NJDan

Mysterious non-Oly Redshirts

7 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

You are forgetting one thing. Well several but thenmain thing is Dennis and the Tank had nobody very accomplished in their weight so it was much easier. 74kg and 86kg will be stacked with world champs and other elite guys.

Nobody accomplished? 65 kg had metclaf Jordan Oliver, Reece humphries, James green coming off of world bronze, Logan steibler, kellen Russell, Zain and Pico ...frank was behind all of them in seeding career accomplishments..name me 8 guys ahead of hall was 74 or 86...I’ll wait ....and yea that Coleman Scott guy was a real nobody at Dennis weight, Ramos too never mind nico ,waters , graff, nashon 

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Nobody accomplished? 65 kg had metclaf Jordan Oliver, Reece humphries, James green coming off of world bronze, Logan steibler, kellen Russell, Zain and Pico ...frank was behind all of them in seeding career accomplishments..name me 8 guys ahead of hall was 74 or 86...I’ll wait ....and yea that Coleman Scott guy was a real nobody at Dennis weight, Ramos too never mind nico ,waters , graff, nashon 

At this point you’re just being hard headed. At 74 you will most likely have two MULTIPLE TIME world champs. At 86 you will have at least one world champ (potentially 2-3) and a host of other people that have recently defeated Hall or demonstrated to be superior to him. Factor in that he is going to wrestle all a collegiate season at who knows what weight and he is a major long shot. 

21 minutes ago, nyum said:

At this point you’re just being hard headed. At 74 you will most likely have two MULTIPLE TIME world champs. At 86 you will have at least one world champ (potentially 2-3) and a host of other people that have recently defeated Hall or demonstrated to be superior to him. Factor in that he is going to wrestle all a collegiate season at who knows what weight and he is a major long shot. 

It’s pretty rich you calling me hard headed when my whole point is frank had 8 more accomplished guys in front of him and he had never beaten any of them..at 74 outside of JB and Dake whose “superior” to Hall? At 86 outside of Taylor ringer and maybe jden if he can make the weight , who else is “superior to mark hall,...the whole point is molinaro was the 9 least likely guy to win at his weight...at most hall maybe would have 4 guys at weight that are clearly ahead of him 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Metcalf, Humphries, Russell, Zain, Pico, Oliver - No senior medals. Some had not even nade a team. Green 2 bronze and we saw what he looked like dropping to 65. Scott - OB. So they had not ACOMPLISHED much in freestyle.

At 57 - none of them had ever medalled and never mind.

at 74 outside of JB and Dake whose “superior” to Hall? 

At 86 outside of Taylor ringer and maybe jden if he can make the weight , who else is “superior to mark hall

Isaiah Martinez, for starters

and Zahid is marky’s daddy

Edited by nyum

It’s pretty rich you calling me hard headed when my whole point is frank had 8 more accomplished guys in front of him and he had never beaten any of them..at 74 outside of JB and Dake whose “superior” to Hall? At 86 outside of Taylor ringer and maybe jden if he can make the weight , who else is “superior to mark hall,...the whole point is molinaro was the 9 least likely guy to win at his weight...at most hall maybe would have 4 guys at weight that are clearly ahead of him 

lol. Those 8 dudes so good they couldn’t even qualify the weight

1 hour ago, nyum said:

Isaiah Martinez, for starters

and Zahid is marky’s daddy

I would not be the least bit surprised if mark hall beat Imar and claiming anyone is a 3 time ncaa finalists “daddy” shows your an idiot , he literally beat zahid last year then lost by 1 in the ncaa finals ...if that’s being someone’s daddy to you I’m sorry you grew up with such a weak father 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I would not be the least bit surprised if mark hall beat Imar and claiming anyone is a 3 time ncaa finalists “daddy” shows your an idiot , he literally beat zahid last year then lost by 1 in the ncaa finals ...if that’s being someone’s daddy to you I’m sorry you grew up with such a weak father 

Woah there. That’s called folk style.  Did you not see their last freestyle match? It was not close. 

