Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

The Team from Middle Earth

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, scribe said:

They need to mix the gene pool in with Cubans or polish to get some mustaches going 

 

From what I've heard/read, some Muslims keep their beard but shave their mustache.  But I don't know if those particular wrestlers are Muslim.

Edited by UsedToBe103

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 5:44 AM, UsedToBe103 said:
 

From what I've heard/read, some Muslims keep their beard but shave their mustache.  But I don't know if those particular wrestlers are Muslim.

These guys in the pictures are all Sunni Muslims. The Ossetians are mostly Christian with some exceptions like Gatsalov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 6:27 AM, Lurker said:

I would like to see a list of all of Dagestans results. Not just from Russia but all. For example, Dagestan finished 1/2 at 97...

I agree that would be interesting to see...anyone have those stats? I would also love to see Flo do a documentary on Dagestan. Might be tough since they probably can’t travel there, but I’m sure someone could put together some interesting stuff. I find it fascinating how wrestling is so ingrained in their culture!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I agree that would be interesting to see...anyone have those stats? I would also love to see Flo do a documentary on Dagestan. Might be tough since they probably can’t travel there, but I’m sure someone could put together some interesting stuff. I find it fascinating how wrestling is so ingrained in their culture!

A good friend of mine, who is fluent in Russian, traveled recently to Dagestan, where few  Americans  or tourists go. He was asked by Flo to  take footage of Dagestani wrestlers and interview wrestlers and coaches.  He did that. Flo never paid him  and  has not yet used his footage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NJDan said:

A good friend of mine, who is fluent in Russian, traveled recently to Dagestan, where few  Americans  or tourists go. He was asked by Flo to  take footage of Dagestani wrestlers and interview wrestlers and coaches.  He did that. Flo never paid him  and  has not yet used his footage.

Wow that is messed up! Hopefully he gets paid and they do something with his footage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 12:44 AM, UsedToBe103 said:
 

From what I've heard/read, some Muslims keep their beard but shave their mustache.  But I don't know if those particular wrestlers are Muslim.

I may be wrong but I think the beard without moustache is a big Dagestani look.  I believe it was Hrovat who said "If a guy has a beard but no moustache, he is from Dagestan."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I may be wrong but I think the beard without moustache is a big Dagestani look.  I believe it was Hrovat who said "If a guy has a beard but no moustache, he is from Dagestan."

Amish.  Definitely Amish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...