Giovanni

Freestyle Day 3 Thread

Just now, LemonPie said:

Crazy to think that at age 23, Snyder's best days are behind him.  Can't scramble, can't turn.  Of course we should have expected him to get scouted out by now.   

Conditioning didn't look great.  Perhaps Sadulaev was right.  Too much weightlifting

Looked like that time he was wrestling Nevills in Rec Hall. Gassed.

1 minute ago, LemonPie said:

Crazy to think that at age 23, Snyder's best days are behind him.  Can't scramble, can't turn.  Of course we should have expected him to get scouted out by now.   

Conditioning didn't look great.  Perhaps Sadulaev was right.  Too much weightlifting

He could use some more flexibility.  He used to wear opponents much more early in the match.  I feel like the pressure hasn't been there this tournament.

13 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Ehsanpour vs Idrisov was so close, Idrisov took it on criteria 2-2. Awesome TD defence from Idrisov, don't see Lomtadze beating him. 

King Yazdani is back and better than ever, pinned Naifonov then crushed Amine in under 2 minutes. 

Of the matches I have watched, Ehsanpour vs Idrisov was the most exciting and most active. Two guys going at it nonstop for 6 minutes. I was rooting for Ehsanpour. He needs to work on finishing. He was in on the legs a number of times and failed to score a takedown.

King Yazdani looked great!

Snyder looked so basic and predictable in this match. Crazy that he’s basically regressed despite his age.

I really hope acid goes up for the Olympics as if favor him quite heavily in qualifying against Snyder. 

Edited by wamba

Just now, wamba said:

Snyder looked so basic and predictable in this match. Crazy that he’s basically regressed despite his age.

All wrestlers peak at different times. He was kinda like Mark Schultz. Bruisers don't last long. 

7 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

Please refer me to the time on the clock after 4:30 where Kyle Dake produced any offense. It's always the guys who don't have any content who refer to things like overlooked question marks. 

I don’t have to. Dake wrestled the same way he has always wrestled. It may not be pretty, but it gets the job done and there is nothing to be ashamed of. I’m guessing you favored DT in their fantasy match ups. 

I don’t have to. Dake wrestled the same way he has always wrestled. It may not be pretty, but it gets the job done and there is nothing to be ashamed of. I’m guessing you favored DT in their fantasy match ups. 
That whole match I was thinking "God i hate how he wrestles.... however... its pretty unstoppable, and hes from the USA...... guess its alright "

2 minutes ago, MagnetBack said:

Good match between Sharifov and Snyder. Fun to watch two high level guys like that wrestle each other. Not a shocking result. Sharifov is an Olympic champ and multiple-time Olympic medalist for a reason. 

True but I thought he was to old to withstand the young bucks pressure! Honestly didn't think Sharifov had a chance. This is why we wrestle! Never know!

Edited by PRyan2012

14 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Wow this guy took out Cael at the worlds in 2011 and now Kyle in 2019. Bit of history there!

Just wait until he takes over as coach at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and consistently beats Penn State and Ohio State.

12 minutes ago, nyum said:

Utter nonsense! 2018 World Champion Kyle Dake would have gone for the tech superiority in the first period. What the hell does David Taylor have to do with these World Championships?