Zebra

Been a long time coming

This has been coming for some time but since I’ve been around for a long time I thought I drop one last line.

I have no connection to wrestling anymore beyond this message board and what my DVR records. I have not been to an event at any level in 3 years and quite honestly don’t see anything changing soon. Last year #1 and #2 were wrestling within an hour of me and I never even considered going.

Other than a limp which is progressively getting worse, boxes of old medals and trophies I no longer look at, and a lot of memories good and bad there is nothing for me. My life has changed too much and while wrestling was a huge part of my life (40+ years) it’s the past, not the future. I guess for almost all of us this time comes. I have other priorities and new goals.  

To those of you I’ve loved and hated for the past 15 years, I wish you all well.     

It’s hard to get most HS kids to pay any attention to the sport after their senior season ends.  So Much respect for the 40+ years of dedication you have made to this sport.  Feel free to stop in and say Hi during major events like NCAAs and the Olympics.  

Edited by MadMardigain

56 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

It’s hard to get most HS kids to pay any attention to the sport after their senior season ends.  So Much respect for the 40+ years of dedication you have made to this sport.  Feel free to stop in and say Hi during major events like NCAAs and the Olympics.  

This is untrue now with Flo. A majority of my wrestlers follow the sport now 

10 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

This is untrue now with Flo. A majority of my wrestlers follow the sport now 

If your wrestlers follow only Flo then they're following Flo not following wrestling. If your wrestlers follow broad wrestling content then perhaps that's not because of Flo.

Does FloFootball have the same magic touch?

Edited by jon

17 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Take care dude! I will never believe you liked Grandma's Boy but don't like Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison!

Grandma's Boy was beyond a pleasant surprise.  It was one of those movies I just starting watching because there really wasn't much else available at the time.  It turned out to be one of my favorite comedies of all time.  Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are a bit too much Sandler during his overly amped up days.  I actually like him more when he is toned down a bit like in 50 First Dates.  Both had funny parts, but neither are the complete movie that Grandma's Boy is.

8 hours ago, jon said:

If your wrestlers follow only Flo then they're following Flo not following wrestling. If your wrestlers follow broad wrestling content then perhaps that's not because of Flo.

What a stupid comment. 

On 9/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, jon said:

lol at your obsession.

his post wasn't even mutually exclusive. you're trying so hard, and it's clear you're irrational about this. keep going though; it's entertaining. 

Yes, Willie. Go talk more about greatest mind on Twitter. Nothing weird about you saying, to high-school kids, "love ya" on their birthdays lol. Flo can do better and yet you're taking jabs in this thread. Sorry that I see past the Flo halo effect. I don't believe in tooth fairy either, which, like Flo, gets credited for something it doesn't actually do.

There's a ton of good wrestling content. It's ridiculous for someone to credit, by name, Flo only. So much for your 'greatest mind' claim.

Critique fair game, man. It's part of """big-boy sports""".

What's irrational is the idea that any/all of the following shortcomings is a good thing: yearlong lock-in, irksome personalities, flaky streaming, 100% male, shallow social media.

Flo's got fewer Twitter followers than does Burroughs and yet Flo has the noteworthy following? Nope.

Don't take jabs in this thread, man. Do better. You talk so much about 'greatest mind' and yet you fall short.

Edited by jon

keep posting the same thing every time Flo comes up. i'm sure it will make all the difference.

more fans follow wrestling more often and Flo is a major (perhaps most important) part of that.

not the ONLY reason. but a big one. you want to railroad every thread that gives flo a thumbs up. you're obsessed. and it's funny. 

Greco fertile ground for you to prove your point, Willie. Right now interest in Greco rather small. Let's see Flo devote some resources, give some attention, boost the sport/style. Don't just tell us but, rather, show us the Flo effect is real. Otherwise I cry 'halo effect'. Flo documentaries great. Flo technique library vital. Flo all-the-rest pales in comparison.

Flo strives to be a Taylor but so far, in most contexts, it's a Downey.

Edited by jon