Jump to content
BallandChain

World Championships Final day.

Recommended Posts

Good match by Aware. Graff got hit lumbering forward with a couple slick take downs. Takedown defense of Aware was excellent, Graff couldn't finish 3 or 4 good singles.  Great tournament for Graff, congrats to India.

Edited by BallandChain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Looks like Russia is dominating the team race this year to a  greater degree than Penn State  in recent years or Iowa back  in the  day.

The Russian Men's Freestyle Program is the most impressive thing that I have ever seen in sport.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Team standings? Where does the U.S. stand? 

It's on the  UWW website. But they don't add points until a weight is complete.

The one on Track is WRONG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Team standings? Where does the U.S. stand? 

If Kazakstan wins either of their bronze medal matches, 79kg or 97kg, they will be out of reach of the US. If Dake wins gold and Snyder gets his bronze, the US will beat Iran. If Odikadze beats Snyder, Georgia will beat the US (as will Iran and Kazakstan). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peso said:

The Russian Men's Freestyle Program is the most impressive thing that I have ever seen in sport.  

 

For sure!! They definitely got their edge back. Incredible speed, endurance strength and focus. Haven't seem them this good since 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BallandChain said:

I never did like that part of his style. He gets ahead and just holds a lead. Still lights out, Congrats to Kyle Dake.

Seems like he  plays with fire. Hasanov was one move away from winning the whole time. But that's Dake, I guess. Very subdued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

If Kazakstan wins either of their bronze medal matches, 79kg or 97kg, they will be out of reach of the US. If Dake wins gold and Snyder gets his bronze, the US will beat Iran. If Odikadze beats Snyder, Georgia will beat the US (as will Iran and Kazakstan). 

if Iran 97kg finishes 10th (which I believe he does) US can't beat Iran for the 3rd place.

Odikadze / Snyder determines the 4th place in team ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did Hasanov not get put on the shot clock in the first period? I don’t think he shot once and Dake was much more aggressive in the first.

That being said, Dake should have had two cautions by the end of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Seems like he  plays with fire. Hasanov was one move away from winning the whole time. But that's Dake, I guess. Very subdued.

Agreed. I had that feeling on impending doom in my stomach the same as the end of JBs and Greens matchs. Cant sit on a lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BallandChain said:

I never did like that part of his style. He gets ahead and just holds a lead. Still lights out, Congrats to Kyle Dake.

Normally when Dake stalls (if you call it that) he does it  by tying up. Today it looked like he didn't want to wrestle at all. But  it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...