Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

57kg bracket

From top bracket - Semis: Sanayev vs Atli or Micic, Sanayev to Finals

From bottom bracket -  Semis:  Fix/Ravi vs Erdenbat/Uguev, Uguev to Finals

few interesting matches to expect

1. Erdenbat (MGL) vs Uguev (RUS) - Erdenbat is capable of pulling off this upset

2. Fix  vs Takahasi ( I think Fix will win this)

If Uguev makes it to the finals, he will have earned it. His likely path would be:

R32- Amiraslanov (2019 Euro Games champ)

R16- Erdenebat (2x world medalist)

quarters- IRI, PRK, or UKR

semis- Takahashi (world champ, world bronze)

Edited by Katie

Fun fact: If Micic can win his next match (likely against Davidovi of Italy), then he will be guaranteed fifth place. That, in turn, will mean he equaled the best men's freestyle world finish by a wrestler from the state of Indiana. Angel Escobedo placed fifth in 2013.

[Edited to specify men's freestyle.]

Edited by Katie

40 minutes ago, Katie said:

Fun fact: If Micic can win his next match (likely against Davidovi of Italy), then he will be guaranteed fifth place. That, in turn, will mean he equaled the best world finish by a wrestler from the state of Indiana. Angel Escobedo placed fifth in 2013.

Sarah Hildebrandt?

3 minutes ago, jmachinder said:

I don't think Fix should have been put on the second shot clock but was super impressed with Takahashi's ability to sense when Dayton's inside trip was coming and slip his leg away every time.  

Yeah, this was another questionably reffed match.

At any rate, I was impressed by how good Fix looked against Takahashi.

takahashi controlled the center of the mat the entire match... fix was passive the entire time... the one time fix came forward and actually had a meaningful attack he scored a takedown... then went immediately back to being passive... he was gaming that match instead of wrestling to win it... i was very disappointed

43 minutes ago, jmachinder said:

I don't think Fix should have been put on the second shot clock but was super impressed with Takahashi's ability to sense when Dayton's inside trip was coming and slip his leg away every time.  

Agreed, never seen someone avoid trips so easily before.  Wonder if it was scouting of Fix or the fact that Japanese wrestlers as a whole use trips a lot and are used to the setups.