balanceseeker

Cox vs. Sadulaev?

I think Snyder and Cox can beat Sadulaev. I also think that 97 kg OTT will be very interesting. Cox will win the challenge tournament, and then I see a war in the best 2 out of 3 for the Olympic spot.
At the Olympics...if Snyder is our man he is the top 3-4 wrestlers and I think will get at least bronze. It’s not a lock though. People are scouting and figuring him out. I was very surprised that Sharifov beat him. If he runs into Sadulaev or does not wrestle well/gets beat by a Sharifov, or someone who has him figured out in the early rounds, then I could see him not making the podium. 97 kg was insane in 2016 and a lot of people who were “locks” did not get it done due to the carry through system. If Snyder wrestles Sadulaev it breaks my heart to say its very unlikely that he beats him.
I also see Cox as being one of the top 3-4 wrestlers at the Olympics at 97kg. What he has going for him is not as many people are scouting him in such detail as they are Snyder. I see the same situation as Snyder here. Likely he will come home with a medal. But he could come home empty handed should the same situation happen as mentioned above. However, I think he has a better shot at beating Sadulaev. Yes, the sweat is a factor, but that’s not what will help him. Sadulaev has not been against someone with a length advantage, whom is also extremely athletic, and can keep the pace up for 6 minutes. With it being the Olympics Sadulaev may wrestlers conservative. Cox will let it all hang out. Cox also has great defense. Mix all of that together and you have recipe for beating/upsetting Sadulaev.

If Cox beats Snyder I’d give him more of a shot if he had another year to grow into the weight. We saw the impact it had on Sadulaev in his match up with Snyder.

Cox is outstanding but I see Sadulaev’s physicality being too much for Cox to deal with despite him being an outstanding athlete. I just think the explosive strength disparity will be hard for him to deal with. Sadulaev just dominates guys physically  who are insanely strong at 97 and I think it’ll be too much for Cox to deal with.

6 hours ago, wamba said:

If Cox beats Snyder I’d give him more of a shot if he had another year to grow into the weight. We saw the impact it had on Sadulaev in his match up with Snyder.

Cox is outstanding but I see Sadulaev’s physicality being too much for Cox to deal with despite him being an outstanding athlete. I just think the explosive strength disparity will be hard for him to deal with. Sadulaev just dominates guys physically  who are insanely strong at 97 and I think it’ll be too much for Cox to deal with.

You're comparing two different apples.

Sad made the jump from 86 to 97 kg. A 24lb weight jump from 189.

Cox would be making a jump of 11lbs to 213 from 202.

18 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You're comparing two different apples.

Sad made the jump from 86 to 97 kg. A 24lb weight jump from 189.

Cox would be making a jump of 11lbs to 213 from 202.

Yeah, that’s true. Though Cox has a pretty limited window to move up, especially to trials. And even if his jump isn’t as significant as Sadulaev I think he will still have problems with the physicality.

That being said, I still hope he moves up. I’d hate to see Cox have weight issues at 86 if he’d be our representative.