BallandChain

World Championships Final day.

Good match by Aware. Graff got hit lumbering forward with a couple slick take downs. Takedown defense of Aware was excellent, Graff couldn't finish 3 or 4 good singles.  Great tournament for Graff, congrats to India.

Edited by BallandChain

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Looks like Russia is dominating the team race this year to a  greater degree than Penn State  in recent years or Iowa back  in the  day.

The Russian Men's Freestyle Program is the most impressive thing that I have ever seen in sport.  

2 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Team standings? Where does the U.S. stand? 

It's on the  UWW website. But they don't add points until a weight is complete.

The one on Track is WRONG.

4 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Team standings? Where does the U.S. stand? 

If Kazakstan wins either of their bronze medal matches, 79kg or 97kg, they will be out of reach of the US. If Dake wins gold and Snyder gets his bronze, the US will beat Iran. If Odikadze beats Snyder, Georgia will beat the US (as will Iran and Kazakstan). 

15 minutes ago, Peso said:

The Russian Men's Freestyle Program is the most impressive thing that I have ever seen in sport.  

For sure!! They definitely got their edge back. Incredible speed, endurance strength and focus. Haven't seem them this good since 2017.

1 minute ago, BallandChain said:

I never did like that part of his style. He gets ahead and just holds a lead. Still lights out, Congrats to Kyle Dake.

Seems like he  plays with fire. Hasanov was one move away from winning the whole time. But that's Dake, I guess. Very subdued.

30 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

If Kazakstan wins either of their bronze medal matches, 79kg or 97kg, they will be out of reach of the US. If Dake wins gold and Snyder gets his bronze, the US will beat Iran. If Odikadze beats Snyder, Georgia will beat the US (as will Iran and Kazakstan). 

if Iran 97kg finishes 10th (which I believe he does) US can't beat Iran for the 3rd place.

Odikadze / Snyder determines the 4th place in team ranking.

How did Hasanov not get put on the shot clock in the first period? I don’t think he shot once and Dake was much more aggressive in the first.

That being said, Dake should have had two cautions by the end of the match.

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

Seems like he  plays with fire. Hasanov was one move away from winning the whole time. But that's Dake, I guess. Very subdued.

Agreed. I had that feeling on impending doom in my stomach the same as the end of JBs and Greens matchs. Cant sit on a lead.

6 minutes ago, BallandChain said:

I never did like that part of his style. He gets ahead and just holds a lead. Still lights out, Congrats to Kyle Dake.

Normally when Dake stalls (if you call it that) he does it  by tying up. Today it looked like he didn't want to wrestle at all. But  it worked.