Giovanni

Freestyle Day 3 Thread

4 hours ago, buckeye97 said:

Could Snyder beef up to 125 for 2020? Might be more suited to his style.

I hadn’t considered this before but the more I think about it the more I like it. Would allow us to solve that whole “world champ on the bench problem” we have at 86/97 kg

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

I hate that he won a couple matches and the sh*t talkers exploded. Like "f*ck all yall who said he couldn't beat yazdani"....
And theyre so bad, it almost makes you cheer against him, when he battles the less talented guys he should beat... his fans def make it hard to be in his corner

My girlfriend stayed up to watch him wrestle because she wanted to see him lose.  She was disappointed he managed to win a few matches.  She did say that he was a world champion in his weight of having stupid tattoos.  I guess Nike must have paid him for the one on his leg. 

40 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I hadn’t considered this before but the more I think about it the more I like it. Would allow us to solve that whole “world champ on the bench problem” we have at 86/97 kg

I also like his chances more against the top domestic heavyweights than against J’den as a sucked down 97. 

My girlfriend stayed up to watch him wrestle because she wanted to see him lose.  She was disappointed he managed to win a few matches.  She did say that he was a world champion in his weight of having stupid tattoos.  I guess Nike must have paid him for the one on his leg. 
Now I feel obligated to review his tats

Snyder is not big enough to go 275. He is 225 when not cutting and is not a huge 213. He is going to have to beat Jden next year! He simulated Akgul when he came to Ohio St two years ago and lost all those matches. Kyle may make our team but it is no lock. Varner finshed 3rd behind Coon and Gwiz mainly because of size and Varner is a bit bigger than Kyle at 230. 

1 hour ago, PRyan2012 said:

Snyder is not big enough to go 275. He is 225 when not cutting and is not a huge 213. He is going to have to beat Jden next year! He simulated Akgul when he came to Ohio St two years ago and lost all those matches. Kyle may make our team but it is no lock. Varner finshed 3rd behind Coon and Gwiz mainly because of size and Varner is a bit bigger than Kyle at 230. 

Didn’t Snyder wrestle 285 for 3 years and BEAT those guys?  It was admittedly in a different style, but the guy has had significant experience wrestling at that weight class. 

He would admittedly have to deal with the size disadvantage again, but his motor should be at his highest. That could be a huge factor at a weight that generally doesn’t showcase stamina. 

If he thinks 97 is still his best, then he stays there(which I think happens).  However, I do think his going up would be best for the USA Olympic run if J’Den goes up. 

57-Fix/Gilman/Lee

65-Retherford/Yianni/Oliver

74-Burroughs/Dake

86-Taylor/Dieringer

97-Cox

125-Gwiz/Snyder

That is 5 out of the 6 weights with at least a World Silver medal and a RIDICULOUS amount of medals from 74-125. Even as good as Russia is topping that is hard to do!