NJDan

Track Wrestling Charges

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I would gladly pay the $30,  I hate the timing this year. Starting at midnight est is just impossible for me watch and still function. 

With track it is very easy to watch when you get up without having to deal with spoilers. Don't look at brackets or articles.  Go right to the video list and scroll down to watch any USA matches or others that interest you in the order they happened. They are good about uploading the matches right after they are over.  You can basically watch them on your time frame in the order you want to.  Just avoid going to forums like this or looking at the articles on the home page.

6 hours ago, lu1979 said:

With track it is very easy to watch when you get up without having to deal with spoilers. Don't look at brackets or articles.  Go right to the video list and scroll down to watch any USA matches or others that interest you in the order they happened. They are good about uploading the matches right after they are over.  You can basically watch them on your time frame in the order you want to.  Just avoid going to forums like this or looking at the articles on the home page.

Do you need the subscription for watching the archived matches?

UWW, I can only assume, gets a cut of the fee Track is charging to watch the stream of worlds.

It has also been reported on this board that most of the world gets to watch the stream for free on the UWW site.

Yet, wrestling will actually happen at hours that are inconvenient for Americans. 

If all this is true, doesn’t it seem like US fans are getting the short end of the stick here?

Edited by Katie

8 minutes ago, Katie said:

UWW, I can only assume, gets a cut of the fee Track is charging to watch the stream of worlds.

It has also been reported on this board that most of the world gets to watch the stream for free on the UWW site.

Yet, wrestling will actually happen at hours that are inconvenient for Americans. 

If all this is true, doesn’t it seem like US fans are getting the short end of the stick here?

Not really, because its the by-product of living in a free enterprise society.  I mean, you could live in Venezuela if you wanted to, and you'd be able to watch for free.  But in the big scheme of things, no, we're not getting the short end of the stick.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Not really, because its the by-product of living in a free enterprise society.  I mean, you could live in Venezuela if you wanted to, and you'd be able to watch for free.  But in the big scheme of things, no, we're not getting the short end of the stick.

How is the deal US fans are getting from UWW “a by-product of living in a free enterprise society”?

I’m definitely not following that logic.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

the politics understander has logged on folks

19 minutes ago, Katie said:

How is the deal US fans are getting from UWW “a by-product of living in a free enterprise society”?

I’m definitely not following that logic.

You don't understand how the opportunity to bid out the broadcast to the highest bidder, who can then turn a profit by selling that broadcast to customers in a free enterprise comes into play?  

Edit:  To put it another way, if they could sell the rights in Azerbaijan, Iran, etc and turn a profit, don't you think they would?  

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

You don't understand how the opportunity to bid out the broadcast to the highest bidder, who can then turn a profit by selling that broadcast to customers in a free enterprise comes into play?  

Edit:  To put it another way, if they could sell the rights in Azerbaijan, Iran, etc and turn a profit, don't you think they would?  

I believe you’re talking about licensing laws, demand for the stream (in a relevant region), and the UWW’s desire and ability to find companies that are willing to purchase the rights to the stream (in a relevant region).

Edited by Katie

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

nope

Then why doesn't Canada have to pay?

This has nothing to do with living in a "free enterprise" society. There are plenty of those societies who don't have to pay. Russia is a free enterprise society. We're just "lucky" to have a company with the ability to buy the rights and withhold it from us. That's freedom baby.

Edited by qc8223

28 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

Then why doesn't Canada have to pay?

This has nothing to do with living in a "free enterprise" society. There are plenty of those societies who don't have to pay. Russia is a free enterprise society. We're just "lucky" to have a company with the ability to buy the rights and withhold it from us. That's freedom baby.

It doesn't have everything to do with free enterprise but that is certainly one of the factors. And I was never talking about what factors into the decision to sell rights in one nation and not the other.  There are many factors I'm sure.

Cool:

"With the formation of this partnership, Trackwrestling will contribute $5 to USA Wrestling each time the promo code USAW is used at checkout on trackwrestling.com for the purchase of a 2019 World Championships video subscription now until September 30, 2019. USA Wrestling will use the funds raised through this promotion for further development of their training programs and initiatives. The promotion also extends a discount to the consumer when a subscription is purchased."

Questionable:

"'This is another example of a great partnership that makes the wrestling community stronger,' said Rich Bender, Executive Director of USA Wrestling. 'We are grateful for the impact that Trackwrestling has made in elevating our sport, not only within our nation, but also worldwide.'"

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trackwrestling-partners-with-usa-wrestling-for-upcoming-united-world-wrestling-senior-world-championships-promotion-300916272.html

Edited by jon

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It doesn't have everything to do with free enterprise but that is certainly one of the factors. And I was never talking about what factors into the decision to sell rights in one nation and not the other.  There are many factors I'm sure.

It sounds like you disagree with the guy who said the deal US fans are getting from UWW is a “by-product of living in a free enterprise society.”

Edited by Katie

37 minutes ago, Katie said:

It sounds like you disagree with the guy who said the deal US fans are getting from UWW is a “by-product of living in a free enterprise society.”

I have no idea what you mean by that. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:05 PM, hammerlockthree said:

track is a lazy greedy awful website. The reason wrestling is a 2nd tier sport is that we tolerate treatment from such outlets. 

Flo does a lot of annoying and useless things but they have way more respect for the sport and their customers.

I think that you should create your own company and really get things right for all of us.