Giovanni

Freestyle Day 3 Thread

Cox didn't give up a TD at this year's championships. How many did he give up last year? I know it couldn't have been many, but man... The guy is so tough to score on it's unreal. Great win for J'Den, excited to see him at either 86 or 97 next season!

Just now, Perry said:

Cox didn't give up a TD at this year's championships. How many did he give up last year? I know it couldn't have been many, but man... The guy is so tough to score on it's unreal. Great win for J'Den, excited to see him at either 86 or 97 next season!

Didn't give up a pt. this year.  26-0?

1 minute ago, KCMO2 said:

Didn't give up a pt. this year.  26-0?

You are correct, I was thinking he had given up a step out in one of his matches but was wrong. Unscored upon entirely.. What a monster

It's crazy to think that J'Den has another cycle left after this one and still won't be 30 years old.  Same with Snyder for that matter. 

Meanwhile, it is highly likely that this will be Taylor and Dakes last shot.   

Also , with at least 5 years left if they choose, both J'Den and Snyder can both land, and probably will land, 5 more medals.  Maybe even as many gold's as JB. As long as they stay at different weights. 

So that’s 3 medals and if Snyder gets one as well 4? I don’t think it’s too bad. 

2 golds 2 bronze. Maybe a Bronze from Graff.... reasonable performance but.... I think we all hoped for anotehr finalist, as well as a medal from one of these guys: Gwiz, Retherford, Fix, Green... none of them were favored to medal, and needed some help from the draw but... still a little sad 

Gwiz was the biggest surprise not to medal IMO. Fix was a potential (somewhat suspect officiating) and Green with the right draws had a chance. Retherford had the worst possible draw and 1-1 was probably the ceiling for him even if he got through the first match. Downey going 2-1 was as good if not better than we could have hoped for with Taylor being hurt. If Dake gets gold and Snyder/Graff take bronze it is about as good of a championships as we could have hoped for minus Burroughs and Snyder maybe placing a little higher.

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I don’t think Snyder has regressed, but he really hasn’t added much to his game in the last couple years and everyone else has. I think it might be time for a change for him. Maybe new coaches, training partners, training overseas, etc. Not that his current coaches are bad, I just think he needs a new look

It’s the new weigh in rules.  He’s not the same as when he could rehydrate to a ripped 230 Lbs.

4 hours ago, pa in taiwan said:

Please refer me to the time on the clock after 4:30 where Kyle Dake produced any offense. It's always the guys who don't have any content who refer to things like overlooked question marks. 

You are 100% correct!

32 minutes ago, Cradle1 said:

It’s the new weigh in rules.  He’s not the same as when he could rehydrate to a ripped 230 Lbs.

This is probably the biggest factor.  He looked bad cutting to 197 and with 4 years of physical maturity and growth, I bet 211 feels like 197 used to.  Some guys just don't respond to cutting weight well.  

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

This is probably the biggest factor.  He looked bad cutting to 197 and with 4 years of physical maturity and growth, I bet 211 feels like 197 used to.  Some guys just don't respond to cutting weight well.  

Has any 97K guy ever bumped up and medaled at 125?

5 minutes ago, scribe said:

Probably. Because he doesn’t understand what they are. 

Found his Tweet, it was about how anyone that doesn't support Trump is a communist and should leave the US.

I'd say he shouldn't quit his day job, but after today...

4 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Found his Tweet, it was about how anyone that doesn't support Trump is a communist and should leave the US.

I'd say he shouldn't quit his day job, but after today...

Must........resist.......urge........!.....

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Is Patrick Downey the American that rants about communists on Twitter, or is that someone else?

I don't know much about Downey.

But one of his old coaches said "If you're following Pat on Twitter, you shouldn't."

I don't know much about Downey.
But one of his old coaches said "If you're following Pat on Twitter, you shouldn't."
I hate that he won a couple matches and the sh*t talkers exploded. Like "f*ck all yall who said he couldn't beat yazdani"....
And theyre so bad, it almost makes you cheer against him, when he battles the less talented guys he should beat... his fans def make it hard to be in his corner

Pretty outstanding young man to be critical of wouldn't you say?  Princeton graduate school, world team rep and holds down a full time job in a test lab on campus.  Most of us would be proud to have our daughters bring him home.

Pretty outstanding young man to be critical of wouldn't you say?  Princeton graduate school, world team rep and holds down a full time job in a test lab on campus.  Most of us would be proud to have our daughters bring him home.

He just seem like Ward Cleaver, ya know?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk