spladle08

Anyone Else Sad its Over?

Worlds is all but over and its super anti-climatic (from a USA standpoint)

61kg meh.
Dake vs Hasanov =paint drying with Dake winning

Yazdani by tech

Even if Sharifov wins? So what... we needed the Boyking rematch...

Im not looking forward to the coming weeks of speculation about who goes what weight, and who is actually better or too old, or the weight cut is too much... I want more meaningful competition, but instead attention shifts to a watered down college season and Austin Desanto.....

Sincerely,
Defeated.

Yes, I'm always a little depressed when the Worlds come to an end. I love this tournament.

Also, a little agonizing the way some of the Americans lost, but as Jordan Burroughs said himself (paraphrasing), this is the World championships and you have the best wrestlers in the world, anything can happen. 

I am sad that we didn't do better, I am hopeful that Snyderman and Tyler Graff can win Bronze medals tonight. Both for themselves, and for the team, and the USA wrestling program. 
Snyder is all but a lock for Bronze. I have a feeling Graff pulls it out... but no justifiable statistics to back that

No.  Can’t  get too excited about tournaments that start overnight.  Maybe if it ever comes back to the US (before 2028).
I understand the difference for when its convenient to watch, but you had to be anxious for results right? Its always an exciting week. But yeah would be nice to be a host more often.

8 hours ago, spladle08 said:

61kg meh.

Yazdani by tech

Im not looking forward to the coming weeks of speculation about who goes what weight, and who is actually better or too old, or the weight cut is too much... I want more meaningful competition, but instead attention shifts to a watered down college season and Austin Desanto.....

Sincerely,
Defeated.

Come on. You’re just bitter that your boy Ringer didn’t have a shot and Chamizo didn’t work out as predicted. Not a good year for us but the weight class shuffle will be fun to follow. There will be more dream matchups resulting from it than possibly ever before. 

Come on. You’re just bitter that your boy Ringer didn’t have a shot and Chamizo didn’t work out as predicted. Not a good year for us but the weight class shuffle will be fun to follow. There will be more dream matchups resulting from it than possibly ever before. 
Hey... keep that salt out of my wounds... but real talk. The next year will provide some pretty great matchups

8 hours ago, spladle08 said:

61kg meh.

Yazdani by tech

Sincerely,
Defeated.

well don't read the forum. For such an awful place we have a lot moral compasses