Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

The Team from Middle Earth

11 hours ago, scribe said:

They need to mix the gene pool in with Cubans or polish to get some mustaches going 

From what I've heard/read, some Muslims keep their beard but shave their mustache.  But I don't know if those particular wrestlers are Muslim.

Edited by UsedToBe103

On 9/22/2019 at 5:44 AM, UsedToBe103 said:

From what I've heard/read, some Muslims keep their beard but shave their mustache.  But I don't know if those particular wrestlers are Muslim.

These guys in the pictures are all Sunni Muslims. The Ossetians are mostly Christian with some exceptions like Gatsalov.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:27 AM, Lurker said:

I would like to see a list of all of Dagestans results. Not just from Russia but all. For example, Dagestan finished 1/2 at 97...

I agree that would be interesting to see...anyone have those stats? I would also love to see Flo do a documentary on Dagestan. Might be tough since they probably can’t travel there, but I’m sure someone could put together some interesting stuff. I find it fascinating how wrestling is so ingrained in their culture!

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I agree that would be interesting to see...anyone have those stats? I would also love to see Flo do a documentary on Dagestan. Might be tough since they probably can’t travel there, but I’m sure someone could put together some interesting stuff. I find it fascinating how wrestling is so ingrained in their culture!

A good friend of mine, who is fluent in Russian, traveled recently to Dagestan, where few  Americans  or tourists go. He was asked by Flo to  take footage of Dagestani wrestlers and interview wrestlers and coaches.  He did that. Flo never paid him  and  has not yet used his footage.

6 hours ago, NJDan said:

A good friend of mine, who is fluent in Russian, traveled recently to Dagestan, where few  Americans  or tourists go. He was asked by Flo to  take footage of Dagestani wrestlers and interview wrestlers and coaches.  He did that. Flo never paid him  and  has not yet used his footage.

Wow that is messed up! Hopefully he gets paid and they do something with his footage

On 9/22/2019 at 12:44 AM, UsedToBe103 said:

I may be wrong but I think the beard without moustache is a big Dagestani look.  I believe it was Hrovat who said "If a guy has a beard but no moustache, he is from Dagestan."

34 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I may be wrong but I think the beard without moustache is a big Dagestani look.  I believe it was Hrovat who said "If a guy has a beard but no moustache, he is from Dagestan."

Amish.  Definitely Amish.