Cradle1

Myles Amine- please defect to the USA!

1 minute ago, calot said:

Once you wrestle for another country you can't  wrestle for USA ever  again

I believe it is more correct to say once you switch allegiance once, you cannot do so again. So micic could not, but amine could. 

I might be wrong

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

How do you think he would fare next year against Taylor, Ringer, and possibly Cox?

Or Gabe Dean or Bo Nickal or or Ed Ruth  if came back or Mark Hall or Valencia even Max Dean. He  would have no chance.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Or Gabe Dean or Bo Nickal or or Ed Ruth  if came back or Mark Hall or Valencia even Max Dean. He  would have no chance.

Repping San Marino -- which is where we're at -- he's already in the Olympics.

Anyone find it poetic that Amine eliminated Torreblanca by losing to Yazdani and Downey by beating the German who beat him.

Also: San Marino is qualified for the Olympics. USA is not. USA will have to beat Torreblanca to qualify now, it seems...

Edited by nhs67

4 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

He just beat Shabonov (3x world medalist), Takatani (world silver), and Torreblanca (Pan Am champ who beat Downey) and he would have no chance against the Deans, Ruth, Hall, or Ringer?  Alrighty then...

That is so super true.

Torreblanca is super legit. Not sure how Shabanau and Takatani ended up at 86kg, but they are very skilled wrestlers. Beating the German who teched PD3 is also a good indicator of Amine's ability.

All that said, I don't think Amine would beat a healthy Taylor.

6 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

He just beat Shabonov (3x world medalist), Takatani (world silver), and Torreblanca (Pan Am champ who beat Downey) and he would have no chance against the Deans, Ruth, Hall, or Ringer?  Alrighty then...

Exactly. He did well this week. But all of those guys have been far  better over time.

Considering we have Taylor, Ringer, Nickal, etc., 86kg was a massacre for us.

• We got teched in the R16.
  • The dude who teched us lost to San Marino the next round.
  • San Marino and Switzerland are checking in at the Olympic Village while they await their medal matches.
  • We failed to qualify the weight for the Olympics.
Edited by Katie

6 minutes ago, Katie said:

Considering we have Taylor, Ringer, Nickal, etc., 86kg was a massacre for us.

• We got teched in the R16.
  • The dude who teched us lost to MICHIGAN the next round.
  • MICHIGAN and Switzerland are checking in at the Olympic Village while they await their medal matches.
  • We failed to qualify the weight for the Olympics.

FIFY

29 minutes ago, Katie said:

That is so super true.

Torreblanca is super legit. Not sure how Shabanau and Takatani ended up at 86kg, but they are very skilled wrestlers. Beating the German who teched PD3 is also a good indicator of Amine's ability.

All that said, I don't think Amine would beat a healthy Taylor.

Agree.

36 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Exactly. He did well this week. But all of those guys have been far  better over time.

Leave Ringer out--what are the Senior freestyle results of the Deans, Ruth, Hall or Nickal that are superior to a European top 10 and a World top 5?

Edited by Coach_J

5 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Leave Ringer out--what are the Senior freestyle results of the Deans, Ruth, Hall or Nickal that are superior to a European top 10 and a World top 5?

Dean has a junior  medal. Hall has a junior gold or two. I don't know if the others have any international results. But do you really think that Myles Amine could beat Nickal in any style (including beach and Indian)? 

8 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Dean has a junior  medal. Hall has a junior gold or two. I don't know if the others have any international results. But do you really think that Myles Amine could beat Nickal in any style (including beach and Indian)? 

That wasn't an answer to his question, my man.

He asked what senior accomplishments were superior.

6 minutes ago, NJDan said:

You completely whiffed on the word "senior."  In other words, you got nothing.  

1 minute ago, Coach_J said:

You completely whiffed on the word "senior."  In other words, you got nothing.  

I did not whiff. I implicitly conceded that they  don't have senior results. The reason: they could never make a USA senior team. Neither could Amine.

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I did not whiff. I implicitly conceded that they  don't have senior results. The reason: they could never make a USA senior team. Neither could Amine.

That excuses them not attending other international senior level tournaments? 

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Deepak Punia made the final on the other side.

Wow.

I am even more convinced that Hidlay would have been a better option. Not to mention Nickal or Ringer.

Hidlay with Punia’s draw would’ve been fun to watch and over quickly