Zebra

Been a long time coming

Don't be lazy, Willie. Don't be slippery. The post in question does not say 'largely b/c of flo' but rather it says "This is untrue now with Flo. A majority of my wrestlers follow the sport now".

The gist of my response: Unless the person who made the assertion is sure that his athletes follow Flo *only*, he/she shouldn't be so quick to heap credit onto Flo. There's tons of good outlets such as Rudis, Mat Talk Network, dozens of Twitter accounts... Had the original poster said 'my kids follow wrestling largely b/c of Flo' then I would not have said nothin' back. At this point, I guess, we/I are/am harping about one key word ('largely').

Keep talking about 'greatest mind'. Keep saying 'love ya' to teenagers. You promote yourself more than you improve yourself. "keep going."

Edited by jon

1) i never said you started threads in this thread. read better. i said you turn them into this.

2) you made a non-exclusive comment into this. read better. i'm not the one being slippery.

keep talking about flo, please. 

So it's okay for folks to start threads that say nice things about Flo and it's okay for folks to say, in other threads, nice things about Flo but it's not okay for me to voice a dissenting opinion -- a dissenting opinion that's held by more than just me? Riiight.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

2) you made a non-exclusive comment into this.

Huh?

Edited by jon
jon

8 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

keep talking about flo, please. 

Speak accurately, Willie. I don't '[talk] about flo' so much as I talk about Flo shortcomings. Why do I talk about Flo shortcomings? Because *someone* has got to do it! Lol.

Edited by jon

15 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Sometimes I think some people on this message board really need to chill out. I would never say that to those people, because I am not a cyber bully, but I do think it.

That's soooo funny, Jaroslav. Your trademark snark not at all weird and offputting but rather it's welcome by everyone here. Just last week--start of school year--there's big Instagram campaign, including big names in wrestling, focused on cyberbullying. It really is a thing. You can mock and dismiss and deny but by doing so you do nothing good.

I said it two weeks ago: Many times when you speak you come off as a dick.

I said it one week ago: When the dissenting voice comes from a crowd and not just from one person, you go silent.

Do better, man.

Edited by jon

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm speaking from just a singular voice though there may be a crowd that will follow, but 'who hurt you'?

No hurt. Flo critics give you good feedback. Who taught you to not say 'thanks'?

Hey Zebra - thanks for the years bro - good luck in the future.

Now, for some of you morons, way to hijack a goodbye thread and make it about a Flo comment rather than the goodbye. It's like CNN turning everything into Trumps fault. Just stop jack asses and say goodbye to Zebra. 

23 hours ago, jon said:

Speak accurately, Willie. I don't '[talk] about flo' so much as I talk about Flo shortcomings. Why do I talk about Flo shortcomings? Because *someone* has got to do it! Lol.

Jon, I think you are probably a good guy, but you ONLY point out their shortcomings. Its seems disingenuous when Flo has clearly been great for the sport.

Thank you for the nice words.

Flo comprises several products (e.g., documentaries, technique library, podcast) and it has several public-facing personnel. The performance of these things varies quite a lot. FloFilms, for instance, is fantastic. Some other stuff not so much.

People speak as if talking about Flo shortcomings (regardless of the frequency of critique) is a bad thing. It's not... Does no good to overlook shortcomings just because some other stuff is really good.

Flo calls for wrestling to become a """big-boy sport""". But what about """big-boy media"""?

Edited by jon

13 hours ago, jon said:

Thank you for the nice words.

Flo comprises several products (e.g., documentaries, technique library, podcast) and it has several public-facing personnel. The performance of these things varies quite a lot. FloFilms, for instance, is fantastic. Some other stuff not so much.

People speak as if talking about Flo shortcomings (regardless of the frequency of critique) is a bad thing. It's not... Does no good to overlook shortcomings just because some other stuff is really good.

Flo calls for wrestling to become a """big-boy sport""". But what about """big-boy media"""?

you should continue posting this on every thread where flo is mentioned, imo. some people may have not seen you say this before. keep going.

Edited by Husker_Du

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you should continue posting this on every thread where flo is mentioned, imo. some people may have not seen you say this before. keep going.

Defensive, Willie? Mine not the only dissenting voice. Rather than moan about the frequency of my critique, why not just do better? You're in """Kazakstan""" for chrissake and yet you're bickering online. """Big-boy media""", folks!

In Flo's """expert""" style:

THE POSITIVE OUTCOME THAT COMES FROM WILLIE'S BICKERING ONLINE IS _____.

Edited by jon

11 hours ago, jon said:

Defensive, Willie? Mine not the only dissenting voice. Rather than moan about the frequency of my critique, why not just do better? You're in """Kazakstan""" for chrissake and yet you're bickering online. """Big-boy media""", folks!

In Flo's """expert""" style:

THE POSITIVE OUTCOME THAT COMES FROM WILLIE'S BICKERING ONLINE IS _____.

I’m not sure what you don’t understand. Flo is obviously not trying to be NBC sports or ESPN. They didn’t start that way and they still aren’t that way. The amateur feel of some of the content is part of the charm for many of us.  If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Flo has given us unprecedented access to the sport and all you do is whine whine whine. Every time you post that crap 98% of the forum likes you a little less.  I know you don’t care what we think, but trust me, you should.