-1 record.  Shouldn't that make for 132-2 and 4 titles over a 4 year career?  

I was just spitballing.  But even finishing 132-2 results in a better W-L record than Dake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I was just spitballing.  But even finishing 132-2 results in a better W-L record than Dake.

Yeah, but that's only one thing.  Dake would have more wins overall; 137 to Yianni's 132.  Yianni is also on pace to win 0 Hodge trophies and Dake has 1.  Dake won titles at 4 different weights and Yianni is only on pace to win titles at 1.  You don't think more wins and more Hodges trump a 1.3% difference in career winning percentage?

Edited by Fishbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't people doing this after Imar's freshman year when he was gonna be the next Cael? Or after Vincenzo's second title? Turns out, you can't put someone on an all-time list when you don't know what their all-time accomplishments are yet. However, I'm going to contradict myself and say that when it's all said and done, Jimmy Cinnabon will go down as one of the worst all-time posters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Griff the BullRam said:

Weren't people doing this after Imar's freshman year when he was gonna be the next Cael? Or after Vincenzo's second title? Turns out, you can't put someone on an all-time list when you don't know what their all-time accomplishments are yet. However, I'm going to contradict myself and say that when it's all said and done, Jimmy Cinnabon will go down as one of the worst all-time posters.

Or is he an all star poster?  He has started 9 of the 25 most recent threads in the college forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough go.  Dake was a 4 timer and was enrolled in an Ivy League academic program and he did it as a true frosh.  Most people who attend state schools don't understand the academic rigors of elite private schools and Dake pulled it all off at 4 different weights.

Yianni is in the SUNY Ag school program and it looks like he is taking an Olympic redshirt.

Both are arguable against Sanderson because he never wrestled the NCAA tournament as a true freshman.  Plus, and this I can guarantee you, Cael never had the academic rigors Dake did....period.  It not like Cael was in engineering while at ISU and like I said...I've done both and most people don't understand the difference between normal state school academics and elite private schools.

Edited by Boompa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Tough go.  Dake was a 4 timer and was enrolled in an Ivy League academic program and he did it as a true frosh.  Most people who attend state schools don't understand the academic rigors of elite private schools and Dake pulled it all off at 4 different weights.

Yianni is in the SUNY Ag school program and it looks like he is taking an Olympic redshirt.

Both are arguable against Sanderson because he never wrestled the NCAA tournament as a true freshman.  Plus, and this I can guarantee you, Cael never had the academic rigors Dake did....period.  It not like Cael was in engineering while at ISU and like I said...I've done both and most people don't understand the difference between normal state school academics and elite private schools.

We get it, you went to an elite private school.

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even assuming Dake did more schoolwork, that does not make him a better wrestler. Dake's wrestling is judged according to his wrestling, not according to his courseload or, for that matter, the  amount of time he spent feeding the hungry, healing the sick or walking his dog.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Even assuming Dake did more schoolwork, that does not make him a better wrestler. Dake's wrestling is judged according to his wrestling, not according to his courseload or, for that matter, the  amount of time he spent feeding the hungry, healing the sick or walking his dog.

 

Agreed.  If one's course load was truly a determining factor then lets put Adam Coon up as the greatest heavyweight in history because he studied aerospace engineering.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing folks have seemingly forgotten, when factoring in rates/pace here is that Dake won 4 titles in 4 years immediately following completion of high school, with an average of 1.0 per year.  Johnny looks to be on pace to complete 4 titles in 5 years, putting him at a rate of 0.8 titles per year.  A rate 20% lower than Dake's rate.  That is significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...