jeffrideal

Huge pickup for the Cyclones

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He just started following Ohio State, Tom Ryan, etc.  I think he's just following everywhere he goes for a visit.

It's easy to forget, but he's not indoctrinated into American wrestling, he may not even realize the hornets' nest of college fandom that he's stirring up, lol.

Can't imagine what he was thinking when he saw how many people will show up to watch college kids play ball.  

5 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Of course it could be elsewhere, but from the list he posted, as a freestyle guy who fills a lineup hole and might care more about RTCs than D1, I'm betting it's Iowa.

Keep in mind his "list" includes "????", so I'd guess that visit is PSU (and is likely his "interesting news").    He supposedly said he is making his decision on 11/20, I'm not even going to pretend to have any idea.

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He just started following Ohio State, Tom Ryan, etc.  I think he's just following everywhere he goes for a visit.

It's easy to forget, but he's not indoctrinated into American wrestling, he may not even realize the hornets' nest of college fandom that he's stirring up, lol.

I wasn't basing it on the Iowa-centric content of the posts that his little finger and eyeball tweet linked to. It's just a feeling that given his list of schools, I don't think any fit as well as Iowa. He's wrestling college for the free ride and the ability to keep training freestyle, it seems, since his ultimate goals are all in freestyle. The RTC matters a lot, I feel--similar situation with Eierman except it's four years of eligibility.

22 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Man this guy really loves twitter.

He has earlier said he was making his decision on 11/20 and that he still has another visit to make, so I’m guessing “today is the day” for his last visit which I’m also guessing is PSU.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Man this guy really loves twitter.

He has earlier said he was making his decision on 11/20 and that he still has another visit to make, so I’m guessing “today is the day” for his last visit which I’m also guessing is PSU.

He is all over social media. I love it. Wish more guys did that and built their brand. It’s one of the few ways to set yourself up to make money post college.

40 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Or you could, you know, get a job....

Like wrestling post college and having more sponsors due to your social media presence. Or using your social media presence to help get a marketing job. Or use your social media to promote products. There are thousands of ways to leverage a large authentic social media following to make a living. 

He's all over Twitter+Instagram and due to his social media presence has become one of the more popular writers at Barstool sports. Not too bad for a MAC guy who was all about building his brand during his time as a student-athlete and then getting a job.