Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

If/when Yianni wins 4 NCAA titles...

On 9/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, Boompa said:

Tough go.  Dake was a 4 timer and was enrolled in an Ivy League academic program and he did it as a true frosh.  Most people who attend state schools don't understand the academic rigors of elite private schools and Dake pulled it all off at 4 different weights.

Yianni is in the SUNY Ag school program and it looks like he is taking an Olympic redshirt.

Both are arguable against Sanderson because he never wrestled the NCAA tournament as a true freshman.  Plus, and this I can guarantee you, Cael never had the academic rigors Dake did....period.  It not like Cael was in engineering while at ISU and like I said...I've done both and most people don't understand the difference between normal state school academics and elite private schools.

The hard part is getting in. Once you're in, the academic rigor of "elite private schools" is not much more than most state schools. 

Well, based on conversations I’ve had with those that did transfer, I would disagree. I suppose it depends on the major (engineering and biology for the two conversations I had).  Once got to Cornell, they were a bit shell shocked by the comparative rigor.  One transferred from RPI (private) and another from SUNY Stony Brook.  But you did say ‘most’ — so there is a lot of wiggle room.  I just have the two data points.

Hard to know for sure without talking to many people that actually made the switch and experienced it.