wamba

World championships - steaming options

Hey all!

Does anyone know what options exist to watch the world championships in freestyle wrestling online?

I live in Sweden and IIRC they were streamed for free on the UWW site last year. Does anyone know if that’s the case? Does anyone remember if you can also watch replays of matches or just if you catch then live?

Also, how can you stream matches in the USA? 

8 hours ago, wamba said:

I live in Sweden and IIRC they were streamed for free on the UWW site last year. Does anyone know if that’s the case? 

Also, how can you stream matches in the USA? 

Should be free in Sweden from the UWW site. USA requires a paid service through trackwrestling.com.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Anyone abroad know where to watch matches if we don’t catch them live? Are the archived immediately on the UWW site or is it a waiting game to see how quick they get uploaded to YouTube?

If my memory is correct, a few years ago, I watched worlds on the UWW site for free (from the US).

So I’m not sure what benefit Track is actually providing when it charges US fans to watch worlds, given that UWW seemed perfectly capable of streaming it to US fans for free.

Edited by Katie

8 minutes ago, Katie said:

I’m pretty sure that, a few years ago, I watched worlds on the UWW site for free.

So I’m not sure what benefit Track is actually providing when it charges fans to watch worlds, given that UWW seemed perfectly capable of streaming it to US fans for free.

Nope, everyone else gets it for free but if you live in the US you have to pay track.  

11 minutes ago, wamba said:

Thanks for all the input guys!

Anyone abroad know where to watch matches if we don’t catch them live? Are the archived immediately on the UWW site or is it a waiting game to see how quick they get uploaded to YouTube?

They're uploaded onto YouTube and can be found on the official website results page usually within a day. 

2 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Nope, everyone else gets it for free but if you live in the US you have to pay track.  

Better than paying Flo.

This statement true for some fans (mainly not those post here!). Yearlong lock-in a bad thing.

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Yes. If my memory and understanding are correct, Track bought the rights to stream Worlds in the US after UWW had already done so for free.

That is exactly why I’m not sure Track adds any value.

Edited by Katie

37 minutes ago, jon said:

Are you assuming/suggesting the live broadcast would be free, in U.S., if not for Track?

I’m saying that if my memory is correct, the stream actually was free in the US before Track apparently bought the rights to stream it in the US.

Logically, that suggests the stream would still be free in the US if Track hadn’t purchased the rights (and if no other company had purchased the rights either).

Edited by Katie

Yes I too remember U.S. live stream used to be free. Seems to me it's a UWW? USAW? move not a Track move. UWW/USAW wants to generate income and so if not Track as the partner then Flo?

My opinion: U.S. moneygrab annoying but not a big deal. Before long matches viewable on YouTube.

Edited by jon

10 minutes ago, jon said:

Yes I too remember U.S. live stream used to be free. Seems to me it's a UWW? USAW? move not a Track move. UWW/USAW wants generate income and so if not Track as the partner then Flo?

My opinion: U.S. moneygrab annoying but not a big deal. Before long matches viewable on YouTube.

I don’t know who benefits from the revenue Track takes in for the stream. (Do they share that info?)

All I’m saying is that if my memory is correct, I watched the stream for free on the UWW site before Track started charging for the stream.

Your memory seems to be consistent with mine.

Edited by Katie

I don’t know who benefits from the revenue Track takes in for the stream. (Do they share that info?)
All I’m saying is that if my memory is correct, I watched the stream for free on the UWW site before Track started charging for the stream.
Your memory seems to be consistent with mine.
We used to get the stream free, until flo took it over.

Track is better, but a VPN is best.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

We used to get the stream free, until flo took it over.

Track is better, but a VPN is best.

Refresh my memory.

How is the Track stream better than the old UWW stream?

It very well may be better — I just can’t think of why at the moment.

Refresh my memory.

How is the Track stream better than the old UWW stream?

It very well may be better — I just can’t think of why at the moment.

It's not better, it's exactly the same.

But it's better than flo.

It actually works.

I'm getting a VPN for $7.

Several other countries also have streaming rights with third party vendors. It’s not just the US. I posted it last year but can’t remember off the top of my head which nations have it (I know India and Russia are two).

I’m sure a search in the forum would come up with the thread on it.