mspart

Olympic weights qualified for US in FS

57 - Fix did not get there

65 - Retherford did not get there

74 - Burroughs qualified the weight

86 - PDIII did not get there

97 - Snyder qualified the weight

125 - Gwiz did not get there.

2 weights qualified, 4 to go.  What are the chances we can qualify those weights? 

mspart

5 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

We will be good to qualify 86 and 125. 57 and 65 will be tough but I think we get 57. The only weight I question is 65. Very little chance we medal at 65 anyway so I'm not sure if it matters much either way. 

What? Yianni has beaten both  bronze  medalists. Zain can win too. 

11 hours ago, mspart said:

57 - Fix did not get there

65 - Retherford did not get there

74 - Burroughs qualified the weight

86 - PDIII did not get there

97 - Snyder qualified the weight

125 - Gwiz did not get there.

2 weights qualified, 4 to go.  What are the chances we can qualify those weights? 

mspart

I think we qualify 86 and 125 without any trouble.  Taylor, Deringer, and Nikal can all qualify 86kg I think. Downey may be able to as well. Whoever ends up at the qualifiers should qualify it though.  If Taylor is ready by Pan  he will go I imagine.  If not, it will be interesting to see who USA does. 

Gwiz or Gable can qualify 125kg at Pan Ams.

I think Fix gets 57kg qualified at Pan Ams.

The only lingering unknown i think is 65kg. I do think Zain will qualify it at 65kg.  If not then whoever come out at the trials will control their destiny.  The way Cox had too in 2016.  I think that person will be Yianni, and will qualify the weight.  That is if it isn't already qualified but Zain. 

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

What? Yianni has beaten both  bronze  medalists. Zain can win too. 

Musukaev was clearly not peaking and Bajrang wrestled in 3 different continents in 2 weeks when he wrestled Yianni. With the competition at 65, I put it at a 20% chance we medal at 65. 

20% is not bad.   We don't have a better chance in many weights.  Yianni also  won two international  tournaments. He is  young and can easily gain strength. Silly to denigrate chances to medal there. And we  probably have a 90-plus % chance of qualifying the weight.

Well going in I had very high hopes for all three of our teams, and Greco started off, and perhaps as some pundits have said, our guys have made progress, but unfortunately no one medaled or even got a 5th place. Our Women had mixed results in my mind, we had three Champions, which is obviously fantastic, but not much else besides Snowflake's 5th. But we did manage to get both 68, and 76 qualified thanks to the Gold medals from Mensah-Stock and Gray. 

As for MFS, ahh, I am just pondering all that has happened, the obvious brights spots are our two Champions in Dake, and Cox. Additionally we got two Bronze medal performances from our veterans in Burroughs and Snyder. And I was hoping that Graff would also be able to join the aforementioned pair, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Still a 5th place is nice, unfortunately like Snowflake's 5th, it was in a non Olympic weight. As far as the rest of our guys, well let's just say I wish that they could've done better. I also wish that both Burroughs and Snyder could've become Champions as well, but at least they medaled and qualified the weight. 

Anyway, it looks like we have a lot of work to do between now and the Pan Am and if need be the World qualifier. 

7 hours ago, BobDole said:

Past the Cuban who would pose a threat to Zain at the Pan Ams?

One thing in our favor is our continental tournament is Cuba, USA, and a bunch of others.

Yeah, but there's the possibility that USA draws Cuba in the same half bracket at Pan Am's. Cuba didn't qualify at 65 either. 

Zain vs Tobier all over again? 

14 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Yeah, but there's the possibility that USA draws Cuba in the same half bracket at Pan Am's. Cuba didn't qualify at 65 either. 

Zain vs Tobier all over again? 

Are the Pan Ams seeded. If so, whoever we send should be seeded #1 or #2 and likely won't face the Cuban until the finals. Thus both will qualify. For us,  qualifying at the Worlds is harder than qualifying at the Pan Ams.

So here's the schedule as I understand it. The U.S. Open December 20-22, Fort Worth Tx. The Oly Trials April 4-5 at Penn St. And I haven't heard if we wre having a Final X next year, so if not, I would assume that everything will be settled at the Oly trials. 

Meanwhile, we have the Pan Am OG qualifier March 13-15, in Ottawa Canada, and the World OG qualifier April 30-May 03, in Sofia Bulgaria. 

So in the weights not qualified, who do we send? Do we send our current Senior team, or do we make substitutions? I ask since the Continental Pan Am qualifier in Ottawa will be held prior to the Oly trials at Penn St. 

Providing that we still need to qualify some weights after the Pan Am's, the World qualifier will be held a few weeks after our Oly trails, where perhaps our newly minted members will have a chance to go to Bulgaria at the end of the month and try to qualify their weight. So I think this should be very interesting to see how this all unfolds. 

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Are the Pan Ams seeded. If so, whoever we send should be seeded #1 or #2 and likely won't face the Cuban until the finals. Thus both will qualify. For us,  qualifying at the Worlds is harder than qualifying at the Pan Ams.

I believe they will seed the continentals this year, but not sure what weird UWW criteria they will use.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6561898-uww-rankings-series-changes-for-2020

51 minutes ago, de4856 said:

So here's the schedule as I understand it. The U.S. Open December 20-22, Fort Worth Tx. The Oly Trials April 4-5 at Penn St. And I haven't heard if we wre having a Final X next year, so if not, I would assume that everything will be settled at the Oly trials. 

Meanwhile, we have the Pan Am OG qualifier March 13-15, in Ottawa Canada, and the World OG qualifier April 30-May 03, in Sofia Bulgaria. 

So in the weights not qualified, who do we send? Do we send our current Senior team, or do we make substitutions? I ask since the Continental Pan Am qualifier in Ottawa will be held prior to the Oly trials at Penn St. 

Providing that we still need to qualify some weights after the Pan Am's, the World qualifier will be held a few weeks after our Oly trails, where perhaps our newly minted members will have a chance to go to Bulgaria at the end of the month and try to qualify their weight. So I think this should be very interesting to see how this all unfolds. 

Possibly a Final VI