Katie

74 kg discussion

Lots of competitors entered at 74kg. Chamizo is the #1 seed. JB is #2. And Sidakov is #3.

If JB makes it to the finals, here are his likely opponents:

• R32- Nurykau (Belarus). He's a good wrestler who has beaten iMart.
  • R16- the winner of Kuramagomedov (Hungary)/Kirov (Bulgaria). Should be manageable.
  • Quarters- whoever comes out alive between Gomez, Bezkod, and Demirtas. Won't be easy.
  • Semis- Sidakov. Very tough.
  • Finals- Chamizo. Very tough.
Edited by Katie

JB has just about the worst draw possible, and Chamizo has just about the best. To win gold JB will likely have to avenge losses to guys who have beaten him in the quarters, semis, and finals. 

27 minutes ago, misterc said:

Tough road ahead, no doubt.  If he's able to win this bracket, it'll be stuff of legends.

Gomez (1x medalist) and Bezkod (2x medalist) will have the most heroic road to the finals.

• Pigtail- Eachother
  • R32- old man Garzon (4x medalist)
  • R16- Demirtas (2x medalist)
  • Quarters- Burroughs (5x champ)
  • Semis- Sidakov (reigning champ)
  • Finals- Chamizo (2x champ)

That's just ridiculous.

Edited by Katie

1 hour ago, MDogg said:

JB has just about the worst draw possible, and Chamizo has just about the best. To win gold JB will likely have to avenge losses to guys who have beaten him in the quarters, semis, and finals. 

Who beat JB who he could face in the quarters?

Just now, Plasmodium said:

How does Chamizo get these seeds?  He has this system figured out.

I don't think it's all that hard, right?  He just wrestles at as many ranking tournaments as he can.  Burroughs got to a few of them, thus earning his 2nd seed.

2 hours ago, MDogg said:

2 of them he has beat multiple times since his losses, Remember that he said nobody has beat him twice.

Hope his words dont come back and bite him

Edited by CaliWrestler

7 minutes ago, mspart said:

You all make it look like JB got a bad draw.  Ever consider that those in his bracket and facing him feel they have the tough draw.  The whole point of the tourney is to beat all comers.  JB has a history of doing just that. 

mspart

I don't mean any offense here, but of course we've all considered this.  It's just not helpful to say because it doesn't really add much to the discussion.

IMO, the "YOU'RE THE BAD DRAW!!! NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU IN THE BRACKET!!!" talk is for lazy coaches that can't think of any better way to prepare their wrestlers. 

The rules are pretty clear. Head to head has no bearing on seeds

Right? Anyone can wrestle ranking events... Chamizo did? I dont see how fans think he should be punished for sitting a match, when he literally wrestled the most high level tournaments of anyone. Hence earning the most points as a returning non-medalist....  Also whoever said Sidakov is tougher matchup than Chamizo.. "lol"

Last year as surprise entrant, he had a miraculous run. He has been really close with "the field" since... and with the target on his back I don't see the big dogs getting caught sleeping.

If anyone but Burroughs comes out of the bottom side I'll favor Chamizo. If it is JB. Its a toss.

Also note . JBs first match terrifies me.

I think he is pretty solid through semis after that we'll see

Also ....I think Franklin actually navigates his way to JB