Jimmy Cinnabon

Would Yianni have done better than 0-1?

Zain lost a close match to a guy who later lost.  So I think Zain needs to work on those things he can control and get better at them.  Yianni lost to Zain so I don't think there is even an argument here.  And I was one who thought Yianni got the short end of it at first Final X. 

Zain is the man and he was unable to do it.   Hopefully the weight gets qualified and he has a chance for a do over in the Oly's. 

mspart

I mean, he couldn't have done any worse? And no, we did not send the right guy. Yianni won the second and third match (albeit in a different country). Throwing away match 2 was all that could be done but that should have been a Yianni win in the first place 

4 hours ago, LJB said:

you guys keep replying to OPs ridiculous threads... at this point it is on you all...

Yep, put him on ignore and stop letting one poster dictate so much toxic discussion.  He doesn't care if he's right, he purposely says things that are wrong or contrarian to get a rise of people.  Pointing out a flaw a logic or "proving him wrong" is only playing his game. 

Just stop replying directly to this poster, put them on ignore. 

Edited by Gantry

4 hours ago, Perry said:

I mean, he couldn't have done any worse? And no, we did not send the right guy. Yianni won the second and third match (albeit in a different country). Throwing away match 2 was all that could be done but that should have been a Yianni win in the first place 

This is just a stupid take

Well, we can all criticize Zain, but instead of prepping for world competition he had to spend his whole summer prepping for Yanni - he won, but he couldn’t overcome the process.  Assuming next year our team is selected early with ample time to prepare, I think our rep will have a good chance to medal and yes that would include Zain if he is the rep. 

Well, I will say that these World Championships are really tough, and I have no idea what Zain's thoughts or plans are, and I know that Zain isn't the only one who's plans didn't go they had hoped. So I would assume that Zain and others are already looking at the calendar and making plans. 

But getting back to Zain, I am sure that with another year to train and compete, he will get better. 

Well, I will say that these World Championships are really tough, and I have no idea what Zain's thoughts or plans are, and I know that Zain isn't the only one who's plans didn't go they had hoped. So I would assume that Zain and others are already looking at the calendar and making plans.  But getting back to Zain, I am sure that with another year to train and compete, he will get better. 

Do you think the competition will "get better" too?  

He's been with Carl for 6 or 7 years. But year 8 will be trandescent for the Zain Train?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Do you think the competition will "get better" too?  

He's been with Carl for 6 or 7 years. But year 8 will be trandescent for the Zain Train?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Taylor made a big jump late in his career. But that was by bumping up a weight.

10 hours ago, Scorenomore said:

Well, we can all criticize Zain, but instead of prepping for world competition he had to spend his whole summer prepping for Yanni - he won, but he couldn’t overcome the process.  Assuming next year our team is selected early with ample time to prepare, I think our rep will have a good chance to medal and yes that would include Zain if he is the rep. 

If he had lost a little further down the line, I could see the "process" being an excuse. But I don't see it here. I think 65 is the toughest weight in the world, and we are just not good enough. With Zain, Yianni, and other guys pushing them, we have some promise, so I hope we can make a big step up next year.

10 hours ago, Scorenomore said:

Well, we can all criticize Zain, but instead of prepping for world competition he had to spend his whole summer prepping for Yanni - he won, but he couldn’t overcome the process.

I don't think you can really " prep" for a field like this where you have no idea who you will draw; all you can do is sharpen your own skills and conditioning, and be ready for all comers.  That said - I doubt Zain is making any excuses.

Edited by red blades

One of the best things about our sport is that the winner of the wrestleoff gets the starting spot - no matter what the coaches (or fans) think.

Could you imagine the outrage if Zain won the spot, was passed over, Yanni completed and went 0-1?