Sign in to follow this  
Billyhoyle

Aliyev Rashidov Robbery

Hrovat is saying that because Rashidov initiated that move and landed on his back, that it's no exposure.  I know things like failed arm spins, but if you flat out end up on your back from  your feet does initiating the move matter if you don't score?

The point that they awarded Rashidov appeared to be for a step out. It seems like the jury decided that Rashidov went to his back to initiate that step out, and you're allowed to go to your back to initiate a score (like in a lat drop). 

To me Aliyev initiated the situation by getting to rear standing, which caused Rashidov to hit that kind of standing Peterson roll. Aliyev initiated, then Rashidov tried to counter and failed, Aliyev's points. They never give you a slip if you're being attacked and hit a Hail Mary move to try to buy a cheap slip, and they shouldn't have let Rashidov off the hook there. 

EDIT: Rashidov countered, not Aliyev. 

Edited by GranbyTroll

4 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

The point that they awarded Rashidov appeared to be for a step out. It seems like the jury decided that Rashidov went to his back to initiate that step out, and you're allowed to go to your back to initiate a score (like in a lat drop). 

To me Aliyev initiated the situation by getting to rear standing, which caused Rashidov to hit that kind of standing Peterson roll. Aliyev initiated, tried to counter and failed, Aliyev's points. They never give you a slip if you're being attacked and hit a Hail Mary move to try to buy a cheap slip, and they shouldn't have let Rashidov off the hook there. 

That’s exactly what happened. Should be Aliev’s points. I hope it’s not true that he got booted from the tournament because he would have a good chance at a bronze. I noticed he did shake Rashidovs hand but refused to acknowledge the refs... don’t really blame him for that

3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Does anybody think for a second that if the countries were reversed the call would have been overturned?  Who were the referees on the mat, that's what I want to know.  

The mat official was from the US, who you think would be biased against RUS... which is why the call on the mat was 2 AZE. In the challenge procedure it goes to the "Jury" of people sitting around waiting to challenge... who may or may not have been visited by the KGB when the draws came out. 

9 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

To me Aliyev initiated the situation by getting to rear standing, which caused Rashidov to hit that kind of standing Peterson roll. Aliyev initiated, then Rashidov tried to counter and failed, Aliyev's points. They never give you a slip if you're being attacked and hit a Hail Mary move to try to buy a cheap slip, and they shouldn't have let Rashidov off the hook there. 

EDIT: Rashidov countered, not Aliyev. 

This sounds right to me.

Edited by Katie

4 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Does anybody think for a second that if the countries were reversed the call would have been overturned?  Who were the referees on the mat, that's what I want to know.  

the ref is danny blackshear from the US... he is probably the most respected official in this country...

was chatting with another official and then finally got to watch this match again... 

neither are anywhere close to stepping out which i assumed from first view... after the challenge, it was clear they saw aliyev's head hitting first out of bounds off of rashidov's attack and they award the step out point to rashidov... i don't disagree with that at all...

the point of contention comes from whether you see it as aliyev's action or rashidov's... on the mat, i can see a 4 for aliyev in real time... watching it several times, i agree with the call they came up with... aliyev is not running him out of bounds with near the force i "saw" initially... i feel it was rashidov's action...

it's a tough call all the way around, but, ultimately i feel they got it right...

11 hours ago, Gantry said:

Hrovat is saying that because Rashidov initiated that move and landed on his back, that it's no exposure.  I know things like failed arm spins, but if you flat out end up on your back from  your feet does initiating the move matter if you don't score?

Hrovat says a lot of things. He is often wrong

Separate point: Looked to me like Aliev had a takedown with 5 seconds left. Rashidov had kicked away, but then Aliev caught him. No points awarded. After that Rashidov stood up and initiated a roll. 

Maybe Rashidov was not down,  so  that's why there was no takedown.

But it did nook to me that Rashidov threw Aliev out of bounds so he deserved one point. And base on Aliev's body language, he thought he lost.

Edited by NJDan

10 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Separate point: Looked to me like Aliev had a takedown with 5 seconds left. Rashidov had kicked away, but then Aliev caught him. No points awarded. After that Rashidov stood up and initiated a roll. 

Maybe Rashidov was not down,  so  that's why there was no takedown.

In super slow motion it looks like Rashidov comes off of his knee just before Aliyev gets all the way behind. In real time I would have bet the farm that that was a takedown 

3 minutes ago, GranbyTroll said:

In super slow motion it looks like Rashidov comes off of his knee just before Aliyev gets all the way behind. In real time I would have bet the farm that that was a takedown 

How do  you do  super slo mo? Are you watching it on Track?

was just listening to pyles' on the FRL and his horrible takes on international wrestling calls... he brings up bajrang and niyazbeckov... i start watching it expecting the call in question to be just another silly take by him...

dude... all apologies to pyles...

anyone screaming about aliyev getting "robbed" better not watch that match... they might just fall over dead... bajrang was fukd...

58 minutes ago, LJB said:

was just listening to pyles' on the FRL and his horrible takes on international wrestling calls... he brings up bajrang and niyazbeckov... i start watching it expecting the call in question to be just another silly take by him...

anyone screaming about aliyev getting "robbed" better not watch that match... they might just fall over dead... bajrang was fukd...

I agree..too bad for Bajrang, ridiculous call!

1 hour ago, LJB said:

I started a thread about that call, but so far no responses.

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Especially suspicious because it was in favor of the hometown wrestler if I'm not mistaken.

10 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I noticed he did shake Rashidovs hand but refused to acknowledge the refs... don’t really blame him for that

I thought it showed enormous guts for him to shake Rashidovs hand even while he was getting red carded for throwing paddles at the refs.