Also Kyle Dake is DT’s daddy and he was a 4x ncaa finalist. What do you think about that?

1 hour ago, nyum said:

Woah there. That’s called folk style.  Did you not see their last freestyle match? It was not close. 

Also Kyle Dake is DT’s daddy and he was a 4x ncaa finalist. What do you think about that?

He thinks your [sic] an idiot. 

13 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Lol at this attack

wuat was Jden’s seed? What was Molinaros? Denis? Or are you saying you picked these guys to make the team?

also really weird reason to call someone a coward but ok then. Little insecure buddy? You doin alright? 

Another non response with a bunch of stupid questions mixed in, say something. 

Hall has no shot.

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 9/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

anyone who think Zahid would be a weak father is an idiot.

Thats how you argue.

Stefan Micic is ranked by Flo, which means they think he is not taking an Oly redshirt. That seems odd as it would certainly make Team Serbia and  it seems he would  have a shot at a medal.

24 minutes ago, nyum said:

And thats what everyone puts next to his title

Stieber is a world champion. No ifs or buts. If folks want to belittle his competition, they  can. But it does not change the fact.

Can someone like Dieringer try to make the team at an Olympic weight and, if they fail, try for a  spot at a non-Oly weight?

16 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Stieber is a world champion. No ifs or buts. If folks want to belittle his competition, they  can. But it does not change the fact.

Can someone like Dieringer try to make the team at an Olympic weight and, if they fail, try for a  spot at a non-Oly weight?

I think the way it went was that worlds were almost a last minute thing, so he was able to qualify again.

18 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Brush up on your wrestling history and then we’ll talk 

1 hour ago, nyum said:

And thats what everyone puts next to his title

I don’t really get this take and I see it all over the place. Do people not know who Stieber beat in that run? It’s very impressive. Sure that was the best he has ever looked, but he legitimately did it. 

He beat, in order: Shuptar - world bronze 2015 - India

Chakaev - 2 time world bronze (2016, 2018 at 65kg) - Russia

Eihsanpoor - 2019 Bronze - Iran 

Lomtadze - 2019 world champ  sat behind a multiple time world champ  kind of like a Dake and Taylor situation behind Burroughs  - Georgia

This is not a weak group 

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Stefan Micic is ranked by Flo, which means they think he is not taking an Oly redshirt. That seems odd as it would certainly make Team Serbia and  it seems he would  have a shot at a medal.

Actually now that he has qualified the weight for Serbia it may be less important for Micic to take an Olympic RS.  He doesn't have to worry about trying to qualify the weight at the Euro Championships or at the last chance tournament.  He may to choose to RS anyway but he will have a lot of time after NCAAs to get ready for Tokyo if wants to wrestle in college this year.

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I don’t really get this take and I see it all over the place. Do people not know who Stieber beat in that run? It’s very impressive. Sure that was the best he has ever looked, but he legitimately did it. 

He beat, in order: Shuptar - world bronze 2015 - India

Chakaev - 2 time world bronze (2016, 2018 at 65kg) - Russia

Eihsanpoor - 2019 Bronze - Iran 

Lomtadze - 2019 world champ  sat behind a multiple time world champ  kind of like a Dake and Taylor situation behind Burroughs  - Georgia

This is not a weak group 

The issue isn’t the quality of opponent, but the nature of the tournament, how late it was announced, and how it was prioritized. 

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

He doesnt need to. wrestlers like Fix Yianni and steveson need to because the turnaround from NCAAs to the Trials is too fast.

Micic can get ready in time for summer I assume.

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

So do you think Dake and Cox's golds are also marginalized? I sorta do.

Not in the same way. Although they are not competing at Olympic weight classes. The 2018/19 WCs were the premier wrestling event of the year. In ‘16, they were an afterthought. 

15 hours ago, nyum said:

The issue isn’t the quality of opponent, but the nature of the tournament, how late it was announced, and how it was prioritized. 

So it has an asterisk because it wasn’t marketed well? I don’t see how that impacts how real the gold is.