jcjcjc

Where to watch Worlds?

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

how do you record from a website? or is it on actual TV?

The Olympic Channel is Television.  I don't have it with my cable package, so I just bought it for a month ($15)

Edited by fadzaev2

1 hour ago, fadzaev2 said:

The Olympic Channel is Television.  I don't have it with my cable package, so I just bought it for a month ($15)

Aha. That seems to be the case  with me as  well.

9 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

Low barrier to entry (e.g., month-to-month pricing) works well to make the broadcast accessible. Go figure!

Edited by jon

Sign up for your week or two free of YouTube TV (app for some tv stream devices or just watch on your phone) and you’ll get the Olympic Channel as part of the live channel package.  On top of that you can place the shoes on your watch list so the video will be saved like DVR for you to watch later if you couldn’t see it live.  I’m guessing that options on the trial features too (if not you still can catch it live at least).  Hulu, Sling, or another Internet tv stream service may have a similar trial offer which includes the Olympic Channel, though I’m not sure which ones also have the free record feature.  I dropped cable this summer and picked up YouTube TV and have no complaints.  Saves me a ton of cash and I get more channels I like now compared to before.  

Edited by MadMardigain

11 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

I dropped cable this summer and picked up YouTube TV and have no complaints.

Yet again in this thread we mention a product that's got month-to-month pricing. Go figure!

I'm watching the Finals on the Olympic Channel.  Kudos for showing it.  I wish I could get into greco, but I just can't.  I was hoping for early round matches from WF, but not yet.  So, I'll explain to everyone I talked into watching it, that real wrestling is on the way, and please, please don't give up on wrestling because you're watching greco.  I find it worse than a pulling my fingernails off with pliers, so I regret telling my friends to watch it.  Hope I didn't run off potential fans for life.

4 minutes ago, Peso said:

I'm watching the Finals on the Olympic Channel.  Kudos for showing it.  I wish I could get into greco, but I just can't.  I was hoping for early round matches from WF, but not yet.  So, I'll explain to everyone I talked into watching it, that real wrestling is on the way, and please, please don't give up on wrestling because you're watching greco.  I find it worse than a pulling my fingernails off with pliers, so I regret telling my friends to watch it.  Hope I didn't run off potential fans for life.

All finals matches were super exciting 

Have you ever wrestled Greco?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just in practice.  To me it felt like playing football without the forward pass.  Surfing on a broom stick...playing tennis with soccer rules.  Well to me it has a limitation that just makes no sense.  I understand it's a personal weakness of mine, but I can't just flip a switch and like it.  I'll refrain from posting anything else negative about it.  Guys are animals, and I will take the "say nothing at all if I can't say something positive." position hence forth.  

So, don't give me too much grief for sounding like a tight a$$ here, but I was going to purchase the Track pay-per-view of the 2019 Senior World Championships package, but it says 9/22/19 next to it.  I know it says LIVE and ON DEMAND, but I don't want to purchase it if it's something I won't be able to view until that specific date... 

Just in practice.  To me it felt like playing football without the forward pass.  Surfing on a broom stick...playing tennis with soccer rules.  Well to me it has a limitation that just makes no sense.  I understand it's a personal weakness of mine, but I can't just flip a switch and like it.  I'll refrain from posting anything else negative about it.  Guys are animals, and I will take the "say nothing at all if I can't say something positive." position hence forth.  
It's an absolutely brutal style imo. It is more like a street fight than a wrestling match.

13 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

It's an absolutely brutal style imo. It is more like a street fight than a wrestling match.

I agree it is brutal, and the men who do it are as tough as they come.  I feel like a jerk for being so negative about greco.  I think I typically promote wrestling every chance I get.  Our athletes and coaches can use all the positive energy they can get right now.  

Honestly, I love watching greco in the early rounds.  Lots of throws and great action.  When you get to the semis on, that is where the break down begins.  And I suppose is that these guys are the best and can avoid giving up points but also cant score points.  2-1 with 3 cautions sucks.  Greco needs some tweeking, but I do enjoy it. 

Interesting, my son is an 8th grader this year and started wrestling for real last year.  Had some moderate success, won his middle school league, but he doesn't love all around wrestling.   He basically wants to throw kids.  While it made me cringe, every match he would try to lift his kid (kid shoots in, he does chest wrap, etc), but he was good at it.   He is a perfect candidate for greco.  I don't know of any programs locally and therefore, he will have mediocre success in folk and that will be it. I think our problem is that we don't have many programs that teach greco.  The western states seem better at developing greco than the east. The east is where the population is and not many programs.  

Edited by jeffrideal

On 9/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, MadMardigain said:

Sign up for your week or two free of YouTube TV (app for some tv stream devices or just watch on your phone) and you’ll get the Olympic Channel as part of the live channel package.  On top of that you can place the shoes on your watch list so the video will be saved like DVR for you to watch later if you couldn’t see it live.  I’m guessing that options on the trial features too (if not you still can catch it live at least).  Hulu, Sling, or another Internet tv stream service may have a similar trial offer which includes the Olympic Channel, though I’m not sure which ones also have the free record feature.  I dropped cable this summer and picked up YouTube TV and have no complaints.  Saves me a ton of cash and I get more channels I like now compared to before.  

I’m having a problem finding how to watch live and “place the shoes” to rewatch live or replay