spartak

Best anticipated matches in Nursultan

2 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Add in Aliaksandar Hushtyn (BLR)

He did reasonably well against Sad, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to Sad's recent surgery at that time - would it be so close now? I doubt it. 

Even so, Hushtyn vs Shabani would be a good match. 

15 hours ago, SatoriTiger said:

Takahashi/Uguev is a potential semifinal match that could be really good. 

Will be real interesting to see where Fix and Zain end up in the brackets.  A Zain/Rashidov rematch could be good, too. 

Zain’s draw matters so much. I want to see him vs Japan but I hope he isn’t on that side of the bracket. That side is likely to be insane

Mine is 100% Burroughs vs Chamizo. Its so 50/50 with such different styles.
I know the dimmer fans look at Burroughs last win and say because he got a 4 (to break open a tight match) and a 2 on a desperate ending by Chamizo... that he has "solved the puzzle" but bang for buck. Thats the #1 match I want to see.

Then Snyder vs Tank.
All the matches from quarters on at 65kg

And Id like to see Fix vs Takahashi

So excited

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Zain’s draw matters so much. I want to see him vs Japan but I hope he isn’t on that side of the bracket. That side is likely to be insane

Hopefully Zain is drawn into the top side of the bracket. I like his style match-up vs. Bajrang and the top side is going to have far less competitors in it. 

On 9/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, spladle08 said:

Mine is 100% Burroughs vs Chamizo. Its so 50/50 with such different styles.
I know the dimmer fans look at Burroughs last win and say because he got a 4 (to break open a tight match) and a 2 on a desperate ending by Chamizo... that he has "solved the puzzle" but bang for buck. Thats the #1 match I want to see.

Then Snyder vs Tank.
All the matches from quarters on at 65kg

And Id like to see Fix vs Takahashi

So excited

• JB beat Chamizo 6-5 @ 2018 BTS (in slippery conditions)
  • Chamizo beat JB 10-10 @ 2018 Yasar Dogu.
  • JB beat Chamizo 4-4 @ 2018 worlds.
  • EDIT: JB beat Chamizo 9-2 @ 2019 Dan Kolov

(Edit thanks to JH)

Edited by Katie

On 9/12/2019 at 1:28 PM, nhs67 said:

I wish some of that class your son (RD3) has been learning would splash into you.

While he(RD3) gets a ton of crap, it isn't because of what he is doing now. He appears to be in a great place mentally and physically since he's gone to the NJRTC. Apparently he is doomed once he gets home and has to listen to you every day again, Mr. RD2.

Maybe you should also pay Rutgers a visit. It appears that you could also use some personal development training. LOL  I think you meant PD2....right?  Work those fingers, big shot.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Well since you would never hide behind your keyboard, who are you?

I'm someone that does hide behind a computer while bashing world team members or other athletes, for that matter.  You need your ass kicked. 

On 9/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, wrestlingphish said:

Why are you continuing to hide behind your keyboard? What a sensitive snowflake. Runs to defend his little buddy every time someone posts about him. Next time you come up for air from Downey's nuts maybe tell us who you are you little clownbaby.

wackjob...you hiding, buttercup? Don't choke on the nuts. All I know is that PD3 is wrestling for a world title while you jerkoffs sit home dissing.  Pathetic bunch a lads you are. 

On 9/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Class... sure. I guess that's accurate, if you consider simply not getting arrested as "learning class."  

I'm not here to personally attack the guy, but he's a grown man, not a toddler.  We've got to have higher standards than that.  

Don't let that rocking chair hit you in the buttocks. 

2 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

wackjob...you hiding, buttercup? Don't choke on the nuts. All I know is that PD3 is wrestling for a world title while you jerkoffs sit home dissing.  Pathetic bunch a lads you are. 

What exactly are you doing right now? Oh yeah, hiding behind your keyboard jerking off to old Downey matches while dissing people. You aren't Downey so you're just as pathetic. Clownbaby.

Edited by wrestlingphish

22 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

I'm someone that does hide behind a computer while bashing world team members or other athletes, for that matter.  You need your ass kicked. 

I hide behind my computer and make benign jokes.

You hide behind your computer and talk about who you can beat everyone up....whats more pathetic? 

22 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Maybe you should also pay Rutgers a visit. It appears that you could also use some personal development training. LOL  I think you meant PD2....right?  Work those fingers, big shot.

Yeeeah... I'm an idiot. I'm glad you understood what I said, Pat. I was watching Sherlock Holmes. I appreciate your understanding and discretion.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, nhs67 said:

Pat's father as in @Blue Dragons.

Which! By the way! Rather ballsy of you when you picked your new screen name to go with what you named your dangles when you were twelve.

I'm not telling you how I know that. I'm not telling anyone how. But know that I know.

Just know that I know....okie dokie. 

On 9/11/2019 at 9:44 PM, GoNotQuietly said:

Any matchup between Rashidov, Aliyev, Khiche, Otoguro, Punia, and Navruzov

It looks like UWW has Navruzov entered at 70kg. Related, I find it silly that Navruzov is allowed to compete after the 2016 Rio match fixing scandal. 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:16 PM, The Genius said:

He did reasonably well against Sad, but I'm not sure how much of that was due to Sad's recent surgery at that time - would it be so close now? I doubt it. 

Even so, Hushtyn vs Shabani would be a good match. 

It's not that one match with Sad, but look into Hushtyn matches in Ivan Yarygin 2019 (he won silver) and European games and championships this year. In my opinion he is the guy to watch out (to create an upset) in 97kg FS this year.

hushtyn-min.png