Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Women’s Freestyle Day 1

Hildebrandt - really tough draw by if she makes the finals, she will win it. Has to go through either the Indian who beat her or Mattison, then probably Japan, before finals. 

Conder - not a good draw. She has back to back world medalists off the bat. Bad luck but she is tough enough to grind out a win against world medalists. She has to be perfect though. 

Jacarra - good draw. She has a pretty clear path to the semis and can win that too. She will wrestle for a medal. 

Francis - excellent draw. Tiny bracket. She can definitely medal. 

This draw overall keeps up our slight chance of beating Japan. Conder is the only one that has very little chance at medaling. If we can pull off making 3 medal matches, we could win this thing. We need wrestlers like Hildebrandt to beat Japan though.

14 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Hildebrandt - really tough draw by if she makes the finals, she will win it. Has to go through either the Indian who beat her or Mattison, then probably Japan, before finals. 

Conder - not a good draw. She has back to back world medalists off the bat. Bad luck but she is tough enough to grind out a win against world medalists. She has to be perfect though. 

Jacarra - good draw. She has a pretty clear path to the semis and can win that too. She will wrestle for a medal. 

Francis - excellent draw. Tiny bracket. She can definitely medal. 

This draw overall keeps up our slight chance of beating Japan. Conder is the only one that has very little chance at medaling. If we can pull off making 3 medal matches, we could win this thing. We need wrestlers like Hildebrandt to beat Japan though.

Excellent analysis House. The problem, at least in my eyes, is for us to beat Japan we either need them to lose to other people and we need to beat them in every match or at every weight where there's a possibility of it. The only ones I can see where we have a chance of beating/finishing ahead are Adeline Gray, Tamara Stock and then 3 possibles Forest, Francis and Winchester. Francis was pulled into the repechage but so was the Japanese wrestler. I certainly expect Forest to be in the medal hunt but I expect the Japanese wrestler to do so as well. Winchester has an extremely tall order in her finals match. I just don't think we have enough fire power and that's even with Irie, who had the spot on the Japanese Olympic team almost gifted to her, losing and not being drawn back in to the repechage. That opens it back up for Susaki who I think is the best pound-for-pound wrestler in the world on the women's side. She's never lost to anybody but Irie and Japan has won the 50 kilo WC every year since 2010. Huge upset there today.

Edited by ConnorsDad
Spelling