hammerlockthree

Who isn't cheering for all 10 americans(MFS)?

If I were one of the Journalists making pics from another country, I'd probably be like the guy who picked all 'Japan' for WFS Champs and pick all Russia in MFS, thinking I'd possibly get half right.  That said I'm not an overseas journalist, but a midwestern middle aged guy who roots for our boys no matter who wins the spot, man bun or not.  So I guess I'm not hoping for 10 golds, but for 10 guys coming home who know they wrestled their a$$es of for guys/gals like myself who are proud of em!  

26 minutes ago, airmail said:

If I were one of the Journalists making pics from another country, I'd probably be like the guy who picked all 'Japan' for WFS Champs and pick all Russia in MFS, thinking I'd possibly get half right.  That said I'm not an overseas journalist, but a midwestern middle aged guy who roots for our boys no matter who wins the spot, man bun or not.  So I guess I'm not hoping for 10 golds, but for 10 guys coming home who know they wrestled their a$$es of for guys/gals like myself who are proud of em!  

white noise 

Maybe I'm a heathen sociopath, but the degree to which I root for a wrestler is entirely related to how entertaining I find their style, and less-so personality, regardless of their country affiliation.  That said, the vast majority of this MFS team are great to watch.

Definitely rooting for the japanese guys at the lower weights

Love me some Aliyev/Khinche/Rashidov at 65.

I will root for Green; he seems like a class act, and it would be great to see him put it all together

I really like Sidakov, Burroughs, and Frankie, so I don't care who wins as long as they let it fly

J'den, Dake, Y-Charati are all great to watch from a technical perspective, and I think they all walk though this year.

Just want to see Sadulaev-Snyder again.  Don't care who wins

I'll be rooting for hometown Gwiz, although it unfortunately won't help him here

im looking for that out of nowhere guy.  The guy who just turns it on and throws a wrench into the entire bracket.  Downey comes to mind and could be a guy like that, but it doesn't have to be just a US wrestler (although I really hope it is)...one of those memorable wins that everyone is talking about.

As both a JB and Dake fan, but much bigger Dake fan, I'm ambivalent about 74 kg.  I don't think I could root against JB, but I really want Dake to make the team next year, and an unprotected JB is probably easier to beat.  In the end, I suspect I'll end up cheering for JB, but if he happens to lose, the silver lining won't be a reach.

I'm also a Micic fan, and if it comes to it, I'll root for him over Daton, but I hope both medal (unlikely as that may be).

I'm American, but I'm much more interested in individual performances than the team as a whole.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:57 AM, JBluegill133 said:

im looking for that out of nowhere guy.  The guy who just turns it on and throws a wrench into the entire bracket.  Downey comes to mind and could be a guy like that, but it doesn't have to be just a US wrestler (although I really hope it is)...one of those memorable wins that everyone is talking about.

Zain also does.

Imagine him grinding his way to Gold 

57-I would be happy if Micic or Daton medal. Both would make me ecstatic.

61-I am just hoping to see a medal for the US here 

65-I want Zain to win gold. That there would tell us we have the two best 65kg guys in the world. If he were to beat Bajrang for Gold. Damn it yes. I also want to see Amine win a match or two.

70-I want to see a crisp Green. That Green medals.

74-Burroughs and Gomez for me all the way. A perfect world sees Burroughs over Gomez for me.

79-Dake for gold or retire. I want him for our 74 next year but as previously stated-that makes it tougher if Burroughs gets a medal.

86-We have 5 Americans here(essentially. I want Downey to medal. I want Amine and Abounader to do better than Downey, due to my Michigan ties.

92-Anything other than Gold here would be a disappointment. Cox already beat the next best in the world at Final X.

97-I want Snyder to win. His penchant for losing non-worlds matches makes me worry he won't even make the finals. This being said... I believe Sad beats any wrestler alive on the planet. With ease.

125-The wonderful thing about Gwiz is that he has always outperformed at worlds. I expect him to again.

So... 10 golds? No. 4-6? Yes please.

18 hours ago, whaletail said:

As both a JB and Dake fan, but much bigger Dake fan, I'm ambivalent about 74 kg.  I don't think I could root against JB, but I really want Dake to make the team next year, and an unprotected JB is probably easier to beat.  In the end, I suspect I'll end up cheering for JB, but if he happens to lose, the silver lining won't be a reach.

I'm also a Micic fan, and if it comes to it, I'll root for him over Daton, but I hope both medal (unlikely as that may be).

I'm American, but I'm much more interested in individual performances than the team as a whole.

This is actually an interesting conundrum a lot of fans are going to deal with this year because of the trials rules. As a Gilman/Lee fan who really wants to see one of them on the team next year, it's in my interest to hope that Fix places 5th, qualifying the weight, but not earning a bye to the finals. I don't think I've ever rooted for Fix before either, even before his Ok St days. Yet, I suspect when it comes down to it, I'll be happy to see him win. I do know that I won't take his losses nearly as hard as I would take a JB, Dake, or Cox loss. Same situation for a guy like Graff who I've always really respected a rooted for, but him medalling gets him a bye to the semis at 57. I don't think I could ever root against one of our guys while they're on the mat, but there will definitely be a few on the team this year whose losses won't upset me.

The guy I'm really pulling for is Zain. I've always been a big fan of his and was bullish about him being capable of beating Yianni after his open loss. However, I found myself souring on him after the Final X debacle where Yianni got screwed, which obviously isn't his fault. Now I'm back on the bandwagon I guess. Hope he pulls out a miracle with his draw. Would be a great story.

I'd also add, the messy part of my personality would love to see Downey medal somehow just to create chaos at 86kg next year. Would be wild for Cox, DT, Ringer, and Valencia to have to battle it out just to make it to...PD3. lol

Edited by qc8223