spladle08

World Championships Entrants List.

Was just skimming, got down to the tough tough tough 65kg bracket and couldnt help but marvel at how weak 79kg is (comparatively). Im a huge Ringer fan and really wish he couldve snagged this gold. But yeah 65 is what I hoped it would be, a gauntlet, 86 is rough, 92 is no cakewalk, 70kg looks about like 79kg but without a stand alone huge favorite.

Anyway, should be fun. Enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12eyNKtgClX-dbMk14X6XFRogJpV--rnpMPdwXYHr0pY/htmlview#

One part that got me was showing that Sharif Sharifov (Azerbaijan) is listed as representing 97kg, not 92kg. I wonder if it was an error or if Sharifov is going to wrestle 97kg? Yes as with 79kg, it's a joke compared to 74kg. Only Dake and Hassanov are the 2 quality wrestlers there. The rest is a matter of the draw as to who can be the 2 Bronze Medalists.

Understanding, this being the year before the Olympics. It is as you mentioned to qualify the weight class for their country in placing in the top 5 the previous World Championships. I would of thought Aslanbek Alborov would have represented Azerbaijan at 97kg. But guess Azerbaijan will put Sharifov to go at it.

3 hours ago, Seena said:

Understanding, this being the year before the Olympics. It is as you mentioned to qualify the weight class for their country in placing in the top 5 the previous World Championships. I would of thought Aslanbek Alborov would have represented Azerbaijan at 97kg. But guess Azerbaijan will put Sharifov to go at it.

Alborov recently got teched by Shabani (IRI), so maybe that's why he lost his place. 

On 9/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, spladle08 said:

Was just skimming, got down to the tough tough tough 65kg bracket and couldnt help but marvel at how weak 79kg is (comparatively). Im a huge Ringer fan and really wish he couldve snagged this gold. But yeah 65 is what I hoped it would be, a gauntlet, 86 is rough, 92 is no cakewalk, 70kg looks about like 79kg but without a stand alone huge favorite.

Anyway, should be fun. Enjoy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12eyNKtgClX-dbMk14X6XFRogJpV--rnpMPdwXYHr0pY/htmlview#

86 is insane

It is interesting seeing who is listed w/ our #1 guys.

Question... IF, by chance one of our guys gets hurt, lets say the Zain Train...?  Does that mean that our other guy that is there and listed(which would be Dariun Cruz) would be eligible to be our rep?  Would we then be able to use Meredith(who is listed at 61kg) at that chance, or how does that work?

I understand that this 'list' is likely just folks entered for their passes at this point, and UWW has the finalized roster list, but I'm just curious.  I know a lot of things can be assumed, but there are things that can't be, too.